Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

• Most of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half of them

• Some of them

• None of them

• Total voters

no one, except you, has said or insinuated that obama used an executive order to delay, tweak or otherwise adjust portions of the aca 5 times. The ultimate goals and spirit of the law were not changed by any of the adjustments made by congress or the white house. Therefore, any minor adjustments made to attain success is ok imho. That is probably why scotus has not acted on the public regurgitations of frustrated right wing liars.

Btw, if you have links please show us when obama used an executive order to change the aca! I'd be happy to review those orders to determine how congess managed to let such orders slip through without protest!
you were saying?
i am aware of the desperation that defines right-wing political strategy now days. This op reflects that desperation by distortion.

The 14 points mentioned in the op emanate from a televised broadcast taking place way back in september, 2013. Us rep tom graves announced succinctly that obama had amended, delayed or repealed 19 components of his own law! That was a lie!

Indeed, the aca has been modified or delayed 19 times, not 14; but, it was congress, not obama, that made 14 of those adjustments. The white house made 5.

obama is no fool! He is a cautious president and is not likely to make rash or impetuous decisions that would even give the appearance of usurping power from congress in a non-emergency political clime those 5 tweaks he made were probably made with some sort of deal or congressional approval.

http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/sep/25/tom-graves/rep-graves-says-obama-has-changed-aca-19-times/

thanks for quoting me correctly but i just don't see the "got cha" moment!

Thanks for sharing! However, there is nothing in the order that even remotely looks like an ammendment or a change to the PPACA! Here, Obama cleverly uses language from other laws such as the HYDE ACT in regards to not funding abortions wih government funds. He is not promulgating change to the ACA, he is implementing policy based on other federal laws and applying them to the ACA for clarification in the field! That IS Constitutional!

Thanks for sharing! However, there is nothing in the order that even remotely looks like an ammendment or a change to the PPACA! Here, Obama cleverly uses language from other laws such as the HYDE ACT in regards to not funding abortions wih government funds. He is not promulgating change to the ACA, he is implementing policy based on other federal laws and applying them to the ACA for clarification in the field! That IS Constitutional!
Funding abortion is a change funding for abortion wasn't supposed to be in obamacare.

Any changes made to obamacare would have a vote count if Congress made any changes can I see the votes?

The only time a president is authorized the use of an executive order is during an emergency.
Fixing a law does not warrant an emergency.

Looks like you started off on the wrong foot! Executive Orders can be issued at any time... Emergency or NOT!

Funding abortion is a change funding for abortion wasn't supposed to be in obamacare.

Slow down and re-read my post. Obama agrees with you... his Executive Order clarifies that government funds will NOT be used to fund abortions. His Order is based on laws already on the books that prohibit such funding... there is nothing unconstitutional there!!!

Slow down and re-read my post. Obama agrees with you... his Executive Order clarifies that government funds will NOT be used to fund abortions. His Order is based on laws already on the books that prohibit such funding... there is nothing unconstitutional there!!!
Changes were made in the law if obama didn't do it where is the vote count from congress?

Obama has continually usurped his constitutional authority--and he has done it without the required congressional--legislative authority. This is very typical of this administration.

images

Last edited:
There is no question that BO has committed impeachable offenses.

It's just nobody wants to prosecute and I am of the opinion that's because he is black. For real. This congress does not have the balls to go after Obama even if it's for the right reasons.

If they impeached Obama the LA riots would look like a pep rally

-Geaux

Forum List

Back