Are We Alone?

I think aliens are already here on Earth but I doubt they travel by rockets or saucers, way too slow.

Haha. If you keep telling that to people, then they would eventually lock you up. Here's what Carl Sagan said about UFOs. I used to believe in them like I believed in evolution, but no more.
Aliens are like God, you can't prove they don't exist. But I do believe there is a small but non-zero chance they are here. Maybe they've always been here. Maybe they are what we refer to as God and God is not supernatural.

Here's a scenario (feel free to laugh): Aliens have long ago left their biology behind and build themselves directly out of quarks or atoms. They would be small, small enough that millions of them could live inside us. They could document our thoughts and lives. The ultimate reality show. They might be inside every one of us, meaning there are far more of them than of us. When we die they would transfer our 'soul' into their form and we become them. If they've been doing this since man became man we'd be able to talk to every human who ever lived, Moses, Alexander the Great, etc. Now that would be heaven.

You can lock me up but you can't prove I'm wrong.

We aren't talking aliens. We are talking UFOs. You are making the assumption they are aliens. UFOs could be practical jokes. They could be promotional gimmicks. They could be drones. They could be hobbyists. I used to watch X-Files on TV because they had a lot of shows dedicated to them. Use the coast-to-coast website I linked in a prior post. It had one for an albino whale, a real moby dick, which was nice. I believed that vid. They have shows on UFOs. Today, I treat UFOs like I treated them in the past. They're just science fiction, but it's fun entertainment. If I see what I think is an UFO, then I want to get verification and my friends or passer-by saw it, too. This would apply to ghosts and what not, too. God tells us to not believe in the supernatural besides he and Genesis in the Bible.

Now, since you know that life is rare (even my evolution website from Cal Berkeley sez so), then you know aliens are rare. NASA, which is a reputable agency, and one that scientists like Carl Sagan believed and advised believe today that they will find aliens. They think they will find microbes on Mars and not the sci-fi aliens that we see on TV and movies by 2025. This is due to evolutionary thinking, abiogenesis, past probes to Mars and others, and their high technology. Why not Europa or Titan (moons on Jupiter or Saturn)? I rather they spend the money to go there than Mars.

Now, since you know that life is rare (even my evolution website from Cal Berkeley sez so), then you know aliens are rare.
What does rare mean in cosmic terms? If life can found in one solar system in a billion then there are 250 such planets in our galaxy alone. Is that still rare

Now, since you know that life is rare (even my evolution website from Cal Berkeley sez so), then you know aliens are rare.
What does rare mean in cosmic terms? If life can found in one solar system in a billion then there are 250 such planets in our galaxy alone. Is that still rare

From what I read of evolutionary thinking, the astronomers and cosmologists look at galaxies with planets that are "common" to ours or that have a star and planets surrounding its habitable zone. They're looking for planets with plenty of water, ideally on its surface or below in the earth as underground oceans. They also look for signs of a magnetic field and atmosphere like Earth's even with an ozone layer. Even though they may find a planet like this (which they haven't), the secular/atheist scientists do not know how life originated. The Anthropic Principle states that since the universe and its contents exist and we, as living, conscious observers, find ourselves in a place with conditions suitable for life. IOW, there must be a reason that we are intelligent and able to observe these conditions. The AP says that we are the lucky ones who hit the lottery of life. Thus, we wonder how many other lottery winners are out there. It turns out from the fine tuning facts, that there are likely none than having other winners.

Here's one of the articles on the progress of humans to Mars. I didn't think it would be so hard to walk around Mars or even drive around in a terrain explorer vehicles or rovers.

"The Mars surface is covered with sharp rocks and uneven surfaces, which make transport with rovers very difficult.

The best way to examine the red planet might be from the air. If developed, each Marsbee would be roughly the size of a regular bumblebee but have wings closer to those of a cicada. The flying robots would be able to take off in a swarm from a recharging and communications base."

NASA Invests in Flying Bee-Like Robots to Help Explore Mars

You are not entertaining the notion that not everything can be explained.
Sure I am. But you said some people "know better". What is it they know, then, if there is "no explanation"?

And what is meant by "no explanation", anyway? Wouldn't that really mean we just dont yet KNOW the explanation? That being the case, it would make sense first to rule out the explanations we DO know. Like: delusion, hallucination, false memory, etc.

