*Are we doomed?

*Are we doomed?
“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion—when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.” – Ayn Rand

No. We're not. Remember that Rand was writing this in the 50's. The same conditions existed then as exist now, yet we were not doomed.

It is always fascinating to me that this marvelous philosophy based upon the glorification of a mythical "producer" sprang from a person who never produced a thing. And her legacy is carried on by an institute which survives on grants. Funny old world.

*Are we doomed?
“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion—when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.” – Ayn Rand

unfortunately thousands of Obama supporters did not know what he meant by transforming America. America did not need to be transformed, but Obama has had a mission to make this country like the one he was raised to believe in.....the Muslim country and way of life. And this Muslim would like to hold office perminently and compete the transformation of our lives and country.........it is up to the people in this country to wake up and stand together as Anerucans and vote this bunch out.

*Are we doomed?

No. We're not. Remember that Rand was writing this in the 50's. The same conditions existed then as exist now, yet we were not doomed.

It is always fascinating to me that this marvelous philosophy based upon the glorification of a mythical "producer" sprang from a person who never produced a thing. And her legacy is carried on by an institute which survives on grants. Funny old world.

Complain all you want about her ideas but I quite frankly don’t care where ideas come from if they are sound. I find that her concepts have a lot of merit even if some are misguided and they are held in an idyllic world.

Such might not hold in a pure form but virtually no governmental or economic thought woks in a pure form. The world is simply not black and white enough for that to happen. As far as doomed, I would definitely bet that we are doomed to something very similar to what Rand envisioned. The question is not whether or not such is possible but rather what king of timeline we are talking about. ALL empires fall, that is a given and the most common reason is they become bloated and weak. Rome fell, no matter how powerful they were in their peak and at some time, America will fall as well. Is that time now? I don’t know. I am hesitant to say that it is likely even with a lot of what is going on now and I say that because people are still fat and happy with very little concern weather or not they are going to eat today. Those that are usually go hungry out or pride or ignorance, not because there is nothing to eat or no system in place to care for them.

We do need to fight now though to improve the situation because when there are hungry mobs in the street and signs that we actually are in real danger of falling, then it is too late to act. Unfortunately, that is when most wait to do something. One of the vices of being human.

*Are we doomed?
We are not doomed, Doubletap. Be of good cheer. :thup:

*Are we doomed?

I have to maintain some optimism. Rip the smarmy pseudointellectual face off of liberalism and people will see the statist pig that wants to enslave everyone who isn't accepted in the elitist camp.

Granted some of our people are clearly stupid enough to believe liberalism will lead to a better country, and not a despotic hell hole like it has everywhere else it's been fully implemented. It will take longer for these bed wetters to get a grip, or maybe they'll abort themselves out of existence. Either way works for me.

Last but not least, we have guns. Lots and lots of them. Our people dominate the military. We've got the keys to the vaults, the know how to operate the ordinance, the knowledge to maintain the material, and the expertise to run the logistics.

They have the parasites who sit on their asses and are entertained by idiots who can't even change their childrens' diapers.

Sometimes I don't see how we can lose.

*Are we doomed?

Ayn Rand = very popular with college freshman girls, away from home for the first time, wanting so bad to appear independent from daddy.... girls, and boys who think like girls.

*Are we doomed?

Complain all you want about her ideas but I quite frankly don’t care where ideas come from if they are sound. I find that her concepts have a lot of merit even if some are misguided and they are held in an idyllic world.

Such might not hold in a pure form but virtually no governmental or economic thought woks in a pure form. The world is simply not black and white enough for that to happen. As far as doomed, I would definitely bet that we are doomed to something very similar to what Rand envisioned. The question is not whether or not such is possible but rather what king of timeline we are talking about. ALL empires fall, that is a given and the most common reason is they become bloated and weak. Rome fell, no matter how powerful they were in their peak and at some time, America will fall as well. Is that time now? I don’t know. I am hesitant to say that it is likely even with a lot of what is going on now and I say that because people are still fat and happy with very little concern weather or not they are going to eat today. Those that are usually go hungry out or pride or ignorance, not because there is nothing to eat or no system in place to care for them.

