Arrogant Obama

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
This is what The Spectator magazine of Britain thinks of Obama's meddling and threat to put Britain "to the back of the queue" if the British exercise their democratic right to vote to leave the EU....Obama thinks he's Dictator of The World apparently :rolleyes-41:

This is the cartoon that accompanies the article:

coverfeature2304.jpg

Obama’s Brexit overreach is typical of his arrogance

The British politicians counting on his endorsement don’t understand the resentment he can cause

Tim Montgomerie

"Nobody could describe Donald Trump as lacking in self-confidence, but the billionaire egomaniac is emotional jelly compared with King Barack. Even before he won the Nobel peace prize, Obama was telling America that his elevation to the presidency would be remembered as ‘the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow’. He doesn’t have Mr Trump’s gold-plated helicopter, private jet, penthouse and yacht. But when it comes to self-reverence and sheer hauteur there is no one to beat him.

Someone who believes his political personality can reverse global warming will have no doubts about his ability to persuade the British people to stay in the European Union. Just a few of his mellifluous sentences and a flash of those teeth and surely the British people will go weak at the knees! The polls show that Britain is split on the EU, so King Barack will come and help the nation resolve its indecision — to the delight of David Cameron and George Osborne.

The timing of his visit, halfway through the EU referendum debate, is no accident. There is a longstanding international understanding that world leaders don’t visit during election campaigns — but such conventions were obviously designed for lesser mortals. Obama has no qualms and the Prime Minister has no shame: he needs every endorsement he can get. The Chancellor is pulling all the strings he can so the likes of the IMF’s Christine Lagarde ask us to stay in. Short of engineering a Second Coming, a visitation from King Barack is to their minds the best plug imaginable.

That enthusiasm does not seem to be shared as much by British voters. Polls show that only 4 per cent of us think Mr -Obama’s primary reason for wanting us to stay in the EU is because ‘he cares about Britain’. A majority of us recognise that Mr Obama finds it easier ‘to deal with Europe as one bloc’.

Snip:

The arrogance is breathtaking but it is far from the only manifestation of, dare I say it, the madness of King Barack. Mr Obama does not let any adviser, voter or foreign leader get in his way. During his two-term presidency, his Democratic party has lost control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate. But King Barack was unimpressed at the verdicts of the people. By royal decree, or as the White House calls it, executive order, he has attempted to stop illegal immigrants being deported, increase the minimum wage, intensify gun regulation and cut greenhouse gas emissions.

All of these policies may be cheered from Europe. But the US constitution is quite clear: it’s the job of the House of Representatives and the Senate to pass laws and it’s the job of the President to either veto or implement them. There is a word for ignoring and overruling the legislative branches of the American government and that word is ‘undemocratic’."

Here's the rest of the article, it's very good, although The Spectator aren't fans of The Donald, they make many excellent points about how arrogant and full of himself Obama is.

Obama’s Brexit overreach is typical of his arrogance

Edited for a different shade.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Soooo you think the U.K. should leave the euro ?

There's the Eurozone, nations that have the Euro currency and then there's the EU, the European Union, Britain isn't in the Eurozone, but it's in the EU.

I want the entire EU to collapse, it's halfway off the cliff already, all that keeps the EU intact is essentially Schengen, and that's halfway off the cliff....even IF Britain votes to remain in the EU, the EU is effectively finished, because Schengen is all but finished.

Euro is the money. And if they want to leave the European Union, it's up to them. It's not working out very well so why should they stay if it isn't in their best interest to do that? Obama seems to think he is smarter than everyone and it just irks some people.

Euro is the money. And if they want to leave the European Union, it's up to them. It's not working out very well so why should they stay if it isn't in their best interest to do that? Obama seems to think he is smarter than everyone and it just irks some people.

The whole EU isn't working, it's increasingly obvious it's a Dictatorship, the so-called "migrant crisis" has completely illustrated this. I'm sorry a nation has a right to control it's own borders and protect it's own population.

How does he think he's smarter than everybody else? Explain.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Too much bold type/10

Well I bolded the type to make it easier to read.
Bold=dizzy
Southern Comfort=my response

Oh sorry, perhaps I'll put it in a different shade that might help.
There is no hope for me dear. Once a week my only mission is to soil my reputation rather than my britches.

I put it in a different shade, especially for you, in the hope it helped.

How about you read the article, I've provided the link to the full article.

Advising the U.K. is out of line. He also went around congress numerous times because he doesn't care what they or the people think about things. We elected people to congress for a reason and Obama is denying our voice when he uses executive privilege. Thinking that he knows more than anyone about how the world should be is arrogant.

Forum List

Back