Let's talk about the oft repeated phrase "a threat to democracy" we believe trump presents.

I’m sorry, I know you guys are all trying to spin this, but there’s really no comparison between a candidate dropping out of the race and their opponent illegally conspiring with their political allies to toss out citizen’s votes.

It’s just absurd on its face.
You will say that even if the DNC convinces Biden's delegates to switch their votes?

An almost uninimous number of delegates to the convention are committed to Biden. Unless he preemptively releases them, they may not vote for anyone else, at least on the first ballot.

Accordingly, only President Biden can facilitate the nomination of anyone else.

To refresh everyone's recollection, the reason why Biden was nominated in 2020 was because the Democrats had absolutely nobody else with a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election. He was, in effect, drafted out of desperation.

That dearth of credible Democrats remains in place.

You will say that even if the DNC convinces Biden's delegates to switch their votes?
Biden’s delegates can’t switch their vote unless Biden decides to leave the race. I’m one of those people that think he should.

Calling it disenfranchisement is silly.

Biden’s delegates can’t switch their vote unless Biden decides to leave the race. I’m one of those people that think he should.

Calling it disenfranchisement is silly.
Yes, they can. Biden agrees with me.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden said Thursday that his pledged delegates could vote their conscience — and he’s right, party rules say they can do just that. But historical precedent, as well as the delegate selection process, make it likely that the vast majority will stick with him anyway.

Biden said during his NATO press conference that delegates are “free to do whatever they want” at the Democratic National Convention, including nominate a different candidate. Shortly after, he mock-whispered into the microphone, “It’s not going to happen.”

On both counts, Biden’s assessment is likely accurate: DNC rules do technically leave room for “good conscience” to drive delegate decisions, yet they rarely abandon their pledged candidate. The vetting process for delegates also makes it unlikely that many would break from Biden unless he dropped out.

I know you don't want to admit it, so let's talk about you being one of the people that think Biden should step aside and release his delegates. Can you articulate why?

In particular, is it because he is too mentally incapable to win the election or because of the perception that he is mentally incapable?

An almost uninimous number of delegates to the convention are committed to Biden. Unless he preemptively releases them, they may not vote for anyone else, at least on the first ballot.

Accordingly, only President Biden can facilitate the nomination of anyone else.

To refresh everyone's recollection, the reason why Biden was nominated in 2020 was because the Democrats had absolutely nobody else with a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election. He was, in effect, drafted out of desperation.

That dearth of credible Democrats remains in place.
Untrue for the reason I explained above, with references.

Even if there was a current rule that delegates must vote as their voters chose, the same delegates would be able to vote to change that rule before voting on the presidential nominee.

Forum List

Back