Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

That would just be a tautology that makes peope laugh.
Every coin has two sides but there is only one coin. That's not tautology, that's reality.

But I think you missed the point. You are the sum of your choices. Choosing well leads to happiness. Choosing poorly leads to anger.

Every coin has two sides but there is only one coin. That's not tautology, that's reality.

But I think you missed the point. You are the sum of your choices. Choosing well leads to happiness. Choosing poorly leads to anger.
Every coin has two sides, but they end, and the truth can be spoken on both sides forever.

How so? Can you provide an example?
Take the Republican and Democrat party. They are two sides to a coin, but that coin has no edges. You can talk about them forever as evidenced by message boards.

Take the Republican and Democrat party. They are two sides to a coin, but that coin has no edges. You can talk about them forever as evidenced by message boards.
How about the part where you said truth can be spoken on both sides forever?

How about the part where you said truth can be spoken on both sides forever?
I didn't mean you should speak out of both sides of your mouth.

I meant one person can say A and another person can say B.

If A contradicts B one person shouldn't say both of them.

I didn't mean you should speak out of both sides of your mouth.

I meant one person can say A and another person can say B.

If A contradicts B one person shouldn't say both of them.
Right. So saying successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure - which should be self evident to everyone - are the two sides of the coin called success. One side leads to success and the other side leads to absence of success or failure. Neither side contradict the other side but are two different ways of looking at the same coin.

How about if I prophesized that successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure?
Then — I’m guessing here — you would be either playing games and trying to satirize a false view of Darwin’s understanding of the relation between morality and human / animal evolution and “survival of the fittest,” or making a tautological joke.

But either way, “prophecy” to you probably has religious significance, whereas I’m not talking of that kind of “prophecy” at all.

Right. So saying successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure - which should be self evident to everyone - are the two sides of the coin called success. One side leads to success and the other side leads to absence of success or failure. Neither side contradict the other side but are two different ways of looking at the same coin.
Fair enough, but fair enough for me is:

there's more to each of those points then what you just said!

Then — I’m guessing here — you would be either playing games and trying to satirize a false view of Darwin’s understanding of the relation between morality and human / animal evolution and “survival of the fittest,” or making a tautological joke.

But either way, “prophecy” to you probably has religious significance, whereas I’m not talking of that kind of “prophecy” at all.
I think it is a self evident truth. It's statistical in nature and logical. My point is any statement like that, if true, is a prophecy of sorts. And quite often was the point of the prophets.

Hamas isn't Islam.
Oh---well HISTORICALLY---the people eager to kills jews over the past 500
years have been muslims and christians----so HAMAS must be CHRISTIAN---
probably Anglican/Episcopalian. Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Zoroastrians etc
etc would NOT HAVE PULLED OFF AN OCT. 7

Fair enough, but fair enough for me is:

there's more to each of those points then what you just said!
Sure but we live in a logical universe where every cause had an effect. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that people - or persons - who do the right thing, the right way for the right reason will be happier and as a result more successful than those that don't.

Forum List

Back