Are We Alone?

There are no “fine tuning” facts.
Right. It's a silly concept. Life has been finely tuned to the universe, not the other way around. Of course the life we see matches its environment...that's the life that survived. If consitions were different or would change, then the life we observe would be different or would change. We can obaerve this in both the fossil record and right now. We can search environments that would destroy just about any spexies we know, and find other species thriving. We can look back on hotter/colder, wetter/drier times, and see different species tuned to those environments.

There are no “fine tuning” facts.
Right. It's a silly concept. Life has been finely tuned to the universe, not the other way around. Of course the life we see matches its environment...that's the life that survived. If consitions were different or would change, then the life we observe would be different or would change. We can obaerve this in both the fossil record and right now. We can search environments that would destroy just about any spexies we know, and find other species thriving. We can look back on hotter/colder, wetter/drier times, and see different species tuned to those environments.

“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”
G.K. Chesterton

Your belief in aliens seems unshakable. Just don’t try to pass it off as anything more than wishful thinking.

When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”
G.K. Chesterton
Get your goofy voodoo chants out of here,shaman. This is a science thread. The goat sacrifices are that way ->

Your belief in aliens seems unshakable.
No, i merely argued against the wrong things you said. You make a very elementary, logical error to draw that conclusion.

There are no aliens. And you deny that because you are terrified of where that may lead.

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?

Well, we've spent lots of money on SETI but have found nothing yet.

A common formula for the likely possibility of live on other planets is the Green Bank Formula

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Green Bank Formula: [/FONT]N = R * fp * ne * fl * fc * L

When you play around with it you realize how improbable it really is.

And as far as Biblically speaking goes, no.

Fermi paradox - Wikipedia

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?

Well, we've spent lots of money on SETI but have found nothing yet.

A common formula for the likely possibility of live on other planets is the Green Bank Formula

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Green Bank Formula: [/FONT]N = R * fp * ne * fl * fc * L

When you play around with it you realize how improbable it really is.

And as far as Biblically speaking goes, no.

Fermi paradox - Wikipedia
The Fermi paradox is why I believe that aliens are already here. They just obey the Prime Directive and don't let us know they are studying us.

I think the chance of life outside our planet is very possible. Intelligent life? IDK
What if we are the first intelligent life in the universe?
I will say i have seen a UFO. Idk if it was aliens or not. But idk of any human aircraft rectangle in shape and can fly so fast it disappears almost immediately.

I think the chance of life outside our planet is very possible. Intelligent life? IDK
I will say i have seen a UFO. Idk if it was aliens or not. But idk of any human aircraft rectangle in shape and can fly so fast it disappears almost immediately.
You are right to be skeptical that it was a human aircraft. Now, take it one step further, and be skeptical that it was an aircraft at all, and instead was an optical illusion , or a hallucination, or a false memory, etc.

You are right to be skeptical that it was a human aircraft. Now, take it one step further, and be skeptical that it was an aircraft at all, and instead was an optical illusion , or a hallucination, or a false memory, etc.

Or the planet Venus lensing around a passing Black Hole

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting... But such an event would have thrown off the orbits of the planets, so not likely.

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting... But such an event would have thrown off the orbits of the planets, so not likely.

What else explain it?

maxresdefault.jpg

What else explain it?

I listed 3 possibilities. And there are more.

maxresdefault.jpg

What else explain it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Uh huh.

What explains these?

maxresdefault.jpg

What else explain it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Uh huh.

What explains these?

Intentional alteration, light effects on one or more lenses, double exposed film, poor conditions in the film developing room...there are 4. Need more?

A buddy and I saw two, very different UFOs on two successive nights. I don't believe either was an alien ship, but there are more things in heaven and earth...

I don't believe either was an alien ship,
Due to reaaonable skepticism. Now,take it one step further, and consider the idea that what you remember seeing wasn't really an "object" in the sky at all. Or that it was just a mundane meteor.

I don't believe either was an alien ship,
Due to reaaonable skepticism. Now,take it one step further, and consider the idea that what you remember seeing wasn't really an "object" in the sky at all. Or that it was just a mundane meteor.
One was a falling object so it probably was natural but like nothing I'd ever seen before. The other was not falling but moving horizontally. Both were real and neither have a reasonable explanation.

The other was not falling but moving horizontally.

Ill stop you right there. Thats the problem with looking at things in the sky...they fool you. You actually could not tell that an object which appeared to move horizontally was not also moving away or toward you, or gaining or losing altitude. The sky plays tricks on your eyes and mind.

Your memory is the only thing that you can know for sure is real. Rainbows appear "real", but they are optical illusions.

Forum List

Back