Last edited:
Even though they may find a planet like this (which they haven't), the secular/atheist scientists do not know how life originated.
Youre always fill of shit on so many levels. Yes, we have found exoplanets like that. No, you religious goobers dont know how life originated, either.

From what I read of evolutionary thinking, the astronomers and cosmologists look at galaxies with planets that are "common" to ours or that have a star and planets surrounding its habitable zone. They're looking for planets with plenty of water, ideally on its surface or below in the earth as underground oceans. They also look for signs of a magnetic field and atmosphere like Earth's even with an ozone layer. Even though they may find a planet like this (which they haven't), the secular/atheist scientists do not know how life originated. The Anthropic Principle states that since the universe and its contents exist and we, as living, conscious observers, find ourselves in a place with conditions suitable for life. IOW, there must be a reason that we are intelligent and able to observe these conditions. The AP says that we are the lucky ones who hit the lottery of life. Thus, we wonder how many other lottery winners are out there. It turns out from the fine tuning facts, that there are likely none than having other winners.
I find the Anthropic Principle absurd. So far every solar system we've explored has at least one planet with intelligent life, namely us. I'm willing to bet that every solar system has some sort of planet, they are certainly not uncommon. It wouldn't surprise me if life was more likely than not. Intelligent life may be very rare in any solar system but still common in the 250 billion solar systems in our galaxy alone. Considering there may be 1 trillion galaxies out there, there may be billions of species of intelligent life.

You believe in God so I ask you, why did God create other solar systems and other galaxies if he only made one planet with intelligent life? Is he an over-achiever or an under-achiever?

With no evidence and it being demonstrated as pseudo science
In other words, precisely like your beliefs. All of them,actually.

Don't lie. You don't know what you are talking about because you take what I said out of context and then make some stupid, rude remark or idiotic one. Usually the latter.

We know the steady state model or infinite universe has been rendered pseudoscience. This is because the density of matter in an expanding universe does not remains the same. We know due to changes in the CMB that it is not the same but expanding. Even Einstein thought the universe was static, but quickly changed his tune after talking with Edwin Hubble. Prior to that, he started being influenced by a young Father Georges Lemaitre into a finite universe with a beginning.

If it is not infinite, then where does it end?

That's a good question. We do not know when it will end because it continues expanding as seen by our most powerful telescopes. We do know that the universe had a beginning and has continued to expand. However, we do not know if it expanding in all directions in a flat circle or expanding in two directions with boundaries like a sheet of paper. From the big bang theory, I'm sure you've seen their graph. We discovered the shape of the universe is flat.

1920px-CMB_Timeline300_no_WMAP.jpg

Big Bang - Wikipedia

If you still believe in an infinite universe, then how do you describe it? Is it relatively the same density?

Last edited:

I find the Anthropic Principle absurd. So far every solar system we've explored has at least one planet with intelligent life, namely us. I'm willing to bet that every solar system has some sort of planet, they are certainly not uncommon. It wouldn't surprise me if life was more likely than not. Intelligent life may be very rare in any solar system but still common in the 250 billion solar systems in our galaxy alone. Considering there may be 1 trillion galaxies out there, there may be billions of species of intelligent life.

You believe in God so I ask you, why did God create other solar systems and other galaxies if he only made one planet with intelligent life? Is he an over-achiever or an under-achiever?

You are arguing against evolution, so what do you believe in besides the AP? You are already wrong about the planets we explored as being done by humans. They were explored by probes and robots.

Anthropic Principle: Using human existence to explain the universe

As for your second part about God, I did not mention God so if I bring him into the discussion now it will just confuse you.

It's interesting how many atheists claim there is no proof for God but then believe in aliens when there is no proof of aliens.

Of course we're not. Only a stupid Christian would think otherwise.

A stupid Christian like I is able to tell you a calculation a*b with a->0 (probability for life) and b->oo (possibility for life) gives a result. The problem is only to know what result. We will see. But what I believe is something else: One day a nice white spaceship will arrive and some ECs (extraterrestrian Catholics) will step out and they will tell us their smurfings about the universe. And beause of this enlightening information a new tradition will start and furthermore we will hide at Easter eggs in cringles with a snarling tendency. But never forget: All that glitters isn't a smurf.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back