Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Voter ID Law

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas judge struck down the state's new voter ID law on Thursday, saying it violates the state constitution by adding a requirement that voters must meet before casting a ballot.

Pulaski County Circuit Judge Tim Fox voided the measure in a lawsuit over the way absentee ballots are handled under the law. A separate lawsuit had been filed last week directly challenging the law, which requires voters to show photo identification before casting a ballot.

The law "is declared void and unenforceable," Fox wrote in the ruling.

Arkansas judge voids state voter ID law

This is part of the ruling:

McDaniel issued a legal opinion in February in which he said absentee voters could not be given additional time to cast ballots, because that wasn't specified in the law. His opinion conflicted with advice that the Republican secretary of state's office had given to local election officials.

It will be appealed and this ignorant, Dimocrat stooge will be over-ruled.

Perhaps.

What I like about this is that both sides have plenty of time to work out a consensus, whether in legislature, or have the court's ruling overturned.

What nobody is willing talk about is that in this national campaign by Democrats to fight these eminently reasonable requirements, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID AND INSUBSTANTIAL TO EVEN HAVE A FUCKING ID CARD!

In short, the core of the Democrat constituency. Take away the idiots, and they will never win another election.

6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

I'm ready to give up fighting for ID at the polls, as long as we go back to the old way.

A voter stands in front of the election worker and in a loud clear voice announces their name and address.

The change I would make is now they have to announce their birth date also.

With the advent of electronic poll books it is the fastest way to identify a voter.

Parties, committees, and candidates need to have poll watchers at the polls to challenge voters they don't think are eligible.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas judge struck down the state's new voter ID law on Thursday, saying it violates the state constitution by adding a requirement that voters must meet before casting a ballot.

Pulaski County Circuit Judge Tim Fox voided the measure in a lawsuit over the way absentee ballots are handled under the law. A separate lawsuit had been filed last week directly challenging the law, which requires voters to show photo identification before casting a ballot.

MHO:
These voter ID laws are going to have to be reviewed on a case by case basis with deference to state constitutions. As a rule, I don't think being asked to produce a Photo ID - as long as these IDs are free and easily available - is asking too much.

Sounds to me as if the Arkansas legislature did a crappy job of writing THIS particular law. We'll have to wait to see how this plays out I guess.

Dear nodoginnafight, the issue is not whether the law is written properly, it is the individual political bias of the judge/justice.

OF COURSE, showing an ID is not "asking too much." There are hundreds of constitutionally-protected entitlements and privileges that cannot be accessed unless you can prove who the fuck you are! It's all about protecting the right to commit electoral fraud, which Dems have been doing for generations. It is ironic to the point of hilarity that they all say, in effect, "Since we are rarely caught at it, there is no fraud, and no legitimate reason for voter ID."

Dear nodoginnafight, the issue is not whether the law is written properly, it is the individual political bias of the judge/justice.

OF COURSE, showing an ID is not "asking too much." There are hundreds of constitutionally-protected entitlements and privileges that cannot be accessed unless you can prove who the fuck you are! It's all about protecting the right to commit electoral fraud, which Dems have been doing for generations. It is ironic to the point of hilarity that they all say, in effect, "Since we are rarely caught at it, there is no fraud, and no legitimate reason for voter ID."

I hate to mess with your rant - but courts have upheld better written voter ID laws. Arkansas obviously screwed the pooch.

But I guess it's just easier to blame a conspiracy.

This is part of the ruling:

McDaniel issued a legal opinion in February in which he said absentee voters could not be given additional time to cast ballots, because that wasn't specified in the law. His opinion conflicted with advice that the Republican secretary of state's office had given to local election officials.

It will be appealed and this ignorant, Dimocrat stooge will be over-ruled.

so sayeth the great *constitutionalist*.

An I.D. is not going to stop people registering in multiple states or the dead still registered..Each state has a Constitution and voter I.D.s were never considered when the Constitution of that state was written..

An I.D. is not going to stop people registering in multiple states or the dead still registered..Each state has a Constitution and voter I.D.s were never considered when the Constitution of that state was written..

In truth this has nothing to do with preventing fraud, only liars or fools believe that bullshit. It has everything to do with voter suppression. The R's can't win on ideas or their record, thus they appeal to single issue voters and the base values of human beings - greed, bigotry and racism - and use hate and fear to quell thinking.

Last edited:
so sayeth the great *constitutionalist*.

democrats support election fraud; or more accurately, DEMAND election fraud. The problem is, the arguments used to support fraud are absurd. My favorite is "ID disenfranchises the poor." Funny, doesn't seem to "disenfranchise" them when they use their SNAP benefits, which require photo ID.

None of the bullshit that leftist spew to promote election fraud holds water. With even a cursory review it becomes clear that the ONLY reason to oppose voter ID is to promote election fraud.

Well duh...

If it wasn't, you wouldn't fight it.

There is only ONE reason to oppose voter ID - because you support election fraud. There is no other reason - period. We all know it, every last one of us.

Voter ID laws have been traditionally upheld in federal court. This issue is not done. There are states who have had these laws on the books for decades.

Are blacks not able to vote in Georgia? Are all the bullshit claims that showing ID to vote is the same things as Jim Crow laws come to fruition in those states that have had voter ID laws for decades?

Rational people, average Americans that are not completely beholden to leftist propaganda do not believe showing photo ID to vote is paramount to racial discrimination or Jim Crow laws because those claims are patently, laughable absurd.

A liberal judge rules for inequality under the law.

Color Me surprised.

In truth this has nothing to do with preventing fraud, only liars or fools believe that bullshit. It has everything to do with voter suppression. The R's can't win on ideas or their record, thus they appeal to single issue voters and the base values of human beings - greed, bigotry and racism - and use hate and fear to quell thinking.

Isn't it grand when Democrats admit that Republicans are smart enough to get their voter IDs, but Democrats are not that smart. Now, we need them to clarify exactly which Democrat voters are not smart enough to get a photo ID. I will bet dollars to doughnuts that they are talking about Black and Hispanic voters. Just more of that soft core racism.

Them Thar Black and Brown Democrats just ain't quite as able to take care of themselves as White Democrats are.

Forum List

Back