Are We Alone?

The reasons for them coming here would probably not be good for us.
Possibly. But I see that even we understand conservation of species in which we are curious. A civilization so advanced as to be able to travel that far may also have discovered these ethical and moral ideas.
Of course that is possible. But without having any idea of what is actually out in the galaxy, we are only guessing. It would be great if super advanced aliens wanted to help us for no reason other then to help us.

But all civilized beings will have some societal structures that are common to others. Like a ruling class, a science class, etc. We do not have any idea if any advanced race exists, or if advanced races are common place and we, being unable to venture out, cannot see them.

That being said the possibilities are endless. They could appear and help us because they want to lift us to their level to help mankind. Or, they could be involved in a galactic power struggle with two or more advanced species and when they expanded to here, because we are close to their enemies in the Davaroni sector, the Davaroni's could swoop down on us to claim our planet as a forward operation base to keep the other ones from encroaching on them.

And conscript a bunch of us as workers with all the ramifications that would have.
I think a race capable of space travel would not be interested in us (except maybe for scientific study or an interstellar, reality-TV show) or our planet. If they can live in space they'd likely prefer space to our gravity well.

Possibly. But I see that even we understand conservation of species in which we are curious. A civilization so advanced as to be able to travel that far may also have discovered these ethical and moral ideas.
Of course that is possible. But without having any idea of what is actually out in the galaxy, we are only guessing. It would be great if super advanced aliens wanted to help us for no reason other then to help us.

But all civilized beings will have some societal structures that are common to others. Like a ruling class, a science class, etc. We do not have any idea if any advanced race exists, or if advanced races are common place and we, being unable to venture out, cannot see them.

That being said the possibilities are endless. They could appear and help us because they want to lift us to their level to help mankind. Or, they could be involved in a galactic power struggle with two or more advanced species and when they expanded to here, because we are close to their enemies in the Davaroni sector, the Davaroni's could swoop down on us to claim our planet as a forward operation base to keep the other ones from encroaching on them.

And conscript a bunch of us as workers with all the ramifications that would have.
I think a race capable of space travel would not be interested in us (except maybe for scientific study or an interstellar, reality-TV show) or our planet. If they can live in space they'd likely prefer space to our gravity well.
They would have to have some form of gravity. Continued weightlessness will be fatal.

They would have to have some form of gravity. Continued weightlessness will be fatal.
You mean WE would have to have some form of gravity. They will likely be VERY different from us.

You mean WE would have to have some form of gravity. They will likely be VERY different from us.
No I mean just what I said. Unless they are non corporeal then all bets are off.

I'm sure they were NOT alien craft, just unidentified flying objects.
Gotcha. So, the fact that you couldnt even guess what the "object"was tells me that you dont even know what you saw,exactly. Right? No guesses on the materials, or size?
You're right, I don't know what I saw. The flaming ball might have been an meteor but I doubt it since it was pretty big and visible but never reported in the news. As to the second, I do know what I didn't see: a plane, a helicopter, or a manned balloon.

In this case, I have to go with Fort Fun Indiana but would not explain it in the way he does. If you did see an alien or UFO near Earth, then it has to be verified by other observers. If hundreds of people saw it in one area, then another hundreds of people saw it another area, then it probably would be evidence for an UFO. This could be enough for the military to respond and send their aircraft up there to confirm and even shoot it down if they think it is dangerous to their country. Video recordings of the same phenomena would qualify, too, especially if more than one person records it. The news would put footage on if it looks out of the ordinary like you described.

https://www.history.com/news/ufos-washington-dc-news-reports

ufocapitol1952a.jpg

You were saying?

No I mean just what I said. Unless they are non corporeal then all bets are off.
We can manipulate our DNA, we can build (semi) intelligent machines, why do you think a space faring race couldn't do much more? They may not be biological they may not even be solid, liquid, or gas but some more exotic form of matter or energy.

We can manipulate our DNA, we can build (semi) intelligent machines, why do you think a space faring race couldn't do much more? They may not be biological they may not even be solid, liquid, or gas but some more exotic form of matter or energy.
Then WTF would they want with us?

