Are 'real blacks' pissed off about only fake blacks being used in every commercial aired on T.V.? Why are advertisers afraid to use 'real blacks'?

Literally every single commercial features a black person right now (apparently BLM sent the rulebook to all advertisers) but all the featured blacks are well dressed, well spoken, articulate, often light skinned or half black.....
Anyhoo, why aren't any hood blacks featured in these ad campaigns...why are advertisers ashamed of 'real blacks'?

Advertising agencies bring actors on board who they think can sell their product to do TV commercials..

The truth be told, most people of any race hired to do this kind of gig are usually well dressed , well spoken and intelligent, or at least can pretend to do so for 30 seconds in a convincing manner.
Who do they think will buy more of their products, unemployed black dregs or working white America?

Real blacks? Do you actually think all blacks are hood rats? Surely you are not that ignorant.
Not at all...that's just what most blacks tell us....You know who Uncle Tom is right?

I have never known a black that claimed most blacks are hood rats. Most of the black people I know are productive members of society and professionals.
Ok then, so the commercials have it right.....right?

Commercials are a pretty lousy way of judging a society. A company PAYS to have them made, with the expressed intention of attracting more customers. It is not reality any more than the older commercials that showed women cleaning their house in a nice dress in heels.
I agree with that. It's just that now every commercial is at least a mixed family if not all black.....which is certainly not realistic and if anything turns me away from the product. Seems like it would be wiser to at least have a balance.
Or at least reflect the actual demographics of the country and not some progressive view of what they would like it to be.

And what would that actual demographic look like?
Your question is disingenuous or you are being obtuse. If you watch the ads during the evening news or prime time, the make up of the populace is made out to be about 50-75% black when they comprise 13% of the population. Each ad also contains, in some way, a non-traditional family, i.e. two gay parents, mixed race unions, etc. I am not denying that these cases exist, but not in the number that they try to portray. White actors do not comprise the 63% of the ad that would reflect the actual demographic of the US. Does that make sense to you now or are you going to pretend that you don't understand again.

Real blacks? Do you actually think all blacks are hood rats? Surely you are not that ignorant.
Not at all...that's just what most blacks tell us....You know who Uncle Tom is right?

I have never known a black that claimed most blacks are hood rats. Most of the black people I know are productive members of society and professionals.

Commercials are a pretty lousy way of judging a society. A company PAYS to have them made, with the expressed intention of attracting more customers. It is not reality any more than the older commercials that showed women cleaning their house in a nice dress in heels.
I agree with that. It's just that now every commercial is at least a mixed family if not all black.....which is certainly not realistic and if anything turns me away from the product. Seems like it would be wiser to at least have a balance.
Or at least reflect the actual demographics of the country and not some progressive view of what they would like it to be.

Well a few families I know are all white.

Lots of them are. But trying to argue that commercials are a reflection of the real world, or that they should be is ridiculous.

I remember there being a big backlash against an interracial family in some commercial a few years ago. Now there are more and more of them. Do you think companies would risk it if it didn't work? They want to bring in customers and make money. That is the ENTIRE point of commercials.

Lots of them are. But trying to argue that commercials are a reflection of the real world, or that they should be is ridiculous.

I remember there being a big backlash against an interracial family in some commercial a few years ago. Now there are more and more of them. Do you think companies would risk it if it didn't work? They want to bring in customers and make money. That is the ENTIRE point of commercials.
I think their sales will go down with these silly commercials, and I think some companies will continue doing them anyway. Not any intelligent company, but some.

Do you think companies would risk it if it didn't work?
Unfortunately that is true, but I think the current corporate read on the psyche of the nation is out of step. They have been influenced by the Hollywood narrative which holds a tremendous amount of power. I believe that power is beginning to decline--I know I am patronizing fewer of these woke businesses and the big three networks are hardly watched at all in our household.

Literally every single commercial features a black person right now (apparently BLM sent the rulebook to all advertisers) but all the featured blacks are well dressed, well spoken, articulate, often light skinned or half black.....
Anyhoo, why aren't any hood blacks featured in these ad campaigns...why are advertisers ashamed of 'real blacks'?

As I understand it, American TV commercials show us the ideal society that many well-meaning people hope lies down the road.

The biggest chuckle that I get is from those commercials advertising home security services. In every such commercial, the bad guy is represented by a Caucasian male.

Advertising agencies bring actors on board who they think can sell their product to do TV commercials..

The truth be told, most people of any race hired to do this kind of gig are usually well dressed , well spoken and intelligent, or at least can pretend to do so for 30 seconds in a convincing manner.
Who do they think will buy more of their products, unemployed black dregs or working white America?

Obviously they know that including blacks in commercials increase people buying their products or they wouldn't be doing it. I'm pretty sure they do more research for their customer demographic than people on this forum.

