Arizona man carrying handgun in waistband shoots himself in the groin in Walmart meat department

I sometimes get my authentic WW2 German pistol out
I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it
and I still keep it pointed away from everyone--even though no mag/no rounds

Well it must have been one of the new modern ones with no hammer or safety. One comes to mind. Glock. saw a new story of a guy who shot himself in the leg. He was carrying a Glock in a holster and the safety harness caught it just right to fire it. The holster strap held the butt safety down and the safety lock hit the trigger.

I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it

Rule #1 - "No such thing as an "unloaded" firearm."

Luger, Walther, Astra, Browning HI-Power, CZ, FEG, FN, Mauser, Radon, Steyr, or Sauer? Krauts used alot of different pistols.

I had a Czech CZ27 .32 ACP that some German artillery equivalent of a "Staff Sergeant" captured and carried during WW2. Wish I'd kept it..

cz27_1.jpg

cz27_8.jpg

Well it must have been one of the new modern ones with no hammer or safety. One comes to mind. Glock. saw a new story of a guy who shot himself in the leg. He was carrying a Glock in a holster and the safety harness caught it just right to fire it. The holster strap held the butt safety down and the safety lock hit the trigger.

That's called "Glock leg." The safety mechanism is on the trigger so if your clothing gets snagged in the trigger guard when you insert it into the holster, you can crease your leg. Pretyt common among law-enforcement officers, but Glocks are always ready when you need them.

I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it

Luger, Walther, Astra, Browning HI-Power, CZ, FEG, FN, Mauser, Radon, Steyr, or Sauer? Krauts used alot of different pistols.

I had a Czech CZ27 .32 ACP that some German artillery equivalent of a "Staff Sergeant" carried during WW2. Wish I'd kept it..

cz27_1.jpg

cz27_8.jpg
I've got a 27 ..let me get the pics
my uncle brought it back with MAJOR souvenirs

I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it

I had a Czech CZ27 .32 ACP that some German artillery equivalent of a "Staff Sergeant" captured and carried during WW2. Wish I'd kept it..

cz27_1.jpg

cz27_8.jpg
I posted it on USMB before

Accidents will always exist.

Very few accidents are truly accidental. They all contain a small or large percentage of negligence.

That is particularly true of modern firearms, they don't just 'go off'. You can drop them, throw them, subject them to all manner of torture, they won't fire unless a very specific series of actions are taken.

That being said, only an idiot (or a criminal) carries without a holster. If for no other reason than to keep fingers, and other things, off the trigger.
I don't own a pistol or firearm that does not have a positive safety. This mean the hammer does not drop when the trigger is pulled, or the hammer can discharge a round if it is hit.

Accidents will always exist.

Very few accidents are truly accidental. They all contain a small or large percentage of negligence.

That is particularly true of modern firearms, they don't just 'go off'. You can drop them, throw them, subject them to all manner of torture, they won't fire unless a very specific series of actions are taken.

That being said, only an idiot (or a criminal) carries without a holster. If for no other reason than to keep fingers, and other things, off the trigger.
I don't own a pistol or firearm that does not have a positive safety. This mean the hammer does not drop when the trigger is pulled, or the hammer can discharge a round if it is hit.

Hammered pistols are ok, if they're double-action. Most pistols are plunger-fired, but hammer-fired are still around.

Best one ever is the Colt 1911 or any 1911-clone. They're the only hammer-fired pistol you can carry in condition-0. That is with one in the chamber, hammer cocked, and safety off. They also have a grip safety, so that's usually how they're carried.

That's called "Glock leg." The safety mechanism is on the trigger so if your clothing gets snagged in the trigger guard when you insert it into the holster, you can crease your leg. Pretyt common among law-enforcement officers, but Glocks are always ready when you need them.

I just had to take these...I can't find my CD with the good pics

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 32
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 32
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 28
What kind of idiot stuffs a pistol in his waistband, instead of using a holster?

Hey idiot! Next time get a DeSantis, Safariland, or a Don Hume. Or better yet, get a Milt Sparks. I've been carrying this one in a Milt Sparks every day for the last 8 years and haven't shot my dick off yet...

milt%20sparks.jpg

Where do you put it when you wear your tight pants?

Nice! That's only the second one of those I've seen. From what I could find, they were popular among German soldiers.

What kind of idiot stuffs a pistol in his waistband, instead of using a holster?

Hey idiot! Next time get a DeSantis, Safariland, or a Don Hume. Or better yet, get a Milt Sparks. I've been carrying this one in a Milt Sparks every day for the last 8 years and haven't shot my dick off yet...

milt%20sparks.jpg

That's an "inside waistband" holster. It goes between the pants and tshirt, with the belt going through the loops. It has good retention and is almost like it's not even there, and you can wear your pants as loose as you want.

I tied about 10 different holster before I chose this one. Outside waistband holsters are good, but they're bulky.

milt%20sparks.jpg

That's an "inside waistband" holster. It goes between the pants and tshirt, with the belt going through the loops. It has good retention and is almost like it's not even there, and you can wear your pants as loose as you want.

I tied about 10 different holster before I chose this one. Outside waistband holsters are good, but they're bulky.

So you have a teeny tiny weiner?

milt%20sparks.jpg

Actually it's normal-sized, if you really need to know. Shooting yourself in the wiener can be repaired. Shooting yourself in the femoral artery means that you get to bleed out and die within a few minutes. So you generally want something that you can wear at the 3 or 4 o'clock position and angled, so it's pointed behind you.

milt%20sparks.jpg

Actually it's normal-sized, if you really need to know. Shooting yourself in the wiener can be repaired. Shooting yourself in the femoral artery means that you get to bleed out and die within a few minutes. So you generally want something that you can wear at the 3 or 4 o'clock position and angled, so it's pointed behind you.

Just messing with you..:)

Nice! That's only the second one of those I've seen. From what I could find, they were popular among German soldiers.
I intensely researched them about 3 years ago
here's a link:
Pistolen der deutschen Wehrmacht

milt%20sparks.jpg

Just messing with you..:)

I knew that. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back