Are Republicans lying? Or they just don't know?

Christian science

jesus-dinosaur.jpg

rdean, you're the funniest poster at USMB!

Here's the rdean flowchart.

1. Post an article about any topic
2. Mention how Republicans hate science
3. No, that's it. Seriously

They don't hate it. They just don't believe it's "real".

Actually, Republicans don't like science. Why? Because it messes with their creation myth.

Democrats are more likely to believe that Jesus will return by 2050 than Republicans, yet some people insist that Republicans are more religious. Isn't it a shame that the real world gets in the way of your fantasies?

Actually, Republicans don't like science. Why? Because it messes with their creation myth.

Democrats are more likely to believe that Jesus will return by 2050 than Republicans, yet some people insist that Republicans are more religious. Isn't it a shame that the real world gets in the way of your fantasies?

Wong answer Quadrangle Dirtbag. It's the GOP that thinks Yeshua is coming back, and they think it's in 2012.

Why else do you think they call Obama the anti-Christ?

Wong answer Quadrangle Dirtbag. It's the GOP that thinks Yeshua is coming back, and they think it's in 2012.

I get it.

I make a statement that totally knocks your assumptions out of the ballpark, so I must be lying. Does that make you feel more secure? Do you need a security blanket, like Linux does, or can you actually accept the facts?

According to the poll, 26% of Democrats believe that the Second Coming “will definitely” happen within the next four decades. In comparison 19% of Republicans believe this. Among those who think Jesus will probably return to earth in 40 years, there are more GOPers than Democrats. Just under a quarter (24%) of Republicans believe this will happen compared to 18% of Democrats who predict this. Independents are least likely compared to members of both parties to believe in Jesus’ imminent return.
By the way, the partisan breakdown on this question was not in the general report on the Center’s website. The info above was emailed to me in response to a question I had after spotting an item by New York Times columnist Charles Blow on a group that is rarely mentioned in by America’s journalists, the religious left:
According to a Gallup report issued last Friday, church attendance among blacks is exactly the same as among conservatives and among Republicans. Hispanics closely follow. Furthermore, a February Gallup report found that blacks and Hispanics, respectively, were the most likely to say that religion was an important part of their daily lives. In fact, on the Jesus question, nonwhite Democrats were roughly twice as likely as white Democrats to believe that He would return to earth by 2050.
Add to this the fact that, according to the 2009 Gallup report, 20 percent of the Democratic Party is composed of highly religious whites who attend church once a week or more, and you quickly stop second-guessing the Second Coming numbers.
Welcome to the Religious Left, which will continue to grow as the percentage of minorities in the country and in the party grows.
People often ask whether the Republican Party will have to move to the left to remain viable. However, the question rarely asked is whether the growing religiosity on the left will push the Democrats toward the right.​

One-fourth of Democrats think Jesus will ?definitely return? in 40 years | Washington Examiner

Unfortunately for your deluded mind, I didn't make it up.

BTW, in case you, like most liberals, have trouble with math, those figures mean that 50% of Democrats believe that Jesus will either definitely or probably return by 2050, yet only 45% of Republicans believe the same thing. the left is more religious than the right.

The people who say that repubs are more religious are repubs. And ABS spoke about creationism, not resurrection. Most christians believe in Christs' return.

I get it.

I make a statement that totally knocks your assumptions out of the ballpark, so I must be lying. Does that make you feel more secure? Do you need a security blanket, like Linux does, or can you actually accept the facts?

According to the poll, 26% of Democrats believe that the Second Coming “will definitely” happen within the next four decades. In comparison 19% of Republicans believe this. Among those who think Jesus will probably return to earth in 40 years, there are more GOPers than Democrats. Just under a quarter (24%) of Republicans believe this will happen compared to 18% of Democrats who predict this. Independents are least likely compared to members of both parties to believe in Jesus’ imminent return.
By the way, the partisan breakdown on this question was not in the general report on the Center’s website. The info above was emailed to me in response to a question I had after spotting an item by New York Times columnist Charles Blow on a group that is rarely mentioned in by America’s journalists, the religious left:
According to a Gallup report issued last Friday, church attendance among blacks is exactly the same as among conservatives and among Republicans. Hispanics closely follow. Furthermore, a February Gallup report found that blacks and Hispanics, respectively, were the most likely to say that religion was an important part of their daily lives. In fact, on the Jesus question, nonwhite Democrats were roughly twice as likely as white Democrats to believe that He would return to earth by 2050.
Add to this the fact that, according to the 2009 Gallup report, 20 percent of the Democratic Party is composed of highly religious whites who attend church once a week or more, and you quickly stop second-guessing the Second Coming numbers.
Welcome to the Religious Left, which will continue to grow as the percentage of minorities in the country and in the party grows.
People often ask whether the Republican Party will have to move to the left to remain viable. However, the question rarely asked is whether the growing religiosity on the left will push the Democrats toward the right.​

One-fourth of Democrats think Jesus will ?definitely return? in 40 years | Washington Examiner

BTW, in case you, like most liberals, have trouble with math, those figures mean that 50% of Democrats believe that Jesus will either definitely or probably return by 2050, yet only 45% of Republicans believe the same thing. the left is more religious than the right.

In wingnut world, the true test of faith is whether or not you think Christ will return by 2050

In the real world, everyone who accepts Christ is considered a christian

I get it.

Now this is truly hilarious. No seriously, hilarious.

First, you quote an "opinion" from a right wing blog. Now this is where it get's hilarious.

The blog quotes "PEW", the same group that says only 6% of scientists are Republican.

So let's look at a few of their other surveys:

Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions

What factors seem to contribute to religious knowledge? Data from the survey indicate that educational attainment -- how much schooling an individual has completed -- is the single best predictor of religious knowledge.

