Arizona broadcast text message I just received: Mi Familia Vota

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This is a broadcast text just sent out Oct. 8th :

"Mi Familia Vota. The voter registration deadline in Arizona has been extended to October 23rd giving our immigrant communities more time to make our voices heard. Are you and your family registered to vote? Register at xxxx or call our voter hotline at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

This is bullshit. Arizona authorities are working hard to turn the state blue with this crap.

"Mi Familia Vota. The voter registration deadline in Arizona has been extended to October 23rd giving our immigrant communities more time to make our voices heard. Are you and your family registered to vote? Register at xxxx or call our voter hotline at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

This is bullshit. Arizona authorities are working hard to turn the state blue with this crap.
Every citizen has the right and the duty to vote. I applaud any efforts to that end.

Every citizen has the right and the duty to vote. I applaud any efforts to that end.
No duh. The problem here is when the state gets involved in helping a specific group that clearly favors one candidate to get registered to vote.

No duh. The problem here is when the state gets involved in helping a specific group that clearly favors one candidate to get registered to vote.

Anyone can take advantage of the longer registration period...the decision favors no candidate over others.

They extended it for the whole state. If you got a problem, drive over and try to find some people that might vote trump and McSally, but you better get them to register by the 23rd. Last two poll I saw had Kelly up between 8 and 10. Would not be surprised if state votes Dem this election. It is the trump factor.

Anyone can take advantage of the longer registration period...the decision favors no candidate over others.
True, but the broadcast text message is SPECIFICALLY targeting immigrant families to take advantage of the extended registration time.

True, but the broadcast text message is SPECIFICALLY targeting immigrant families to take advantage of the extended registration time.

Are we sure it came from the State?

Sounds like Arizona is more interested in ensuring that every illegal alien has the right to vote.

Good for them. You have no idea who they are voting for..I hear soooo much about how Trump is getting the Hispanic vote..so it might help your side, right?

Sounds like Arizona is more interested in ensuring that every illegal alien has the right to vote.
Sounds like you are jumping to an ignorant conclusion--which, after all...is no surprise.~

Sounds like you are jumping to an ignorant conclusion--which, after all...is no surprise.~

How is it ignorant? The ad is encouraging family votes in Spanish - which by definition will include non-citizens. This is democrats encouraging illegal voting - yet again.

How is it ignorant? The ad is encouraging family votes in Spanish - which by definition will include non-citizens. This is democrats encouraging illegal voting - yet again.
Nope..only in your fevered imagination would you equate speaking Spanish with illegal immigrants--who BTW come in all languages. It is an informational notice direct at US citizens who speak Spanish--of which, to your perpetual chagrin, there are many.

The notice is directed at citizens--which, by definition, to coin a phrase, are NOT illegals.

Forum List

Back