Obviously they know that including blacks in commercials increase people buying their products or they wouldn't be doing it. I'm pretty sure they do more research for their customer demographic than people on this forum.
I am sure they do more research, but perhaps being woke is of equal importance as increasing sales. And if the company in fact does increase sales to blacks, lets say, but decreases them to the larger population of people, how is that better for the company?

I FF commercials.
DVR baby
You're missing out....Advertisers are busting their asses trying to prove that blacks are the new whites...they'll only hire blacks who act white though.

Advertisers are busting their ass to get customers and make money. Nothing else.

And since you claim that there are more and more of these commercials, it must be working.
hahaha....More wokeology from you...Look, there's nothing organic or genuine about this push on society...there's a "Who can be the woke-est contest" going on right now, that's all...This contest has been demanded by Democraps, a bias corrupt media, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, the Google faggots, Bezos and Hollyweird elites....you're falling right in line, you've fully installed the PC programming...be proud, own it wokester.

Your question is disingenuous or you are being obtuse. If you watch the ads during the evening news or prime time, the make up of the populace is made out to be about 50-75% black when they comprise 13% of the population. Each ad also contains, in some way, a non-traditional family, i.e. two gay parents, mixed race unions, etc. I am not denying that these cases exist, but not in the number that they try to portray. White actors do not comprise the 63% of the ad that would reflect the actual demographic of the US. Does that make sense to you now or are you going to pretend that you don't understand again.

I understand completely. I also understand that Madison Avenue does not just hire actors at random. They do a lot of research before they make a commercial.

I tell you what they probably know. And that is that blacks are more likely to notice the inclusion of people of color in a commercial than the overwhelming majority of white people. I think what the OP doesn't realize is that the vast majority of white people don't care about what color the actor in a commercial might be.

As I understand it, American TV commercials show us the ideal society that many well-meaning people hope lies down the road.

The biggest chuckle that I get is from those commercials advertising home security services. In every such commercial, the bad guy is represented by a Caucasian male.
Weird huh....the Wall Street investor is black and the crook is white...a genuine depiction of reality.

I understand completely. I also understand that Madison Avenue does not just hire actors at random. They do a lot of research before they make a commercial.

I tell you what they probably know. And that is that blacks are more likely to notice the inclusion of people of color in a commercial than the overwhelming majority of white people. I think what the OP doesn't realize is that the vast majority of white people don't care about what color the actor in a commercial might be.
And on that point I think you are absolutely mistaken. I venture to say white people notice this change explicitly because we realize what is being done to us by the left.

I think their sales will go down with these silly commercials, and I think some companies will continue doing them anyway. Not any intelligent company, but some.

I think you do not understand how advertising works. If a commercial does not produce results, no company is going to spend tens of thousands of dollars (in some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars) to continue to make more of them.

As I said, the vast majority of people watching tv obviously don't care.

I am sure they do more research, but perhaps being woke is of equal importance as increasing sales. And if the company in fact does increase sales to blacks, lets say, but decreases them to the larger population of people, how is that better for the company?

I don't believe there is actually a decrease in sales to white people.

I think you do not understand how advertising works. If a commercial does not produce results, no company is going to spend tens of thousands of dollars (in some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars) to continue to make more of them.

And again, I think the vast majority of people who normally buy the product and may not anymore.....notice it very distinctly. I don't need to know anything about advertising for that fact.

Well there was to one.

I FF commercials.
DVR baby
You're missing out....Advertisers are busting their asses trying to prove that blacks are the new whites...they'll only hire blacks who act white though.

Advertisers are busting their ass to get customers and make money. Nothing else.

And since you claim that there are more and more of these commercials, it must be working.
hahaha....More wokeology from you...Look, there's nothing organic or genuine about this push on society...there's a "Who can be the woke-est contest" going on right now, that's all...This contest has been demanded by Democraps, a bias corrupt media, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, the Google faggots, Bezos and Hollyweird elites....you're falling right in line, you've fully installed the PC programming...be proud, own it wokester.

LMAO!! You are the one watching the commercials. I killed cable back in 2013. All we have is various streaming services.

But I do enjoy you arguing that the advertising is a sign of my being "woke" and not of the advertisers making more money for their clients. If it was just some rare phenomenon, it would be one thing. But from what you say it is more and more common.

And again, I think the vast majority of people who normally buy the product and may not anymore.....notice it very distinctly. I don't need to know anything about advertising for that fact.

And if people stop buying the product when that commercial comes out, the company and the advertisers would stop doing it. They don't want to waste all that money unless there are positive results.

Well there was to one.

So if they add a dozen black professionals as customers, they come out ahead.

And if people stop buying the product when that commercial comes out, the company and the advertisers would stop doing it. They don't want to waste all that money unless there are positive results.
Maybe its too early to tell. Anyway, I only stream now too and get hundreds of commercials, almost worse than before.

Depends on the product/service be sold and the marketing plan of the company in question.

The Pontiac g6 was marketed to ghetto dwellers, blacks are the largest consumers of watermelons, malt liquor, payday lending outfits and newports as well.

Know your product, know your target audience.

Forum List

Back