Are We Alone?

The Vatican and the Smithsonian can convinced me they're sincere as soon as they start being honest about whats in their vaults and sharing it with us.

What do you think is in their vaults that they are hiding from us?
that the moon is hollow :eusa_whistle:

It's not just me saying it.

It's the seismometers on the Moon

It's the Moon's density and orbit.

Finally, it the daunting fact that the Moon and the Sun are just coincidentally the same apparent size in the sky.

In any event, why does it make a difference to you?

hmmm, you do know that the Roman Catholic church came out in 2008 I think, and said that believing in aliens is not against the church, does not negate God and Christ, don't you?

that's a shocker for me....makes me think that they know or have information that extra terrestrials are visiting us.

The Vatican and the Smithsonian can convinced me they're sincere as soon as they start being honest about whats in their vaults and sharing it with us.

Frank is still looking for Obama's Birth Certificate

I am trying to get you to think differently here. I don't want to limit you by what I think.

Thanks so much, but I think I'll stick with what my professors taught me and what I've learned since. I still think you're dodging the question. This isn't magic. If there's some other possibility besides what I've stated, please articulate it. You won't be limiting me. I don't think that's possible. You haven't shown the ability to present a cogent argument on the subject, so far.

Self limited by choice huh konrad? The Sun moves in the sky, so I must be the center. We have met your kind before. Sadly, it won't be the last time.

You're a total idiot and this is just a waste of time. Go crack a chem book and then come back and talk. This is becoming ludicrous. No wonder the US is falling behind in science, if this is what passes for understanding. You're just twisting what I say to cover your own ignorance. This isn't about me, but your willful blindness to what we know and don't know. It's laughable that you think I'm the one that's "sad". You answer no questions about how these mythical new elements could possibly exist, but have the temerity to mock me. GET REAL!!!

The true history of human civilization for one.

What do you think this true history is?

We aren't the brightest, best or most advanced that's ever been on the planet. Shhhh. It's a secret.

Also, I always thought it weird that the first Gospels were only published after Jerusalem was leveled by Titus. There was a vibrant debate on Christ and his ministry and mission for 400 years after his death until Emperors Theodosius and Constantine ended all debate. The Vatican might have something in their archives on point.

Until the Nag Hammadi Library surfaced the RCC committed the perfect crime in the elimination of the Gnostics. It took 1,600 years for us to finally find the body.

They also collected and/or destroyed all of the writing from MesoAmerica.

storyofescape.jpg

Mayan Stelae showing fleeing flooded temples

Bimini02.jpg

Photo of undersea structures western Cuba.

That's what I'm talking about

So let me get this straight. You think that because a gas is inert it has no function? Correct? A Noble gas being inert can do nothing? Correct? Can't be a part of a living thing, can't help influence evolution etc.? Correct?

I say they can't be used as a gas to support life. They're non-reactive in normal chemical processes. They can be used in things like flourecscent bulbs, but they do not change. For a gas to be usable the way we use oxygen, there has to be the possibility of a chemical change. The few compounds that have been made with the nobvle gases are inherently unstable and curiosities in the chemical world, nothing more.
AS WE KNOW IT

i would agree
but there is SO much we DON'T know
look at the life on the volcanic vents, before it was discovered, they didnt believe anything could live there

Totally irrelevant. Gas vents produce chemicals which permit the flow of energy to sustain life. The inert gases have no such ability. This ISN'T something that falls in the realm of things we don't know yet. That's well-established basic chemistry. While we may not know everything happening at the bottom of the ocean, we do know what's happening at the bottom of a test tube and using the noble gases as a means of life-sustaining energy transfer, certainly isn't one of them.

We aren't the brightest, best or most advanced that's ever been on the planet. Shhhh. It's a secret.

Also, I always thought it weird that the first Gospels were only published after Jerusalem was leveled by Titus. There was a vibrant debate on Christ and his ministry and mission for 400 years after his death until Emperors Theodosius and Constantine ended all debate. The Vatican might have something in their archives on point.

Until the Nag Hammadi Library surfaced the RCC committed the perfect crime in the elimination of the Gnostics. It took 1,600 years for us to finally find the body.

They also collected and/or destroyed all of the writing from MesoAmerica.

storyofescape.jpg

Mayan Stelae showing fleeing flooded temples

Bimini02.jpg

Photo of undersea structures western Cuba.

