Are Stamps Nearly Dead?

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2014
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
BATMAN-STAMP-03.jpg

I pay every bill I have with bank account auto-pay or via automatic Visa charge; every bill but one: my mortgage payment. It's just a sentimental throwback. I reckon I do it because I've always been fascinated with stamps, and paying my mortgage payment with a check, an envelope, and a stamp, gives me the opportunity to buy a cool sheet of new stamps at the post office a couple of times a year.

I paid this month's mortgage payment with one of the new Batman stamps, an 8 design series on a sheet of 20 stamps. They're really cool. I may buy another sheet just to keep. But you want to hear something stupid? I drive eight miles into town to go to the post office to mail my mortgage payment to the bank that's two buildings down from the post office. Hey, I told you it was a sentimental throwback.

I paid this month's mortgage payment with one of the new Batman stamps, an 8 design series on a sheet of 20 stamps. They're really cool. I may buy another sheet just to keep. But you want to hear something stupid? I drive eight miles into town to go to the post office to mail my mortgage payment to the bank that's two buildings down from the post office. Hey, I told you it was a sentimental throwback.

Actually I heard something stupid when you posted that there's such a thing as a "Batman stamp".

Actually I heard something stupid when you posted that there's such a thing as a "Batman stamp".

Sniffing glue tonight?

The new set is first on left, top row.

batman stamps 2014 - Google Search

Um... I didn't mean you're stupid for posting that there's a Batman stamp. I meant the fact that somebody put out a Batman stamp is stupid.

Then again the city I was born in has a statue of an entirely ficticious character on its Art Museum steps. We live in a world where fantasy is indistinguishable from reality.

In 2012 100 million taxpayers still filed their federal income tax forms via paper. And the federal government makes you pay for the postage. That's a demand for stamps that will still be around for a while.

In 2012 100 million taxpayers still filed their federal income tax forms via paper. And the federal government makes you pay for the postage. That's a demand for stamps that will still be around for a while.

Yeah I'm one of them. Wouldn't dream of filing info like that online, and what happened in South Carolina is exactly why.

Forum List

Back