Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

aaaah !! the Great State of Arizona !! i love it !!

IF i owned a non franchised restaurant business here that serves the public and a black chinese-mexican muslime liberal homo come in and started exposing his/her ideals, i would kick the qweer bastard/bitch out on their ass :up: .... :lmao:

OTH.., if that same person came in sat down and made their order and kept their personal and political views and ideals to their self, i would have no problem with that customer at all :up:

THANK YOU ARIZONA !!

Judge orders Colorado baker to serve gay couples - NBC News
The order from administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver discriminated against a couple "because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage."

The order says the cake-maker must "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples. Although the judge did not impose fines in this case, the business will face penalties if it continues to turn away gay couples who want to buy cakes.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint against shop owner Jack Phillips with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission last year on behalf of Charlie Craig, 33, and David Mullins, 29. The couple was married in Massachusetts and wanted a wedding cake to celebrate in Colorado.

Nicolle Martin, an attorney for Masterpiece Cakeshop, said the judge's order puts Phillips in an impossible position of going against his Christian faith. "He can't violate his conscience in order to collect a paycheck," she said. "If Jack can't make wedding cakes, he can't continue to support his family. And in order to make wedding cakes, Jack must violate his belief system. That is a reprehensible choice. It is antithetical to everything America stands for."

The Civil Rights Commission is expected to certify the judge's order next week. Phillips can appeal the judge's order, and Martin said they're considering their next steps.

If Jesus were alive today, he'd side with the gays because of how the so-called Christians treat them.

Actually, I don't think that would be the reason, but I agree with you as to whose side he would take. As he stated, paraphrased, the healthy do not need a doctor, the sick do. He came to save the sinner not the "righteous".

He also took the side of the prostitute, when the crowd, many of whom may have used her services, wanted to stone her.

And just for the record, I do not consider the gay community to be more sinful than myself or any of those who condemn them.

If Jesus were alive today, he'd side with the gays because of how the so-called Christians treat them.

Actually, I don't think that would be the reason, but I agree with you as to whose side he would take. As he stated, paraphrased, the healthy do not need a doctor, the sick do. He came to save the sinner not the "righteous".

He also took the side of the prostitute, when the crowd, many of whom may have used her services, wanted to stone her.

And just for the record, I do not consider the gay community to be more sinful than myself or any of those who condemn them.

Jesus did side with the prostitute, but he told her to go and sin no more. She stopped being a prostitute. Jesus would most certainly side with the gays, but they would have to stop engaging in homosexual behavior to be saved. Jesus never told the crowd that they had to accept prostitution as a legitimate method of making money nor urge the crowd to teach their children that prostitution was okay and their children should be prostitutes.

Judge orders Colorado baker to serve gay couples - NBC News
The order from administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver discriminated against a couple "because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage."

The order says the cake-maker must "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples. Although the judge did not impose fines in this case, the business will face penalties if it continues to turn away gay couples who want to buy cakes.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint against shop owner Jack Phillips with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission last year on behalf of Charlie Craig, 33, and David Mullins, 29. The couple was married in Massachusetts and wanted a wedding cake to celebrate in Colorado.

Nicolle Martin, an attorney for Masterpiece Cakeshop, said the judge's order puts Phillips in an impossible position of going against his Christian faith. "He can't violate his conscience in order to collect a paycheck," she said. "If Jack can't make wedding cakes, he can't continue to support his family. And in order to make wedding cakes, Jack must violate his belief system. That is a reprehensible choice. It is antithetical to everything America stands for."

The Civil Rights Commission is expected to certify the judge's order next week. Phillips can appeal the judge's order, and Martin said they're considering their next steps.

It can't be true that Jack can't support his family unless he makes wedding cakes. Bake something else. If all he made was wedding cakes, he wasn't making a living anyway. There is no doubt that Masterpiece Bakery had other baked goods to sell.

It can't be true that Jack can't support his family unless he makes wedding cakes. Bake something else. If all he made was wedding cakes, he wasn't making a living anyway. There is no doubt that Masterpiece Bakery had other baked goods to sell.
Ever bought a wedding cake?

