*Are we doomed?

Yada, yada, yada, you believe that the majority of Americans would choose a government stipend of $1000 per month over working for a wage that pays them double or much more. It cracks me up that people actually buy into such nonsense. America is being brought to its knees because of all the poor people, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

They may only get a thousand a month. Bit they make up for it with drug sales.

You have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. But that doesn't stop you.

Are you like twelve years old? If you dont think this goes on I have a bridge to sell you.:cuckoo:

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.
At which poiint, a new dark age begins.
Luckily, the majority of Americans don't believe that they are entitled to live in a first level society.
Read what I said:
As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset...

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

That describes precisely the banks and big business. Oops.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

Every Libertarian is doomed to read 1200 pages that could have been written in 20.

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.

Yada, yada, yada, you believe that the majority of Americans would choose a government stipend of $1000 per month over working for a wage that pays them double or much more. It cracks me up that people actually buy into such nonsense. America is being brought to its knees because of all the poor people, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

America's motto: "Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Some people of a certain party think of "poor people" when they think of the "leeches" on society.

But that is only a fraction of the whole picture. The income tax code was 15 pages when the income tax was first enacted. Today, it is over 17,000 pages, and a new tax break is being added every day.

EVERYONE has their hand out. You want to hear the "entitlement mindset" that C Clayton thinks does not exist? Just ask a homeowner to give up their mortgage interest deduction. Ask an appliance manufacturer to give up the green energy appliance deduction. Ask a farmer to give up his subsidy. Ask a parent to give up their child credit.

Then stand back and hark the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

So it is about way the fuck more than Obamaphones and food stamps. This is about EVERYONE being on the goddam government tit.

Everyone.

A politician's promise: "If elected, I will shower all this stuff on you and make that asshole over there stop spending so much!"

Last edited:

That describes precisely the banks and big business. Oops.

Yes it does.

They are part of the "everyone" who has their hand out.

Yes it does.

They are part of the "everyone" who has their hand out.

I forgot to include lobbyists and hedge fund managers... So many criminals with so much money and power...

Criminals with police protection. Robbing the common man, some of whom then defend the people who stole from them!

It is the fact the MAJORITY of Americans is diminishing that are paying the $1,000 stipend because right now the person who receives the $1,000 stipend also receives these benefits NOW!

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below FREE entitlements:

* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients. Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large

c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...
Add another $12,000 in stipends I'd not work!

The problem is there are less people working to make the money to pay those benefits!
which is why China owns 30% of our debt. Which is why interest on the debt will In 2022, under Obama's budget, while net interest payments will be $743 billion or 12% of the budget.
And it will increase even more dramatic as USA's credit rating continues to decline.. means paying higher interest rates!
As a result, America’s gross debt under the President’s plan, as reported by his own Office of Management and Budget (OMB), will rapidly climb $25.4 trillion in 2022—$10.6 trillion above where it stood at the end of 2011. In other words, the President’s core budget claim – that he has a ‘balanced’ plan to reduce the deficit – is provably and outrageously false. He raises taxes to fuel a gigantic spending increase in Washington."

Overall, his budget would increase federal spending 58% - from a budget size of $3.6 trillion today to $5.9 trillion in 2022, and increase gross federal debt by 72 percent.

Payments on Interest to Exceed Defense Spending by $125 Billion | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
There's a road in front of your house. Let's say it cost $1000 to build the piece that passes in front of you and your next door neighbor's house, just for illustration. And let's say this is the only government service you have received.

Let's also stipulate you and your neighbor each earn $50,000 a year.

To pay for the road, you should each pay $500 in taxes.

But wait! Your neighbor bought the kind of refrigerator the government wanted him to buy! So he gets a tax break of $100.

His tax bill is now $400.

That means you are going to have to pay $600 to pay for the road. Your taxes went up because the government got into the refrigerator mandate business.

If there was no refrigerator tax break, then you and your neighbor would pay identical taxes.

It does not get more fair than that.

