Are We Alone?

I believe all of it is possible, all are simpler explanations, and all are much more likely than whatever crackpot explanation you have in hand.

What a liar! I just caught you lying in front of all these people. You need to have your tongue cut out and thumbs removed ;). You do not believe in God as a possibility. God is Occam's Razor. OTOH, you believe in crackpot explanations like abiogenesis for aliens.
Hey dummy, I was talking about the specific things I said about the photo Francis posted. But yes, gods are possible. So are unicorns. And fairies.

LOL, it's not I but you who is the dummy. There are: No unicorns. No fairies. No aliens. No abiogenesis. No multiverses. They only exist in your imagination. However, there are UFOs. They aren't aliens, but it may have been reflections off a plane, some object on the ground, just lights across the sky from something or some weather or natural phenomena. It's just we can't explain what it is at the moment or may never be able to explain. OTOH God is not only possible but real. How else do you explain the universe and all that is in it? That is what is possible. How do you explain the Resurrection? There were hundreds of witnesses who saw the same thing. That is Occam's Razor. Yours is the crackpot explanation or else we would see it happening now or have seen it happen already. You do not even have witnesses. Just a bunch of people making up a lot of hooey philosophy that they call cosmology. Can I help it if you are such a dummy to fall for such nonsense :rolleyes:?

They never told anyone about it for years--they knew everyone would think they were cracked.
They would only appear to be "cracked" if they refused even to consider that their brains just may have been fooled, and there was no alien craft. People get fooled all the time...being fooled doesn't make one crazy. It makes one human.
You're taking "fooled" too far. Sure, a lot of the lights in the sky that people see end up having terrestrial explanations. This was a craft in broad daylight in a field. They braked to get a better look. This was back in the early 60's. She described it in detail. Her friend was identifically "fooled." I don't know what they saw, but they saw what they said they saw.

Wow, I just read a post by DiveCon. Haven't seen or heard from him in years.

I just checked and his last visit was Apr 2011.

It just made Me realize how long I've been coming to this forum and I'm wondering why I've wasted so much time here.

My memory is the last thing I'd trust, however I've retold this story many times so the memory is fresh.
False memories seem as real as real memories. Optical illusions also seem real...thus the name. Delusions and hallucinations all seem real as well.

If you have a basic understanding of physics you can tell a lot about objects in the sky.
You could be Albert Einstein, and you could not tell with any certainty if an object that appears to be moving horizontally across the sky was moving toward or away from you, or gaining or losing altitude. Add in the fact that you are both beguiled and surprised, and you simply could not draw any conclusion on this.

The second UFO was a flaming mass that fell through a low, continuous cloud layer. Simple to understand.
And yet you just called it unidentified. Not so simple, it appears. And a flaming mass falling through the sky is likely a meteor. Depending on its angle of attack, a meteor can appear to move slowly, then speed up. Or vice versa. It can appear to be moving toward you, when it is actually moving away. And vice versa. It can even appear to have passed through a cloud layer, when it has not done so.
You seem absolutely unable to accept that what I saw was real and was unlike anything I'd ever seen before so I am unable to say what they were. There may be simple explanations for what I saw, there probably are, but I don't know what those explanations are and neither do you. Hence they are unidentified, they were above ground, and they were objects, UFOs. Period.

Interesting... But such an event would have thrown off the orbits of the planets, so not likely.

What else explain it?

Somethings going on. But it’s not aliens.

Why not?

Because aliens don’t exist. BUT I will agree there is something going on. I don’t have an explanation.

Aliens do not exist because the fine tuning facts, the harshness of other planets atmosphere and space being irradiated by solar wind. Dorothy said, There is no place like home" and she was right. There is no other place like planet Earth.

Fine tuning is what Stephen Hawking and the secular (atheist) scientists discovered. However, once they discovered it then they stopped using it because it goes against evolutionary ideas. It explains why Hawking became so obsessed with God and disproving him. He ended up divorcing his believer wife and went on to multiverses. He seemed to be admitting, albeit he didn't say so, that there may be only one Earth and intelligent "aliens" only exist here. We are the best this universe has to offer. Thus, he started believing in the multiverse theory in that with multiverses, there would be other universes like planet Earth. More truth is coming out now that Hawking was wrong. Prior to his death, scientists kept an open mind to his theories such as the theory of everything because they did not know where he would go and what he would find. In the end, he ended up like other atheist and agnostic scientists in being wrong.

