Are You a Patient Person?

cookie_monster_impatient.gif

Besides work, I am not very patient. It's a character flaw. When I'm starving and ribs are in the oven, I want to eat them now, not wait 40 something minutes. :D

I wonder if anyone ever died from impatience or being too patient...?

So, last year, a skeleton was found behind the Harvard University administration building. Kind of buried in some shrubs. The police finally identified the body as the winner of the 1965 hide and seek contest.

How patient are you?

Say you're at the jewelry kiosk in Wal-Mart, and you want to have a watch's battery replaced. No one's there. No button to call someone, either. After 4 minutes an associate comes up and says they'll go get someone to help. You wait 12 more minutes. At this point you may be pissed just standing there waiting. Then another associate comes up and says they'll go get someone. 8 more minutes go by. No one comes.

How would you react in a situation like this? Or waiting in a long line? Or caring for someone who belittles you? At the end of the eighth minute I cursed under my breath and left. It was driving me nuts. :lol:

How would you react?

Are you patient?
a mix of both. i'll take the time to do a job right. i'll sit and wait for the perfect shot to get the right picture, i'll spend hrs trying to catch that perfect fish. but I have no patience for stupidity, slowness, apathy, people driving slow in the fast lane, people who thing the world revolves around them.

I'm patient in many respects but not when it comes to poor service. I have also found that once I do get assistance, by being pleasant with the employee, I am more likely to get the service I deserve or even beyond. I always appreciate it when an employee empathizes with me as a customer. I will always express displeasure at waiting around and wasting my time, but never direct that ire at the person who has finally come to assist me, rather I voice the problem with "the store" or "the corporation". I go immediately to a supervisor or manager when an employee is a total moron or an asshole.
This all goes for me too. I am not one of them people who will bite a hand that is nice enough to feed me. If anything, I will say that the help is very much appreciated.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

How long should patience last when you are waiting for your date to come out of the ladies room?

Is there, like, an acceptable upper time limit on this?

Sheesh, percy.

It's a personal thing. It's not globally quantifiable.

How patient are you?

Say you're at the jewelry kiosk in Wal-Mart, and you want to have a watch's battery replaced. No one's there. No button to call someone, either. After 4 minutes an associate comes up and says they'll go get someone to help. You wait 12 more minutes. At this point you may be pissed just standing there waiting. Then another associate comes up and says they'll go get someone. 8 more minutes go by. No one comes.

How would you react in a situation like this? Or waiting in a long line? Or caring for someone who belittles you? At the end of the eighth minute I cursed under my breath and left. It was driving me nuts. :lol:

How would you react?

Are you patient?

This is why I don't shop at Wal Mart.

How patient are you?

How would you react?

Are you patient?

You had to compose a fucking paragraph I had to read through to ask the question?

Twice?

:evil:

How long should patience last when you are waiting for your date to come out of the ladies room?

10 minutes.

If she's not out by then, it's perfectly acceptable to hit on her best friend.

With you there Toro?

That's likely the reason she's taking so long.

10 minutes.

If she's not out by then, it's perfectly acceptable to hit on her best friend.

With you there Toro?

That's likely the reason she's taking so long.

Long?

After I've had my way with her, it'll be the best 2 minutes of her life!

How patient are you?

How would you react?

Are you patient?

I don't have much patience with bad service, so I would probably be pissed. :D

How patient are you?

How would you react?

Are you patient?

I would left before the first person approached the counter.

Why would I go to Walmart to change a battery in a watch that I can change myself in 30 seconds?

Me too. I've never been very shy about speaking my mind...or dealing with people that try my patience.

Forum List

Back