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey - Pew Research Center

But let's don't stop there:

More Americans continue to view the Republican Party as friendly toward religion (48%) than rate the Democratic Party that way (29%).

GOP Seen as Friendlier to Religion than Democrats - Pew Research Center

The people who say that repubs are more religious are repubs. And ABS spoke about creationism, not resurrection. Most christians believe in Christs' return.

Creation is fantasy, but resurrection is science.

:confused:

Do you think that makes sense?

Creation is fantasy, but resurrection is science.

:confused:

Do you think that makes sense?

Nothing you say makes sense

I get it.

In wingnut world, the true test of faith is whether or not you think Christ will return by 2050

I did not know I was speaking to God. Last time I read the Bible He is the final arbitrator on who is, and who is not, a Christian.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Gee, it seems that accepting Jesus, and even preforming miracles in his Name, does not make you a Christian. Try not to talk about things you are completely ignorant about in the future, it will be less painful to your ego.

I get it.

I did not know I was speaking to God. Last time I read the Bible He is the final arbitrator on who is, and who is not, a Christian.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Gee, it seems that accepting Jesus, and even preforming miracles in his Name, does not make you a Christian. Try not to talk about things you are completely ignorant about in the future, it will be less painful to your ego.

Another stupid christian who doesn't understand his own faith

Everyone who accepts Jesus is a christian, but that doesn't mean they are going to heaven. Just as you confused creationism with Christs' return, you are now confusing being a christian with going to heaven.

Your quote clearly discusses who will get into heaven, not who is a christian.:cuckoo:

I get it.

First, you quote an "opinion" from a right wing blog. Now this is where it get's hilarious.

The blog quotes "PEW", the same group that says only 6% of scientists are Republican.

Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions

What factors seem to contribute to religious knowledge? Data from the survey indicate that educational attainment -- how much schooling an individual has completed -- is the single best predictor of religious knowledge.

More Americans continue to view the Republican Party as friendly toward religion (48%) than rate the Democratic Party that way (29%).

:rofl:

You seem to have a short memory. you challenged me on this once before, and I linked you directly to the survey.

Religion in American Culture -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Would you actually prefer an article from the New York Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/opinion/03blow.html?_r=1&src=mv

You like to say I never link to proof, yet I always do.

Unlike your survey, which is asking about perceptions, the one I link to is talking about what a person believes.

Enjoy another serving of crow.

I get it.

Public Sees a Future Full of Promise and Peril: Section 3: War, Terrorism and Global Trends - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

On a very different subject, the public is divided over whether Jesus Christ will return to earth by 2050. About four-in-ten (41%) expect Jesus Christ to return while slightly more (46%) say this will definitely or probably not happen. Opinions about the return of Jesus Christ are little changed from 1999 when 44% said it would definitely or probably happen.

As expected, predictions about whether Jesus Christ will return to earth in the next 40 years divide along religious lines. Fully 58% of white evangelical Christians say Jesus Christ will definitely or probably return to earth in this period, by far the highest percentage in any religious group. Only about a third of Catholics (32%), and even fewer white mainline Protestants (27%) and the religiously unaffiliated (20%) predict Jesus Christ’s return to earth.

------------------

58% of White Fundagelicals. Wanna bet every single one of them are Republican?

I've seen you print your bullshit before, but you NEVER really add a link PROVING it. Why is that?

Now read this. This really and truly is hilarious:

While the American public becomes more racially and ethnically diverse, the Republican Party continues to lag far behind in drawing support from minority groups. According to Census figures, the share of adults who are white, non-Hispanic has fallen from roughly 73% in 2000 to an estimated 68% in 2009, while minorities make up the other 32% of the nation’s adults. Yet few of these minorities are drawn to the Republican Party. In 2009, 88% of Republicans are white, unchanged from 2000 and far above the national total. By comparison, the share of Democrats who are white has fallen from 64% in 2000 to 56% today. The rest of the Democrats are non-Hispanic African Americans (22%), Hispanic (15%) or of another racial minority (6%).

Independents Take Center Stage in Obama Era: Section 3: Business, Wall Street and Labor - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Democrats and independents also are less likely than Republicans to express agreement with traditional religious beliefs, though solid majorities of both groups do so.

The Democratic Party is much more racially diverse than the Republican Party, and this diversity affects the overall levels of religiosity expressed by Democrats.

Very few Republicans (17%) favor same-sex marriage; 77% of Republicans are opposed. Democrats are more divided on the question, with half (50%) in favor and 41% opposed.

Another stupid christian who doesn't understand his own faith

Everyone who accepts Jesus is a christian, but that doesn't mean they are going to heaven. Just as you confused creationism with Christs' return, you are now confusing being a christian with going to heaven.

Your quote clearly discusses who will get into heaven, not who is a christian.:cuckoo:

That is hilarious. What makes you think you know about what I believe than I do? Can you read minds? If not, anything you say about what I believe is based on nothing but guesswork.

Christian means follower of Christ, not accepting him, whatever you think that means. You do not get to define the criteria of being a Christian, or a Muslim, or even of a Democrat. Your grasp of theology is not even as solid as your grasp of abiogenesis.

I get it.

You seem to have a short memory. you challenged me on this once before, and I linked you directly to the survey.

Unlike your survey, which is asking about perceptions, the one I link to is talking about what a person believes.

And once again, the wingnut confuses creationism with resurrection.

I get it.

What you keep saying is that only 43% of Republicans believe a magical Jesus will float down to earth. And I keep saying you wrong, wrong, wrong. If I had to guess, I would say at least 65% and probably way more.

The Democratic Party also has atheist, Hindu, Muslim and people of other religions. I just don't get where you think their are more Jesus freaks in the Democratic Party than in the Republican Party and the only place you proved your case is in your tiny mind.

Forum List

Back