Any extraterrestrial life wouldn’t have to be “fine tuned” to earth. It would be fine tuned to where ever it developed. I don’t doubt that.
But the indications we have is that life is beyond rare. It is unique. Science has advanced beyond the “warm little pond” of Darwin. And as we push back the fossil record it becomes obvious that it does not take eons of bubbling and bumping. Life arose within a few hundred million years of the Earth cooling. And all the materials are there...still bubbling and bumping...for billions of years now.
Yet we have evidence of one common ancestor for all life. Yes it’s increadible. But it’s true.
And it isn’t the only astonishingly rare event on the road to consciousness. As rare as the beginning of life is there were several other steps just as rare (unique) on the way. Such as the acquisition of mitochondria.

You seem absolutely unable to accept that what I saw was real and was unlike anything I'd ever seen before
No,I would admit it is possible you saw an alien craft. And I believe you are not lying. But if you wont even consider the possibility that you were fooled or have a false memory, then you are not being rational. Surely you admit that any alternative explanation i presented is more likely than the explanation that you saw an alien craft, from my perspective, or from anyone's perspective. That being the case, it would not be rational for a person to believe you saw an alien craft,given the lack of evidence and bevy of simpler,more plausible explanations .

I would say the possibility of life is very probable. For most of them, if they exist, we are too far away to visit. If their are species out their that are capable of traversing the galaxy in a timely fashion, unless we have something they need I don't think they would stop by. The reasons for them coming here would probably not be good for us.

You seem absolutely unable to accept that what I saw was real and was unlike anything I'd ever seen before
No,I would admit it is possible you saw an alien craft. And I believe you are not lying. But if you wont even consider the possibility that you were fooled or have a false memory, then you are not being rational. Surely you admit that any alternative explanation i presented is more likely than the explanation that you saw an alien craft, from my perspective, or from anyone's perspective. That being the case, it would not be rational for a person to believe you saw an alien craft,given the lack of evidence and bevy of simpler,more plausible explanations .
What I saw were 2 UFO sitings. I never said alien craft. I'm sure they were NOT alien craft, just unidentified flying objects. No maneuvers, no power. Just there.

The reasons for them coming here would probably not be good for us.
Possibly. But I see that even we understand conservation of species in which we are curious. A civilization so advanced as to be able to travel that far may also have discovered these ethical and moral ideas.

I'm sure they were NOT alien craft, just unidentified flying objects.
Gotcha. So, the fact that you couldnt even guess what the "object"was tells me that you dont even know what you saw,exactly. Right? No guesses on the materials, or size?

Gotcha. So, the fact that you couldnt even guess what the "object"was tells me that you dont even know what you saw,exactly. Right? No guesses on the materials, or size?
You're right, I don't know what I saw. The flaming ball might have been an meteor but I doubt it since it was pretty big and visible but never reported in the news. As to the second, I do know what I didn't see: a plane, a helicopter, or a manned balloon.

What else explain it?

Somethings going on. But it’s not aliens.

Why not?

Because aliens don’t exist. BUT I will agree there is something going on. I don’t have an explanation.

Aliens do not exist because the fine tuning facts, the harshness of other planets atmosphere and space being irradiated by solar wind. Dorothy said, There is no place like home" and she was right. There is no other place like planet Earth.

Fine tuning is what Stephen Hawking and the secular (atheist) scientists discovered. However, once they discovered it then they stopped using it because it goes against evolutionary ideas. It explains why Hawking became so obsessed with God and disproving him. He ended up divorcing his believer wife and went on to multiverses. He seemed to be admitting, albeit he didn't say so, that there may be only one Earth and intelligent "aliens" only exist here. We are the best this universe has to offer. Thus, he started believing in the multiverse theory in that with multiverses, there would be other universes like planet Earth. More truth is coming out now that Hawking was wrong. Prior to his death, scientists kept an open mind to his theories such as the theory of everything because they did not know where he would go and what he would find. In the end, he ended up like other atheist and agnostic scientists in being wrong.

Any extraterrestrial life wouldn’t have to be “fine tuned” to earth. It would be fine tuned to where ever it developed. I don’t doubt that.
But the indications we have is that life is beyond rare. It is unique. Science has advanced beyond the “warm little pond” of Darwin. And as we push back the fossil record it becomes obvious that it does not take eons of bubbling and bumping. Life arose within a few hundred million years of the Earth cooling. And all the materials are there...still bubbling and bumping...for billions of years now.
Yet we have evidence of one common ancestor for all life. Yes it’s increadible. But it’s true.
And it isn’t the only astonishingly rare event on the road to consciousness. As rare as the beginning of life is there were several other steps just as rare (unique) on the way. Such as the acquisition of mitochondria.

