Who Are The People Who Understand "1984"?

1. At one time government school, public school, was a place of learning, and turned out Americans who were among the most educated in the world. One of the books most of us read was "1984," by Orwell.

2. If you were part of such a milieu, you probably discussed the reasons Orwell wrote it and the cautions we were to pay attention to about big government, Liberal/Leftist/Democrat governance. And perhaps you remembered the lesson.

3. Along those lines, reminds of a Reagan quote:
How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

It appears our Democrat supporters didn't understand 1984.

4. The protagonist in "1984" was Winston Smith. Do you remember what his civil service job for Big Brother was?
AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

In 1984 by George Orwell, Winston Smith's job is as a records editor in the Ministry of Truth, where he rewrites historical documents to align with the Party's ideology. This includes rewriting press releases, altering poetry, and inventing people to fit the Party's ideals. For example, Winston creates Comrade Ogilvy, an imaginary person who is the opposite of Comrade Withers, who has been erased from existence.

5.Watch how closely live imitates art:

Say It Together​

So it was Winston that had the original ideas for Project 2025, Fox News, and AM talkradio.

Makes sense now.

So it was Winston that had the original ideas for Project 2025, Fox News, and AM talkradio.

Makes sense now.
Keep both of your cerebral neurons working: the theme of the thread to which you voluntarily subscribed is the lies of the Democrats, altering history as Winston Smith did in the prophetic novel 1984.

1722897027650.png

Gun violence

Do you feel bad that Trump almost took a bullet for the home team. They say the kid was a registered republican.

Oh, I fired my spell checker but I didn't use gun violence.

I am so chagrinned. My gun is so lazy.......it still has never shot anyone.

Maybe those Republicans are right, and it's criminals and not guns responsible for gun violence.

You’re probably the right one to ask this….do illiterate folks get the full effect of alphabet soup?

Forum List

Back