We do need to fight now though to improve the situation because when there are hungry mobs in the street and signs that we actually are in real danger of falling, then it is too late to act. Unfortunately, that is when most wait to do something. One of the vices of being human.

I don't think I was complaining. I was just musing over the fact that the only people who seem to follow this philosophy of the "producer" are the people who don't produce anything. I suppose it is because people who do produce have to live in the real world, not some fantasy.

Nations and empires do not collapse because they become bloated. They collapse because of outside forces (disease, weather changes, invasions, etc.) or because the society becomes so stratified that the poor have nothing to lose (think Paris in the 1700's). The latter case is actually pretty rare.

We are not doomed by any stretch of the word. What we are currently going through isn't even close to the most difficult in our history. At worst, we are being mildly inconvenienced. Of course, toss in some outside force (say a truly bad epidemic) and that can change very quickly.

*Are we doomed?

I have to maintain some optimism. Rip the smarmy pseudointellectual face off of liberalism and people will see the statist pig that wants to enslave everyone who isn't accepted in the elitist camp.

Granted some of our people are clearly stupid enough to believe liberalism will lead to a better country, and not a despotic hell hole like it has everywhere else it's been fully implemented. It will take longer for these bed wetters to get a grip, or maybe they'll abort themselves out of existence. Either way works for me.

Last but not least, we have guns. Lots and lots of them. Our people dominate the military. We've got the keys to the vaults, the know how to operate the ordinance, the knowledge to maintain the material, and the expertise to run the logistics.

They have the parasites who sit on their asses and are entertained by idiots who can't even change their childrens' diapers.

LOL. Another tough talking keyboard hero.

I wasn't aware the France, Germany, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and the rest of the first world democracies were hellholes. They look like pretty nice places to me.

I think what we have here is someone that has never been out of his neighborhood and considers the sixth grade higher education.

Most of the problems facing this nation are made in AMERICA.

Ergo I think I can safely say that most of today's problems are surmountable if we can find the poltical will to deal with them.

*Are we doomed?

When I see whats coming out of our universities I say yes. Spoiled little brats with their faces pierced, and cool tattoos that their mommy's bought them as rewards for graduating high school who never had to struggle or work for anything. Nothing buy whiny little bitches. They are the future of America.

*Are we doomed?

When I see whats coming out of our universities I say yes. Spoiled little brats with their faces pierced, and cool tattoos that their mommy's bought them as rewards for graduating high school who never had to struggle or work for anything. Nothing buy whiny little bitches. They are the future of America.

Yeah. And they won't stay off my lawn. Little bastards. Why, in my day....

The more things change, the more they stay the same. In 40 years, those little punks will be complaining about how the younger generation have no respect for their elders.

"Doomed"? Meh. Hard to say.

But I would say this: Little by little over the last few decades the American Left has convinced enough people that a larger, more influential, more authoritarian central government is the way to go. And we've passed the tipping point on that.

So as a result, the days of dynamic growth and America as the world economic leader are coming to an end. The trajectory of our standard of life will decay as the government takes a bigger bite out of everything in the name of "fairness".

Is that "doom? I dunno, I guess we'll see. I know my kids are off to a great start, and that's my top priority. We've kept standards and expectations high for them, and now they're enjoying the fruits of that. No excuses, no victimhood for my girls.

As for everyone else, who knows. No use crying over spilled milk.

Last edited:
*Are we doomed?

LOL. Another tough talking keyboard hero.

I wasn't aware the France, Germany, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and the rest of the first world democracies were hellholes. They look like pretty nice places to me.

I think what we have here is someone that has never been out of his neighborhood and considers the sixth grade higher education.