Fine tuning isn't just for Earth, but the entire universe. That, and the harshness of space and solar wind without a magnetic field and ozone layer to protect it is how I know there is no abiogenesis and panspermia on other planets and moons and outer space. It is based on an observable, testable and falsifiable experiment of Dr. Louis Pasteur showing only life begats life. However, the new evos do not believe this because of the new spontaneous generation of "abiogenesis." It's an old pseudoscience idea wrapped in new wrappings. Why else would the secular (atheist) scientists go to a multiverse theory (There is video of Stephen Hawking sitting in a lecture of top secular scientists discussing it.)? The older secular scientists such as Carl Sagan believed in intelligent life on other planets for years. Today, we still have the belief that there is non-intelligent life out there. Microbes and single-cell creatures, but we haven't found a single one even with all the probes sent out. All of the atheist scientists who believed in aliens have died such as Stephen Hawking. He died trying to demonstrate Hawking radiation, multiverses and Earth's habitability is not special. He's another one that bit the dust trying to find alien life. It's time to put away these ideas due to the fine tuning facts and solar wind. NASA, who still believes in alien microbial life, think they can find microbes on Mars wants to send a human expedition by 2025 in order to search for extraterrestrial life even if they are microbes or evidence of past microbes. It's a waste of money and likely lives as the astronauts will have to create the fuel in order to return and live in harsh conditions of no magnetic field and no ozone layer on Mars. The new evos think advanced technology and the vastness of space will be able to give us the low down.

The flaming ball might have been an meteor but I doubt it since it was pretty big and visible but never reported in the news.
Meteors can appear very large, especially if they are very bright.

I do know what I didn't see: a plane, a helicopter, or a manned balloon.
Thats a bit of a dodge. Metallic? Wooden? You seem to be implying that you saw some sort of flying aircraft.

You're right, I don't know what I saw. The flaming ball might have been an meteor but I doubt it since it was pretty big and visible but never reported in the news. As to the second, I do know what I didn't see: a plane, a helicopter, or a manned balloon.

In this case, I have to go with Fort Fun Indiana but would not explain it in the way he does. If you did see an alien or UFO near Earth, then it has to be verified by other observers. If hundreds of people saw it in one area, then another hundreds of people saw it another area, then it probably would be evidence for an UFO. This could be enough for the military to respond and send their aircraft up there to confirm and even shoot it down if they think it is dangerous to their country. Video recordings of the same phenomena would qualify, too, especially if more than one person records it. The news would put footage on if it looks out of the ordinary like you described.

Her friend was identifically "fooled."
Its also a well known phenomenon that peole can influence each other's memories of an event.

When a bank is robbed, the employees are trained ahead of time not to speak to each other about the important obervations of the event until after they have been interviewed by the authorities. Law enforcement officials ask that they not do this so that they dont affect each others recollection of what they saw. If they do talk to each other, they often then all present the same, WRONG recollections of the suspect and the events. And that adversely affects the ensuing investigation.

If you enjoy this kind of ET stuff or out of the ordinary stories and investigations, then there is an AM radio show hosted by George Noory that comes on around midnight. I used to listen to in when doing a graveyard shift patrol. It may still be on as I just found the website -- Coast to Coast AM: The Best Paranormal News Show - Coast to Coast AM. If you scan through it, then you'll get an idea of the stuff people have come up with and it appears to include today's technology. It's entertainment and sci-fi in my book, but still interesting when you don't have much to do and are trying to stay alert.

The reasons for them coming here would probably not be good for us.
Possibly. But I see that even we understand conservation of species in which we are curious. A civilization so advanced as to be able to travel that far may also have discovered these ethical and moral ideas.
Of course that is possible. But without having any idea of what is actually out in the galaxy, we are only guessing. It would be great if super advanced aliens wanted to help us for no reason other then to help us.

But all civilized beings will have some societal structures that are common to others. Like a ruling class, a science class, etc. We do not have any idea if any advanced race exists, or if advanced races are common place and we, being unable to venture out, cannot see them.

That being said the possibilities are endless. They could appear and help us because they want to lift us to their level to help mankind. Or, they could be involved in a galactic power struggle with two or more advanced species and when they expanded to here, because we are close to their enemies in the Davaroni sector, the Davaroni's could swoop down on us to claim our planet as a forward operation base to keep the other ones from encroaching on them.

And conscript a bunch of us as workers with all the ramifications that would have.

In this case, I have to go with Fort Fun Indiana but would not explain it in the way he does. If you did see an alien or UFO near Earth, then it has to be verified by other observers. If hundreds of people saw it in one area, then another hundreds of people saw it another area, then it probably would be evidence for an UFO. This could be enough for the military to respond and send their aircraft up there to confirm and even shoot it down if they think it is dangerous to their country. Video recordings of the same phenomena would qualify, too, especially if more than one person records it. The news would put footage on if it looks out of the ordinary like you described.
All alien space craft are UFOs (at least until they conquer or eat us) but not all UFOs are alien space craft. Unconnected to my UFOs, I think aliens are already here on Earth but I doubt they travel by rockets or saucers, way too slow.

Forum List

Back