Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

Sure but we live in a logical universe where every cause had an effect. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that people - or person - who do the right thing, the right way for the right reason will be happier and as a result more successful than those that don't.
that would be nice----but people are not rolling steel balls on an
air table----think CHAOS THEORY.....~~~~ nope---even that does
not seem to apply

that would be nice----but people are not rolling steel balls on an
air table----think CHAOS THEORY.....~~~~ nope---even that does
not seem to apply
Good coming from bad is logical. Don't let the complexities of life get in the way of seeing it.

Good coming from bad is logical. Don't let the complexities of life get in the way of seeing it.
God made a huge mistake----remember the word "CHOICE" << it is a very important concept in the writing called GENESIS. --be happy--you can blame it on DA JOOOOOS. Muslims didn't do it---Muslims don't
have it. All muslims have is "THE WILL OF ALLAH"

Fair enough, but fair enough for me is:

there's more to each of those points then what you just said!

Right. The issue is what exactly, in any particular situation, is behavior leading to success? And is “success” for the individual desirable from an objective, social or moral point of view?

All of us know, for example, Donald Trump demonstrated that completely objectionable behavior — at least according to previous norms in a campaign for President — led to great “success” in 2016. “Teflon Don” demonstrated that the normal rules simply didn’t apply to him.

He is now doubling down on his self-serving, divisive behavior, acting as a suffering prophet and hero, hoping this will save his ass in 2024.

Any normal person who acted as he has in any ordinary line of business would find himself ostracized or fired. Or already in jail. But for Trump, acting like a moron, a creep and a bore and committing political crimes has led him … to take over the Republican Party!

Indeed, a good part of our country, especially religious fanatics and otherwise morbidly gullible types, swear Donald Trump is “sent by God” to “save us.”

Is Trump a successful “prophet” following behavior that leads to worldly and unworldly success?

Last edited:
God made a huge mistake----remember the word "CHOICE" << it is a very important concept in the writing called GENESIS. --be happy--you can blame it on DA JOOOOOS. Muslims didn't do it---Muslims don't
have it. All muslims have is "THE WILL OF ALLAH"
There are no mistakes. Just consequences which shape our experiences and future.

you returned to the steel balls rolling on the air table
Bad things happening to good people who do the right things the right way doesn't negate the rule if that's what you are trying to get at. Like I said, it's statistical in nature. But if it happens to them there are still lessons to learn. Just as your people's history chronicled. But not in an overt way. A more subtle nuanced way. So it's possible you might have missed that.

People who need to see success and failure as products of random luck are usually the people who have an external locus of control.

Bad things happening to good people who do the right things the right way doesn't negate the rule if that's what you are trying to get at. Like I said, it's statistical in nature. But if it happens to them there are still lessons to learn. Just as your people's history chronicled. But not in an overt way. A more subtle nuanced way. So it's possible you might have missed that.
OH gee--that's DA LAST STRAW-----never before has anyone accused me
of lacking NUANCE.........I is chock full of nuance---I am FULLY NUANCED

People who need to see success and failure as products of random luck are usually the people who have an external locus of control.
how does one get his hands on that... EXTERNAL LOCUS OF CONTROL?

how do they test for it?
It's called motivational based interviewing. They ask open ended questions about your work experience on projects that didn't go right. They are looking to see if you blame someone else for the failure or more technically speaking... if you transferred your control to an external source.

It's called motivational based interviewing. They ask open ended questions about your work experience on projects that didn't go right. They are looking to see if you blame someone else for the failure or more technically speaking... if you transferred your control to an external source.
Oh---thanks----too late----I am retired---it's all external now----
uhm----I tripped on a skate board that some kid left ---uhm --
so my house is a mess because my foot still hurts---and.....

If Moohammad is the "last prophet",

what happens to Islam with the revival of Prophecy?

sunni1.jpg

I don't put much stock in prophecy .. most of it was written after the fact .. Fortunetellers could predict the lottery numbers.

Any normal person who acted as he has in any ordinary line of business would find himself ostracized or fired. Or already in jail. But for Trump, acting like a moron, a creep and a bore and committing political crimes has led him … to take over the Republican Party!

nixon - ford - reagan - bush - bush ... trump has had a few predecessors before him and the republican party.

haley - christy - desantis ... their future prosperity. not to mention the freedom caucus and sundry republican senators.

Right. The issue is what exactly, in any particular situation, is behavior leading to success? And is “success” for the individual desirable from an objective, social or moral point of view?
Success is defined as producing the desired result.

All of us know, for example, Donald Trump demonstrated that completely objectionable behavior — at least according to previous norms in a campaign for President — led to great “success” in 2016. “Teflon Don” demonstrated that the normal rules simply didn’t apply to him.

He is now doubling down on his self-serving, divisive behavior, acting as a suffering prophet and hero, hoping this will save his ass in 2024.

Indeed, a good part of our country, especially religious fanatics and otherwise morbidly gullible types, swear Donald Trump is “sent by God” to “save us.”
I'm not sure I would be using Donald Trump or any other person - whether good or bad - to test this concept. But if I were, would you say Donald was successful? He didn't get re-elected. He's been impeached. Twice. And is currently under multiple felony indictments.

So if you will set down your straw man, it's pretty self evident that people's behaviors affects their "production." Like I was telling another poster, large companies test new hires to see if they are a producer or not. I'm really surprised that you don't believe that people's behaviors affects their outcomes. I'm also surprised you held up Trump as an example of someone who you consider successful.

Forum List

Back