🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are we headed to war? Iraq embassy being evacuated

We’re fortunate that our territory is pretty isolated from the bad guys, but we’re not immune to attack. 9/11 happened, remember?
Oh, well then, we just need Indonesia to blow up few buildings so we can attack Iran,then.

:backpedal:

Fourth, what happens if a foreign threat we fail to address NOW shows up on our shores later?

This argument is absurd. There are very few nations capable of showing up on our shores with war intentions and Iran certainly isn't one of them.

Our stealth bombers can take off just a short distance from my home and bomb any place on earth just a handful of hours later. We have a deterrent and only need to be willing to actually use it.
The public show boating is unnecessary as the whole world knows what we are capable of.

We’re fortunate that our territory is pretty isolated from the bad guys, but we’re not immune to attack. 9/11 happened, remember?
So did Oklahoma City. Should we have invaded Oklahoma?

Get real

I don’t see the parallel’s between OKC and 9/11, other than them being both being terrorism. 9/11 was a act of war conduct by a proxy of a foreign government

Some of these comments are about stupid as a boar with teats.
Negation through strength has a far superior record than that of appeasement.
Peace is only achieved through strength. Lessons learned but easily forgotten.
It's as though Costa Rica is permanently at war.

"We" may have been trying to change the government in Iran (in 1953 actually) because it was such a wonderful government -- You know, the one that sympathized with Hitler. The one that helped Nazi Troops during WWII. The one that sided with the USSR after the War.
You don't even know when Mosaddehg was elected, do you?

This argument is absurd. There are very few nations capable of showing up on our shores with war intentions and Iran certainly isn't one of them.

They have a missile program they are working on. They likely have ballistic capabilities. They have openly defied the west's demands that they drop their nuclear program. If they destabilize the middle east, the rest of the world will destabilize with it.

So what are we supposed to do? Play Nero and watch the world burn?

They have a missile program they are working on. They likely have ballistic capabilities. They have openly defied the west's demands that they drop their nuclear program. If they destabilize the middle east, the rest of the world will destabilize with it.

So what are we supposed to do? Play Nero and watch the world burn?
If they are truly that big a threat, destroy their facilities and capabilities.
Playing cat and mouse with words and war games does nothing to deter their nuclear ambitions and you know it.

Our stealth bombers can take off just a short distance from my home and bomb any place on earth just a handful of hours later. We have a deterrent and only need to be willing to actually use it.
The public show boating is unnecessary as the whole world knows what we are capable of.

Hmm. But we act like we can read minds and tendencies.

Rewind to the American entry into World War II. We placed an oil embargo on Japan because of their activities in the Pacific (aka conquering the whole of southeast Asia). They said they wished to negotiate a cessation, however that plea was in bad faith. While they sent their representatives to "negotiate" they were planning a retaliatory attack on Pearl Harbor.

We can't assume we are invincible. Arrogance is what defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. We live in the nuclear age now, all it takes is one missile. From any nuclear capable enemy. There will come a day when the nuclear deterrent and first strike capabilities are no longer deterrents.

Uh, facilities and capabilities that they can rebuild and regain.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in favor of any war we enter where we aren't there to win it swiftly and decisively.

Playing cat and mouse with words and war games does nothing to deter their nuclear ambitions and you know it.

Like I said, I am not in favor of going to war if we are not there to win.

There’s a dangerous pacifist mentality that has spread to both conservatives and liberals. I’m not saying we should go to war with Iran at this moment or in the future, but war sometimes is a necessary evil. To draw a line in the sand and be against war no matter what circumstances are presented is a proven dangerous foreign policy.

You sound like a violent kook, Iran's not the one shooting into crowd massacring people (Zionist Israel is)

Uh, facilities and capabilities that they can rebuild and regain.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in favor of any war we enter where we aren't there to win it swiftly and decisively.

Like I said, I am not in favor of going to war if we are not there to win.
The days of "winning" wars are long over.

We are a nation divided and short of an act of war like Pearl Harbor we will never again be unified enough to engage in and win a war.

Funny how we defeated Germany and Japan in just a few short years with crude weapons but now people think every war must run decades with no end in sight. You either commit to fighting a war to win, or you resign yourself to an endless police action. Trump ain't no cop.
As though Russia never destroyed the Army of Northern Manchuria and never invaded Berlin from the east.

There’s a dangerous pacifist mentality that has spread to both conservatives and liberals. I’m not saying we should go to war with Iran at this moment or in the future, but war sometimes is a necessary evil. To draw a line in the sand and be against war no matter what circumstances are presented is a proven dangerous foreign policy.

You sound like a violent kook, Iran's not the one shooting into crowd massacring people (Zionist Israel is)

You have a sickness. Your bitterness is destroying you. Seek help before it’s too late.

Arrogance is what defeated Napoleon

Napoleon was also arguably a madman

Napoleon was a tactical genius, and a madman. Yes. But he got drunk on power and assumed he was unbeatable. It overrode his ability to think strategically.

Arrogance is a disease. And we are all susceptible to it. Even those who lead our armed forces.

We assumed we were invincible on September 10th, 2001. A bunch of hijackers with a twisted religious vendetta showed us how sorely mistaken we were the next morning.

Claim victory? I wasn’t even debating anyone. I agree with the notion that we shouldn’t babysit any other country, but minding our own business is the precise strategy that got us involved in WWII
Enacting economic blockades is minding your own business?

Trump needs to start a war to try and build up his national approval rating. Wag the dog, and make up some huge PR campaign about the opposition country so that the U.S. population hates them and supports the war.

Forum List

Back