Are Pastafarians Dishonest

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Would Pastafarians really be humble enough to admit that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster? According to their Holy Book on pages 28-29 they would change their mind that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist as long as proof was provided.

Finally, we find that the religions tend to put a lot of stock in "dogma," which is a way of saying they are correct beyond all doubt. Even the most devout of the Pastafarians will scratch their heads and nervously readjust their eye patches at this idea. Dogma implies an absolute belief in something, and in order for people to have an absolute belief in anything, they'd basically have to be fucking omniscient. We have a different approach: FSM believers reject dogma. Which is not to say that we don't believe we're right. Obviously, we do. We simply reserve the right to change our beliefs based on new evidence or greater understanding of old evidence. Our rejection of dogma is so strong that we leave open the possibility that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster at all. So, in a sense, you could say that we're extremely openminded—we could change our minds someday. All we ask is proof of His nonexistence.

I don't know if I believe them.

image.jpeg

of course he doesn't exist?

I know but will Pastafarians really admit it when they are presented with proof of his nonexistence?
Your missing the point. They know he doesn't exist, they are saying that you can't prove god, exists anymore than you can prove the flying spaghetti monster exists.

They're all atheists they dont actually worship anything

That's what I thought too until I seen this:

I know but will Pastafarians really admit it when they are presented with proof of his nonexistence?
Your missing the point. They know he doesn't exist, they are saying that you can't prove god, exists anymore than you can prove the flying spaghetti monster exists.

so what?

Would Pastafarians really be humble enough to admit that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster? According to their Holy Book on pages 28-29 they would change their mind that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist as long as proof was provided.

Finally, we find that the religions tend to put a lot of stock in "dogma," which is a way of saying they are correct beyond all doubt. Even the most devout of the Pastafarians will scratch their heads and nervously readjust their eye patches at this idea. Dogma implies an absolute belief in something, and in order for people to have an absolute belief in anything, they'd basically have to be fucking omniscient. We have a different approach: FSM believers reject dogma. Which is not to say that we don't believe we're right. Obviously, we do. We simply reserve the right to change our beliefs based on new evidence or greater understanding of old evidence. Our rejection of dogma is so strong that we leave open the possibility that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster at all. So, in a sense, you could say that we're extremely openminded—we could change our minds someday. All we ask is proof of His nonexistence.

I don't know if I believe them.
There is the splinter group, The Whole Wheat Pastafarians..

I was laughing my ass off! Big props to the chic for keep in character the whole time! I would have busted up a quarter of the way through. And adding the bit about her being disabled was pure genius! Bravo! All hail Ramen!

what no Flying Spaghetti Monster???

but there is a god (he/she/it/they)?
Ramen is the god recognized by the evangelical pastafarians. So both believe in God. They just had different revelations revealed to them by thier creator.

I
Would Pastafarians really be humble enough to admit that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Blasphemer

I guess that settles it. Everyone might as well burn thier bibles, and korans.

I think there is more proof that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist than there is proof that Yahweh exists. It might be bad proof but there is more.

You do realize that anything you create can be used as evidence, right?

What proof?

There isn't any yet but if there was, would Pastafarians really admit that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist?

Do you trust them?
You can't prove that something doesn't exist, as you haven't travelled the whole universe, so how would you know?

I don't trust any religion, they're all fakers, which is the point of Pastafarians.

Forum List

Back