That's what I'm talking about

LOL!!! A grainy photo is "proof", but years of climate data is "junk science"?!?! Get a life, Frank. That isn't science, it's pseudo-science!!!

I see your throwing evolution at the frontiers of the universe out as a possibility, though you hold on to that theory on one little planet. Chemical theory is settled science in your mind. Then why is it still theory?

this has to do with the definition of theory. holding that there aren't any further elements to be discovered relies on konrad's 'stable' qualifier. i would think we could be afforded more certainty from getting up close to a supernova or with better spectral analysis than we have.

That is the most likely case in my mind too antagon. Although I will not rule out that in a particular environment, those conditions can be met on a continued basis and be sustainable/natural. Expanding konrad's mind has proven a task.

even harder to say that undiscovered elements might be stable under any condition at all, but there's no sense in arguing that all of the potential elements are accounted for, either. like i was saying, if nuke chemists were able to study a supernova event with the sort of precision they're availed in a lab, i think some 8th period elements might even be plausible. these won't be stable. if they were, i would imagine that they would have been discovered already and that lighter elements would be more stable themselves. the heaviest elements in the 7th period are so unstable that they last fractions of milliseconds before they decay down the line or become fissile.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CrusaderFrank again."

What we don't know about ancient civilizations could fill the entire storage space of all the libraries of the world, and then some.

I know from studying the history of Mathematics that many incredible mathetmatical writings were lost. Archimedes was on the verge of discovering Calculus. We only know that because The Method was accidentally found in the 1900's on the back of a hymn sheet in a church somewhere. It seems every 10 years or so we find another lost document and get the shock of our lives when we realize just how much math the ancients know. And we've barely touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lost works we know existed.

We don't even know the full story on Jesus. Much less the whole world. Who knows what's in those vaults.

Book of John Chapter 21 said:
25Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

It's hard to believe that, in a universe so vast, there is not intelligent life out there somewhere...

Then again, I am left wondering...

If this life is so intelligent, and if they have, as some people claim, visited our planet, why do they always seem to abduct the cream of the trailer parks?
I heard a Neal degrass Tyson presentation I'll share what I can remember.

Everything comes from stars. The most common elements in the universe are everywhere. Carbon hydrogen helium oxygen nitrogen. So the elements for life are everywhere in the universe.

Some scientists believe there was once life on Mars and Venus. So every star probably has planets circling.

We can see a foot in front of our face and our Galaxy is like the size of Texas. More stars than grains of sands and do you realize how far the nearest star is? Mindblowingly big.

Anyways, Neal pointed out that we humans think we're special because we're so much smarter than monkeys but we are 99% just like them. It's that 1% that made cars and got us to talk and think and to Mars. Now imagine a species that is 1% smarter than us. Their babies can do quantum physics. Maybe they can get here maybe they can't. Probably too far even for them. Or maybe their planet died out 5 billion years ago or hasn't been born yet.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CrusaderFrank again."

What we don't know about ancient civilizations could fill the entire storage space of all the libraries of the world, and then some.

I know from studying the history of Mathematics that many incredible mathetmatical writings were lost. Archimedes was on the verge of discovering Calculus. We only know that because The Method was accidentally found in the 1900's on the back of a hymn sheet in a church somewhere. It seems every 10 years or so we find another lost document and get the shock of our lives when we realize just how much math the ancients know. And we've barely touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lost works we know existed.
Ever see the cosmos? This Arab guy gathered as much knowledge as he could and after the Alexander library was destroyed hundreds of years later this Arab guy had a lot of what we thought was lost.

These were rulers/Kings/religions that destroyed this knowledge. To keep the masses down. It's why I thing religion is bad for people

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 10 to the 24 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

You think we are the only intelligent life? Why would other galaxies exist then?

The distance from the Sun to Proxima Centauri is 4.22 light years which is equal to forty trillion kilometres.

On how the universe works they think Pluto or Pluto’s moons might have life in them. If they do, even simple life, that would mean life is everywhere

This blows my mind. It takes Pluto 248 years to orbit the sun. That’s how big our solar system is. Wow.

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?
I just heard the ex Canadian minister of defense said he knows for a fact the United States government is working with 5 different species of aliens.

Sia said she heard him say it. She was doing carpool karaoke with James corden from the late late show

Last edited:
AFAIK we are the only intelligent life and less intelligent life in the universe. Then we have the

9bfc8fed9e0fe5d6b82ce74d6218958debb4a06c4e890c18cc37f475e5d03190.jpg

Forum List

Back