Gotcha. So, the fact that you couldnt even guess what the "object"was tells me that you dont even know what you saw,exactly. Right? No guesses on the materials, or size?
You're right, I don't know what I saw. The flaming ball might have been an meteor but I doubt it since it was pretty big and visible but never reported in the news. As to the second, I do know what I didn't see: a plane, a helicopter, or a manned balloon.

In this case, I have to go with Fort Fun Indiana but would not explain it in the way he does. If you did see an alien or UFO near Earth, then it has to be verified by other observers. If hundreds of people saw it in one area, then another hundreds of people saw it another area, then it probably would be evidence for an UFO. This could be enough for the military to respond and send their aircraft up there to confirm and even shoot it down if they think it is dangerous to their country. Video recordings of the same phenomena would qualify, too, especially if more than one person records it. The news would put footage on if it looks out of the ordinary like you described.

ufocapitol1952a.jpg

You were saying?
Looks fake.

ufocapitol1952a.jpg

You were saying?
Looks fake.
ufocapitol1952a.jpg

No proof. We don't have the technology......YET !Hell when I was a kid it was AM radio and a magnifier in front of BLACK AND WHITE tv ( HEATED THE WHOLE HOUSE)

Her friend was identifically "fooled."
Its also a well known phenomenon that peole can influence each other's memories of an event.

When a bank is robbed, the employees are trained ahead of time not to speak to each other about the important obervations of the event until after they have been interviewed by the authorities. Law enforcement officials ask that they not do this so that they dont affect each others recollection of what they saw. If they do talk to each other, they often then all present the same, WRONG recollections of the suspect and the events. And that adversely affects the ensuing investigation.
You seem quite invested in convincing us that no one has actually seen a UFO. Just say you don't think they exist and be done with it. Leave the rest of us alone who know better.

You seem quite invested in convincing us that no one has actually seen a UFO.
Actually, I'm trying to convince you that you saw a UFO. Keep in mind what the "U" stands for...

And your personal comments can be turned back around on you and are quite irrelevant. If you dont want discussion of your claims, i suggest you dont post them on a public forum.

Furthermore: if you are a rational, mature adult, you will consider the ideas i have presented.

"People who know better"

Sure. Just like people "knew" they saw flying chariots, or flying serpents, or Jesus in a piece of toast...

I think aliens are already here on Earth but I doubt they travel by rockets or saucers, way too slow.

Haha. If you keep telling that to people, then they would eventually lock you up. Here's what Carl Sagan said about UFOs. I used to believe in them like I believed in evolution, but no more.

Then WTF would they want with us?
What do we want with ants or music? We study them and there is an entertainment component. The new and strange always has a certain interest. Maybe they will allow us to join with them.

I think aliens are already here on Earth but I doubt they travel by rockets or saucers, way too slow.

Haha. If you keep telling that to people, then they would eventually lock you up. Here's what Carl Sagan said about UFOs. I used to believe in them like I believed in evolution, but no more.
Aliens are like God, you can't prove they don't exist. But I do believe there is a small but non-zero chance they are here. Maybe they've always been here. Maybe they are what we refer to as God and God is not supernatural.

Here's a scenario (feel free to laugh): Aliens have long ago left their biology behind and build themselves directly out of quarks or atoms. They would be small, small enough that millions of them could live inside us. They could document our thoughts and lives. The ultimate reality show. They might be inside every one of us, meaning there are far more of them than of us. When we die they would transfer our 'soul' into their form and we become them. If they've been doing this since man became man we'd be able to talk to every human who ever lived, Moses, Alexander the Great, etc. Now that would be heaven.

You can lock me up but you can't prove I'm wrong.

You seem quite invested in convincing us that no one has actually seen a UFO.
Actually, I'm trying to convince you that you saw a UFO. Keep in mind what the "U" stands for...

And your personal comments can be turned back around on you and are quite irrelevant. If you dont want discussion of your claims, i suggest you dont post them on a public forum.

Furthermore: if you are a rational, mature adult, you will consider the ideas i have presented.

"People who know better"

Sure. Just like people "knew" they saw flying chariots, or flying serpents, or Jesus in a piece of toast...
I didn't see anything. A friend did and I believe her. I already told you that I agree with you many mysterious things end up being identified eventually and have a logical explanation not involving aliens.

You are not entertaining the notion that not everything can be explained.

Forum List

Back