Then take your pansy ass over there bed wetter. Stop trying to make our country something it isn't. If you "think" things are better in euroweenie land, don't let the door cause a brain concussion by hitting you in your oversized ass.

America's support of Japan has been somewhat muted given that the present US government's efforts to appease China.

Japan is far less export dependent than China and could dump US debt with less impact to its economy. .

America's support for Japan has been anything but "muted" during recent crises in the region, and it would certainly NOT be in Japan's best interests to deliberately weaken the US economy (as if it could), AND Japan is - if anything - more dependent on exports than China, which is in the long-term process of developing the HUGE potential of its domestic market.

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.

At which poiint, a new dark age begins.

There is no such thing as an ‘entitlement mindset,’ it’s as much a myth and rightist contrivance as ‘political correctness.’
False.
There are an inordinate number of people who believe they are entitled to any number of things that they should not have to provide for themselves; the number of these people grows every day.

It may in fact be possible if we want "completely" robotic as a nation. Of course we'd have to be able to maintain the infrastructure, but I think it's possible.

We'd just do what ever the fuck we want and the robotic truck would deliver our food, clothe and shit.

Last edited:
*Are we doomed?

The more things change, the more they stay the same. In 40 years, those little punks will be complaining about how the younger generation have no respect for their elders.

Today, there is not a sentiment that the next generation does not respect their elders. Now the problem is that they do not expect to have to work and instead believe that things are owed to them. You tell me which one of those has real impact within the economy…

It is not the same as before. These people do not believe that they need to work and the government seems more and more amenable to ensuring that they never have to.

Today, there is not a sentiment that the next generation does not respect their elders. Now the problem is that they do not expect to have to work and instead believe that things are owed to them. You tell me which one of those has real impact within the economy…

It is not the same as before. These people do not believe that they need to work and the government seems more and more amenable to ensuring that they never have to.

It is exactly the same as before. You're just seeing it from the other side now. As to impact, our current economy is the result of our impact. Do you really think the next generation can do any worse?

Confident Idiots: American Students Growing More Confident, Less Capable

Our kids have been force-fed phony self-esteem and this is the predictable result.

It's going to come back to bite us. It already is. We've allowed our culture to decay, and we'll have to pay the price for that. Anyone who isn't genuinely concerned about the facts in this article is in abject denial.

The Lefties have analyzed the republican party to death since the election.
And their advise is that the GOP to win elections needs to be more like the Democrat party.

I want the republican party to be smarter about who they are and be very aggressive about defending who they are.

Romney and the party were very timid about defending against the charge that Romney was responsible in the death of that lady from cancer.That was a huge mistake.One of many.

Right. Let me explain a few things you may not have noticed because no one pointed out to you. This wasn't the first threat to Romney.

The first threat was September 21, 2012. Ann Romney's plane was sabotaged ( in my opinion -sabotaged is correct term ) on September 21, 2012.

The cabin of her plane started filling with smoke. They claimed it was a short in a wire that caused the smoke. I believe the plane was sabotaged before she ever got on board. So she is forced into an emergency landing after a terrifying experience in the sky.

When I heard the report the first thing that came to me was this was no accident. It was done by someone who wanted to intimidate the Romneys into backing down in their campaign to win the election.

I prayed to the Lord about that and asked Him whoever was behind this I am asking you to let them reap what they have sown. Let them fall into the pit they have dug for the Romneys and reveal who was behind this. Less than a week later I got my answer:

On September 27, 2012 President Barack Obama was on Air Force One - on his way to campaign - just as Romneys wife was doing - when Air Force One experienced extreme turbulance and had to abort the first landing due to that turbulance. It was no small event. I'm sure Obama was shaking in his boots until his feet hit the ground.

I believe in the scripture whatsoever a man sows that also shall he reap.

If I were Obama? I'd make it a priority to go and learn what that means.

- Jeri

Last edited:

Forum List

Back