Arizona man carrying handgun in waistband shoots himself in the groin in Walmart meat department

I sometimes get my authentic WW2 German pistol out
I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it
and I still keep it pointed away from everyone--even though no mag/no rounds

My father was in Patton's command and when the war ended Patton had around 2 divisions of Wehrmacht and they were allowed to keep all their weapons, tanks and artillery. Patton's intention was to add those German Divisions to the 3d Army and move to Moscow, arrest Stalin and defeat the Russian Army. He firmly believed it was going to proceed but when Ike found out about it he had a conniption fit and ordered the Germans to disarm. My father had a German officer in his company he became friends with and the officer told my dad he could buy his 9mm Luger. In the end my dad got the Luger for a carton of Camels that cost about 75 cents at the time. It's still in the family somewhere.

I sometimes get my authentic WW2 German pistol out
I don't put the mag in
never had rounds for it
and I still keep it pointed away from everyone--even though no mag/no rounds

My father was in Patton's command and when the war ended Patton had around 2 divisions of Wehrmacht and they were allowed to keep all their weapons, tanks and artillery. Patton's intention was to add those German Divisions to the 3d Army and move to Moscow, arrest Stalin and defeat the Russian Army. He firmly believed it was going to proceed but when Ike found out about it he had a conniption fit and ordered the Germans to disarm. My father had a German officer in his company he became friends with and the officer told my dad he could buy his 9mm Luger. In the end my dad got the Luger for a carton of Camels that cost about 75 cents at the time. It's still in the family somewhere.
need to find that!
...I remember I was not going to re-up in the service, and I gave my personal binoculars to a Honduran soldier ...
...my grandfather had a Thompson...he lived way out west, and we never really communicated....I'm trying to find out about it

Carrying a firearm in such a manner that it could be discharged so easily is not an accident, it is an invitation.

Accidents will always exist.

Very few accidents are truly accidental. They all contain a small or large percentage of negligence.

That is particularly true of modern firearms, they don't just 'go off'. You can drop them, throw them, subject them to all manner of torture, they won't fire unless a very specific series of actions are taken.

That being said, only an idiot (or a criminal) carries without a holster. If for no other reason than to keep fingers, and other things, off the trigger.

Someone should ask recently-neutered idiot to recite the four rules of firearms safety, off the top of his head. You'd be surprised how many idiots I see at the range who either don't know them, or don't practice them.
that's what humans do
in my 8 years in the USMC, I think we had one ''accidental'' discharge -no one hit

I haven't seen an accidental discharge, but have seen an inordinate amount of "muzzle-sweeping", and have had to chew out a few people's asses and tell them to keep that effing thing pointed downrange.
....now that you mention the range=I was at a civilian range once, and they said we could not fire more than 1 round per 3 seconds...I think it was about every 3 seconds ...something like that
...what's with that?

Must have been one of those well trained concealed weapon people that we should not be concerned about because there is never a chance one of those assfucks could never accidentally shoot anyone.

Didn't need that junk anyway...

That's why they make holsters people.
If you are not going to use a holster, they make these quickly ejected trigger guards that prevent the trigger from firing the gun.

s-l300.jpg

trigger-guard-only-on-XDs.jpg

What kind of idiot stuffs a pistol in his waistband, instead of using a holster?

Hey idiot! Next time get a DeSantis, Safariland, or a Don Hume. Or better yet, get a Milt Sparks. I've been carrying this one in a Milt Sparks every day for the last 8 years and haven't shot my dick off yet...

milt%20sparks.jpg
What kind of idiot does this you ask? A pussified clown who`s afraid to leave his home unarmed. I played cowboys when I was a child but I outgrew that.

Lol
Shit happens...
firearms have no control over people...
Much like Suicide... It’s incurable because it’s the most cowardly act anyone can do.
Firearm ownership is an right, no amount of frivolous gun control laws will save a single soul...

I can't imagine standing at the meat case, looking at the pork chops, when all of a sudden there is a bang and the guy next to me is screaming and bleeding from his you-know-where.
How confusing.
That is what I always said to the students who talked about carrying a machete down their baggy pants leg. You're gonna cut off the family jewels!

I can't imagine standing at the meat case, looking at the pork chops, when all of a sudden there is a bang and the guy next to me is screaming and bleeding from his you-know-where.
How confusing.
That is what I always said to the students who talked about carrying a machete down their baggy pants leg. You're gonna cut off the family jewels!
There is basic gun safety.

Putting a loaded gun next to the family jewels unprotected does not fall into the category of gun safety.

That last time I had an accidental discharge I was 12 in 7th grade and in English class. That chick had on the shortest dress I ever saw in my 12 years on the planet.

Forum List

Back