*Are we doomed?

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.

At which poiint, a new dark age begins.

There is no such thing as an ‘entitlement mindset,’ it’s as much a myth and rightist contrivance as ‘political correctness.’

Are you lying or just speaking from an assumption?

Read what I said:
As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset...
I read what you said. It is the exact mentality I was talking about.
The mentality that as more and more people adopt the entitlement mindset, the fact that the majority of people -now- do not have this mentality means nothing?
Seems prety solid to me.

Yes. As you have again demonstrated by your insistance you are entitled to something for nothing. You want to live in a first world country, with all of the benefits of that infrastructure, and you want it for free. If you got your wish and suddenly townships made of tossed together shacks with no public sanitation started cropping up in your neighborhood, you would be demanding to know what the government was going to do about it.

Do you know this "majority" you are talking about? Do you have personal knowledge of who they are and what their histories are? Do you care? I know of at least one - my mother-in-law.

My wife's father died after a protracted illness arising from injuries he sustained as a combat engineer during WWII. He couldn't work the last years of his life and my mother-in-law had to carry the family of him and three children. One of the kids had a serious medical problem of his own. After he died, she worked two jobs to keep a roof over their head and food on the table, as well as cover the cost of special schooling for the youngest kid. As a result of her efforts, my wife was able to concentrate on school, got a degree and currently has a pretty good career. I can tell from personal knowledge, she definitely pays taxes.

But what got them through was SS disability benefits, food stamps and various assistance programs. Without them, it is doubtful my wife would have even finished high school, let alone college. She would have had to quit school and get a job just to survive.

So, please tell me how my mother-in-law is a lazy, entitlement minded leech on society. Because she represents that "majority" you look down upon.

The Lefties have analyzed the republican party to death since the election.
And their advise is that the GOP to win elections needs to be more like the Democrat party.

I want the republican party to be smarter about who they are and be very aggressive about defending who they are.

That's exactly what's expected. Thanks for helping out. It worked so well in November, right?
:cool:

THE MIND IS EVERYTHING. if you allow yourself to fall for the rethoric of Liberals then you are being fooled and your mind is being manipulated. How long will it take for people to wake up and see things as they are? The people that voted for this Muslim in our white house, obviously are incapable of seeing what they have caused on all of us including themselves. Obama was a total failure in his first term and now citizens have given this failure another 4 yrs.....good lord help us.

THE MIND IS EVERYTHING. if you allow yourself to fall for the rethoric of Liberals then you are being fooled and your mind is being manipulated. How long will it take for people to wake up and see things as they are? The people that voted for this Muslim in our white house, obviously are incapable of seeing what they have caused on all of us including themselves. Obama was a total failure in his first term and now citizens have given this failure another 4 yrs.....good lord help us.

Thanks for helping out. :2up:

Yes, the mind is everthing. Please make at least an attempt to use it.

I read what you said. It is the exact mentality I was talking about.
The mentality that as more and more people adopt the entitlement mindset, the fact that the majority of people -now- do not have this mentality means nothing?
Seems prety solid to me.
Yes. As you have again demonstrated by your insistance you are entitled to something for nothing.
LOL
Yeah. That's MY insistance.
Pardon me while I laugh at yuour willful failure to understand.

The vast majority of McDonalds are small businesses. It makes sense that the parent corporation would assist potential francise purchasers in obtaining SBA loans for that purpose. I have no problem with that.

Sorry, but no. I don't think any rational person anywhere would consider any McDonalds to be a small business - each one makes millions + a year in profit. The parent company has the capital to finance their own franchisees, if a bank won't - why would they need a government program? The SBA should be there solely to support true small businesses, not mutli-national conglomerates.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

If we can defeat Republicans, we will be OK.

Hey look, an Ayn Rand quote. Those never get old.

As for the content, that seems to describe to me the 80's under Reagan far more than today. During that period you saw the rise of folks that made money not by making stuff, but by making deals. Folks that took over companies not because they were interested in what the company made, but because they could take advantage of tax and finance loopholes to make a quick buck and then shut down the company.

Ayn may have feared government, but her followers probably should be keeping an eye on the folks that have ended up in control of Wall Street. Those guys are far closer to the villains she railed against than the Government that can barely keep up with what Wall Street is up to.

Hey look, an Ayn Rand quote. Those never get old.

As for the content, that seems to describe to me the 80's under Reagan far more than today. During that period you saw the rise of folks that made money not by making stuff, but by making deals. Folks that took over companies not because they were interested in what the company made, but because they could take advantage of tax and finance loopholes to make a quick buck and then shut down the company.

Ayn may have feared government, but her followers probably should be keeping an eye on the folks that have ended up in control of Wall Street. Those guys are far closer to the villains she railed against than the Government that can barely keep up with what Wall Street is up to.

Were you in a coma during the 80's?

Forum List

Back