Are you a Yankee or a Rebel?

60% (Dixie). Just under the Mason-Dixon Line

Must be my close proximity to Kentucky. (If there's any Kentuckians participating on the board, J/K.)

Does anyone else use this phrase..."a whole nother thing"? (Instead of "another whole thing")

100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your grandfather?

I wish I was in the land of cotton. Old times there are not forgotten. Look away. Look Away...

pegwinn said:
73% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!

Hey y'all watch this.

I laughed at that particular question. One of the choices was "you all." I also took note that "soda water" was not a choice for carbonated beverage.

mom4 said:
I knew a girl who went to college in New Mexico. She said to order a soft drink there, you order Coke, and then the name. So if you want a Sprite, you say "I'll have a Coke-Sprite." This is probably in the "Coke" category though.

You know you are a Texan if you've ever had this conversation:

"You want a Coke?"

"Sure."

"What kind do you want?"

"Dr. Pepper."

mom4 said:
Does anyone else use this phrase..."a whole nother thing"? (Instead of "another whole thing")

Yeah, I say that sometimes, but I have one that comes up pretty often. I'm never about to do something, or going to do something, I'm always "fixin' to".

Jimmyeatworld said:
You know you are a Texan if you've ever had this conversation:

"You want a Coke?"

"Sure."

"What kind do you want?"

"Dr. Pepper."

HA! HA! I loved that. So original.

GunnyL said:
I laughed at that particular question. One of the choices was "you all." I also took note that "soda water" was not a choice for carbonated beverage.

I had trouble with the "you all" one too. I picked "you all," but the truth is, it does come out "y'all" sometimes.

As for soda water, isn't that what your mama puts on bee stings?

Adam's Apple said:
Does anyone call green peppers "mangos"?
I have heard of that, but around here, it's green peppers, bell peppers, or sweet peppers. (The last two can be green, orange, or yellow.)

Forum List

Back