Are the nation's welfare laws to be extended to the Oscars?!?!?!?!?

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
No, George Clooney, the Oscars aren’t racist

No blacks were nominated for acting Oscars this year, or last year. But the membership of the AMPAS doesn’t change much from year to year. Is Clooney saying that the same people who were not racist when they gave the Best Picture Oscar to “12 Years a Slave” turned racist 10 months later for some reason when they “snubbed” Ava DuVernay by not nominating her for Best Director for “Selma”?

Actually, I believe that Jada Pinkett Smith and her homies are claiming that a certain amount of Oscars ought to be set aside for blacks whether they are meritorious or not. For shame.

Jeremy Larner, a member of the writers branch — which did nominate Compton's (white) writers for best original screenplay — was a civil rights activist in the 1960s and won an Oscar for 1972's The Candidate. "I cannot prove the Academy or anyone else is not racist," he grants. But, he says in his own defense, "I have voted for many people of color for awards." He adds, "I happen to think Straight Outta Compton is not a great film for reasons of structure and substance. I can imagine it is a powerful affirmation for those who share the assumptions of its music and see it as fans. But to me, a good film has to show a lot more than this one does."

Under the freedom of information act------I INSIST on knowing how many of
the OSCAR winners are LEFT-HANDED

The bottom line? I understand being pissed off that one's favorites were not Oscar-nominated — but I genuinely don't believe that racism was the driving reason for any of this year’s exclusions. And, if it's any consolation, Jordan, Smith, Elba and the folks from Compton are in pretty good company: also denied noms that many expected them to get were Sir Ridley Scott (who got bounced by Room's Lenny Abrahamson, a guy most Academy members still haven't heard of), Helen Mirren, Johnny Depp, Quentin Tarantino, Benicio Del Toro, Michael Keaton, Aaron Sorkin and Kristen Stewart.

oscars-750x400.jpg

It’s hard to imagine a racist Academy would have recently awarded Jamie Foxx, Forest Whittaker, Denzel Washington, and Halle Berry, among others. But this year, thanks to the displeasure of celebrities like Smith and Spike Lee, the hashtag #OscarsSoWhite has exploded, painting the Oscars as a racist event

Last edited:
the Oscars and Affirmative Action

I'm a little bit lost on the Hollywood-Oscars / Affirmative-Action brouhaha…
-If most Hollywood types usually support AA, why don't they practice/demand it for the Oscars?

-Why are the BET awards socially acceptable at any level?

-If most Hollywood types are liberal, they couldn't possibly discriminate. So, why the worries?

-For those who feel excluded as potential recipients/nominees for an Oscar because of race: can't they see the damage done to them and others by the sort of complaining that would lead to artificial, race-based inclusion?

No, George Clooney, the Oscars aren’t racist

No blacks were nominated for acting Oscars this year, or last year. But the membership of the AMPAS doesn’t change much from year to year. Is Clooney saying that the same people who were not racist when they gave the Best Picture Oscar to “12 Years a Slave” turned racist 10 months later for some reason when they “snubbed” Ava DuVernay by not nominating her for Best Director for “Selma”?

Actually, I believe that Jada Pinkett Smith and her homies are claiming that a certain amount of Oscars ought to be set aside for blacks whether they are meritorious or not. For shame.
Blacks are the most racist group in America, and so pandered to by White liberals, that the thought of them being racist, doesn't even enter their thick skulls. The BLM idiots walk around complaining of oppression and discrimination, when they are being discriminated IN FAVOR OF, at the expense of whites, in affirmative action.

Micheal Caine said it very well to the Black bitch artists. "Be patient, it took me years to get an oscar." And what one of them is a better actor than Caine ? Trouble with many blacks today is they EXPECT everything to be handed to them instantaneously. And some of them are lousy actors.

Forum List

Back