Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Democrats don’t like the poor so keep it high.
Stay informed.

(R) are making the cuts to SNAP.

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

Trump (October 2019): America is great again.

Biden (October 2023); We are in deep shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dummy, Trump left office in 2021.

You know who is better off than when we had a raging Covid-19 recession?

Almost everyone, except maybe drug dealers.

Hell no

The Inflation tax is fucking everyone with no vasoline in the whole country.

Everyone who shut down the country for Corona should be tarred and feathered and made to cluck like a chicken
Inflation has fucked US and the Democrat policies have exacerbated inflation. Democrats play this game that inflation is coming down a couple of points while they gloss over the fact that it shot up to a record high under their watch, their policies and where we are at now is still substantially higher than we should be.

I am most certainly better off now than I was when Trump had things...."great".
Making more money. Investments doing very well (because I take an active interest in managing them). Mortgage almost paid off.
Best of all, I don't have to wake up and see an orange spray tanned fraud who stood up in front of the country and once asked if UV light could be introduced into the body "in some other way". :auiqs.jpg:
Yeah, that's almost as stupid as using chemical weapons to treat cancer, or poison flowers to treat heart attacks, or rat poison to treat blood clots.

Wait...all of those were actually done, and all of those actually worked.

Does it matter? Much of our food costs twice what it did three years ago.
False.
Give me 10 items that cost twice as much today, as they did 3 years ago.
Provide the price today and 3 years ago.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 11.41.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 11.43.17 PM.png

I'm here to learn, please educate me.

The Math>>>>>>........ 323.6 - 271.0 = 52.6 difference.
52.6 / 271.0 = 19.4

19.4 % Increase From Jan 2021 to August 2023

These numbers represent a definite INCREASE, yes, prices have gone up, no one is arguing that. 19.4% is NOT double.

C'mon.
Numbers Don't lie, unless you claim this chart is BS.
What do you say?

This Is How Much Home Values Have Increased Since 2019 — And It’s Not Pretty

Average Home Value Increase​

There are several sources of data to turn to for a general overview of how much United States’ home values have increased since 2019. Redfin, the real estate site and brokerage, found that the national median sale price for May 2019 was $297,000. Flash forward to May 2022 and that same number increased to $431,000, which represents a whopping 45 percent increase.

While 100 % isnt the deal its gone through the roof.

Anyone who states stating....Oh Great your home value is going up, just dont remember or choose to forget the crash that nearly caused a depression. Or realistically just postponed it.

Bottom line. Average Joes are getting fucked while Wankers in here are going its all your own fault.

In a way it is. Weve allowed these corrupt politicians to financially destroy us. We gave them total access to spend anyway they please and they have greedly lined their own pockets.

After the reset they will make you beg for sandwich. Saying we will save you when they burned our house down.

False.
Give me 10 items that cost twice as much today, as they did 3 years ago.
Provide the price today and 3 years ago.

View attachment 850112

View attachment 850113

I'm here to learn, please educate me.

The Math>>>>>>........ 323.6 - 271.0 = 52.6 difference.
52.6 / 271.0 = 19.4

19.4 % Increase From Jan 2021 to August 2023

These numbers represent a definite INCREASE, yes, prices have gone up, no one is arguing that. 19.4% is NOT double.

C'mon.
Numbers Don't lie, unless you claim this chart is BS.
What do you say?
Google is the god you worship, everything on McDonald's menu doubled

While 100 % isnt the deal its gone through the roof.

Anyone who states stating....Oh Great your home value is going up, just dont remember or choose to forget the crash that nearly caused a depression. Or realistically just postponed it.

Bottom line. Average Joes are getting fucked while Wankers in here are going its all your own fault.

In a way it is. Weve allowed these corrupt politicians to financially destroy us. We gave them total access to spend anyway they please and they have greedly lined their own pockets.

After the reset they will make you beg for sandwich. Saying we will save you when they burned our house down.
1698579847444.png

Specifically, how did your finances change under Trump?

And specifically, how did they suddenly change under Biden?
I don't want to make it sound as though my wife and I are wealthy. We're not. I prefer the word comfortable. So while we have noticed higher food prices they are of no consequence to us. They have no affect on our lifestyle. I can, however, appreciate that is not the case for millions of Americans for whom inflation has been a burden. To be more specific, my stock portfolio has recovered nicely since the Fed started its rate tightening cycle so we are better off now than we were after the COVID crash. Though I should say I'm an active investor, not someone who just owns index funds so my portfolio's performance is likely better than most.