Tax breaks have to be paid for by someone else. You are taking money from someone else every time you claim a deduction.

You are a leech.

Now you are telling yourself, "I would be a fool not to take a deduction I can claim!"

That's right. You would be. The government has made you completely dependent on its largesse, leech.

How's that feel?

The government has decided which refrigerators you should buy. Which car you should buy. Which furnace should be in your home. Hell, it even has gone all the way down to deciding which fricking LIGHT BULBS you should buy!

If you don't buy the right stuff, you get a tax penalty.

You never thought of it that way before, did you.

So a health insurance penalty was only in the natural course of things. You have been allowing these penalties for a very long time.

How does this happen?

It happens because a refrigerator manufacturer paid a lot of Congressmen a lot of campaign cash to create the refrigerator tax break.

Your Congressman actually chases after these people for their money so he can maintain that 98 percent re-election rate they have. He gives them these gifts in return.

98 percent re-election rate. We have an American Politburo. And the Politburo is telling us what we must buy. We have a centrally planned economy.

Doomed? We're already there!

End tax expenditures.

See?

You don't have to write 1200 pages...

Last edited:
They may only get a thousand a month. Bit they make up for it with drug sales.

You have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. But that doesn't stop you.

Are you like twelve years old? If you dont think this goes on I have a bridge to sell you.:cuckoo:

No. But I have my suspicions about you. At what point did you start interviewing all of the people receiving some kind of assistance so you know what they are doing? Or are you just talking out of your backside? Saying whatever sounds good to you and assuming it is true because you want it to be true. Or perhaps just repeating what you have been told but never bothered to get off that backside to check for yourself.

I'm sure you do have a bridge to sell. You have probably bought quite a number of them.

Luckily, the majority of Americans don't believe that they are entitled to live in a first level society.
Read what I said:

I read what you said. It is the exact mentality I was talking about. Not to worry, you're in a minority. And when you hit that age, social security and medicare will be there and you will take advantage of them. Because it is always the other guy who has the entitlement mindset.

I read what you said. It is the exact mentality I was talking about. Not to worry, you're in a minority. And when you hit that age, social security and medicare will be there and you will take advantage of them. Because it is always the other guy who has the entitlement mindset.

Interestingly, the ones with the most money and power (and who also pay low to no taxes) are the ones with the biggest entitlement mindset. Did you know Mc Donalds paid for legislation so that it can use the SBA (that would be the SMALL business administration) to subsidize opening franchises... what were their profits last year? How many billions (that would be 6.82 BILLION)? They need the SBA to do this why, exactly???

Interestingly, the ones with the most money and power (and who also pay low to no taxes) are the ones with the biggest entitlement mindset. Did you know Mc Donalds paid for legislation so that it can use the SBA (that would be the SMALL business administration) to subsidize opening franchises... what were their profits last year? How many billions (that would be 6.82 BILLION)? They need the SBA to do this why, exactly???

Each Mickey D franchise is individually owned. A small business owner is the one putting up the cash to buy a franchise.

Each Mickey D franchise is individually owned. A small business owner is the one putting up the cash to buy a franchise.

But why would the SBA be involved at all? A franchise is not in the least an outright owned small business, seeing how each franchisee owes 45K in franchise fees (after a 100K down payment) to McD's EACH year + 12% of their profits - that doesn't sound like they are "individually owned", now does it? Why can't McD's finance the owners themselves? They are FLUSH with capital. Any company under the umbrella name "McDonalds" should be in no way assosciated with the SBA.

Last edited:
Read what I said:
I read what you said. It is the exact mentality I was talking about.
The mentality that as more and more people adopt the entitlement mindset, the fact that the majority of people -now- do not have this mentality means nothing?
Seems prety solid to me.

The vast majority of McDonalds are small businesses. It makes sense that the parent corporation would assist potential francise purchasers in obtaining SBA loans for that purpose. I have no problem with that.

the woman was a complete failure.

why do you try to honor her failed ideas?

Forum List

Back