Jesus did side with the prostitute, but he told her to go and sin no more. She stopped being a prostitute. Jesus would most certainly side with the gays, but they would have to stop engaging in homosexual behavior to be saved. Jesus never told the crowd that they had to accept prostitution as a legitimate method of making money nor urge the crowd to teach their children that prostitution was okay and their children should be prostitutes.

How do you know that Jesus and/or the disciples were not gay themselves? Jesus never uttered a single word against homosexuality. Being gay is not a sin, it is simply taking the concept of loving your fellow man literally. ;) OTOH hating gays is most definitely a sin since it flies in the face of Jesus telling you to love one another.

Unless his store specifically advertises as a wedding cake bakery.

Arizona has always sucked. How can there be white racists in a state named ARIZONA? Do they even know the history of their own state? Why don't all of the white sexist racist Christian assholes who seem to dominate Arizona vote to change the name to something white? Like "Reagan" or "Jesus Land".

There's an idea for sexist, racist, homophobic jackass Republican Teabaggers. All of the stupid white Conservative Christians in red states need to vote in solidarity to change their states' names from anything French or Spanish or Indian, because after all, English is God's Language.

Ever bought a wedding cake?

Nope. But I know several bakeries that don't sell wedding cakes at all. Paris Bakery in Westwood used to make wedding cakes. Then it was bought out by muslims who refused to make wedding cakes for Christian weddings. They just stopped making wedding cakes. They make everything else. Friends of mine got a cake from there for their wedding. It was a beautiful cake, covered in delicate flowers, but it wasn't a "wedding" cake. It was just a highly decorated cake you could off the shelf. Paris Bakery does a huge business without wedding cakes.

I would agree with most of this. Where I hope you are wrong is in the requirement that they, they being all sinners including me, sin no more to be saved. Because as much as I would like to, I cannot figure out how to stop sinning. If I were able to I would. But if I am unable to and it is a requirement that I do, then I am condemned to eternity in Hell from the very beginning. I cannot stop sinning. And my continued attitude towards Progressives on this board is proof of that.

My only plea is upon the Grace of God granted through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

That being the case, I pray that due to the mercy of the almighty, that same Grace is extended to members of the Gay Community.

PS when or if you have figured out how to cease sinning, I welcome you as my tutor.

Equal rights is a concept that applies to government, not general society. We've become confused about this issue.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I know. That's the problem.

The irony of it all is, as we continue with the delusional attempt to force everyone to treat each other equally, government becomes more and more discriminatory. This isn't a coincidence. If you task the government with trying to enforce equal rights in a social context, you must create a policy that treats people decidedly unequally. You can't have both equal rights under the law and the sort of social justice that liberals yearn for.

Wrong. Your government gives everyone the same protected rights on the one hand, but on the other hand, subjects everyone with the same limitations on those rights.

Where's the injustice?

As already correctly noted, this law would have the unintended consequence of allowing discrimination with regard to all religious beliefs, including those who belong to certain social organizations perceived as ‘offensive’ to any number of religious doctrines.

This law was poorly considered and written, and should be vetoed for that reason alone.

I surely did. Got it knocked out on a summary judgment. They could not prove that I was in the business of painting portraits.

Are you saying you lied under oath?

I didn't need to. They brought the case. A summary judgment means that everything the plaintiff said is true. And there is still no cause of action. In my case they could not prove that I was in the business of painting portraits or anything else either. They sued my business too. They proved my business was dog grooming but they didn't own a dog so that got tossed right away. I had a tremendous amount of fun with them and their gay lawyer too.

You didn't NEED to? So you were going to? You were going to lie under oath after swearing to God?

You misled someone, clearly. Did those gays? Seems they were the honest ones. I would trust them more than you. The question becomes, "What kind of person are you?"

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I know. That's the problem.

The irony of it all is, as we continue with the delusional attempt to force everyone to treat each other equally, government becomes more and more discriminatory. This isn't a coincidence. If you task the government with trying to enforce equal rights in a social context, you must create a policy that treats people decidedly unequally. You can't have both equal rights under the law and the sort of social justice that liberals yearn for.

Wrong. Your government gives everyone the same protected rights on the one hand, but on the other hand, subjects everyone with the same limitations on those rights.

Where's the injustice?

I'm afraid I'm as confounded with your logic as you (apparently) are with mine. I can make no sense of this.

Forum List

Back