However, regarding the Biden years, I do not think a cyclical bout with inflation rises to the level of being as problematic as the existential threat to democracy posed by Trump. I make that statement fully understanding devotees of Trump just can't see it. Possibly because of this phenomenon.

Most Republicans say Trump didn’t even try to overturn the election

The Economist and YouGov this week became the latest to publish a head-scratching poll showing Republicans rejecting basic facts about Trump and his legal jeopardy.

The poll asked people whether Trump was “involved in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia.” He, of course, was. Myriad pieces of evidence make that abundantly clear. We have a literal recording of him asking Georgia’s secretary of state to “find” just enough votes to overcome his deficit, and Trump on the call explicitly cited “flipping” the results in the state.

But to most Republicans, this apparently never happened. Just 18 percent in the YouGov poll said Trump was involved in trying to overturn Georgia’s results, compared to 59 percent who say he wasn’t.
It’s now the second poll to show the vast majority of Republicans saying Trump wasn’t even involved in trying to overturn the election. YouGov asked similar, non-Georgia-specific questions in August. Republicans said just 38-30 percent that there was an attempt to overturn the election. That’s shocking in and of itself. But then it showed only half of that 38 percent said Trump was personally involved.

If Repubs can deny Trump's involvement in the attempt to overturn the election then their capacity for distorting reality knows no limit.

You know things are bad when SNL makes fun of this country. Hilariously too btw. 🤣 (I don't know much about Mike Johnson but it's still funny in my book.)

Last edited:
Since the buying power of my income has decreased more than 20% since Potatohead stole the election then I don't think I am not even close to being better off.

We haven't come close to seeing the disastrous effects of Potatohead allowing the millions of Illegals come into this country or the long range effects of his stupid energy policy.

Anybody that voted for Potatohead is an idiot.

I don't want to make it sound as though my wife and I are wealthy. We're not. I prefer the word comfortable. So while we have noticed higher food prices they are of no consequence to us. They have no affect on our lifestyle. I can, however, appreciate that is not the case for millions of Americans for whom inflation has been a burden. To be more specific, my stock portfolio has recovered nicely since the Fed started its rate tightening cycle so we are better off now than we were after the COVID crash. Though I should say I'm an active investor, not someone who just owns index funds so my portfolio's performance is likely better than most.

However, regarding the Biden years, I do not think a cyclical bout with inflation rises to the level of being as problematic as the existential threat to democracy posed by Trump. I make that statement fully understanding devotees of Trump just can't see it. Possibly because of this phenomenon.

Most Republicans say Trump didn’t even try to overturn the election

The Economist and YouGov this week became the latest to publish a head-scratching poll showing Republicans rejecting basic facts about Trump and his legal jeopardy.

The poll asked people whether Trump was “involved in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia.” He, of course, was. Myriad pieces of evidence make that abundantly clear. We have a literal recording of him asking Georgia’s secretary of state to “find” just enough votes to overcome his deficit, and Trump on the call explicitly cited “flipping” the results in the state.

But to most Republicans, this apparently never happened. Just 18 percent in the YouGov poll said Trump was involved in trying to overturn Georgia’s results, compared to 59 percent who say he wasn’t.
It’s now the second poll to show the vast majority of Republicans saying Trump wasn’t even involved in trying to overturn the election. YouGov asked similar, non-Georgia-specific questions in August. Republicans said just 38-30 percent that there was an attempt to overturn the election. That’s shocking in and of itself. But then it showed only half of that 38 percent said Trump was personally involved.

If Repubs can deny Trump's involvement in the attempt to overturn the election then their capacity for distorting reality knows no limit.
What I found in the UK, when government flip flops between Conservative and Labour ( thankfully Labour don't get into power much) it doesn't really effect you. Ok, something's go up and other things go down. Each party tends to screw other things up in the background.

But you tend to find, referring back to America, pro Biden's will say they're were worse off under Trump and vice versa.

So to get a true answer when you ask someone , "We're you better off under Trump/Biden", always take the answer with a pinch of salt because 99% of them are biased.

Forum List

Back