Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

I liked this one. It had sparklies in it, but I don't think the camera got them.

Not sure if I did a complete pic of the one next to it, but that one was quite busy.

I'll do some more in a bit. Some were so complex and involved, that I have to wonder if the people who made them just spent the entire year working on the one quilt. I wouldn't have been able to finish one in 10 years.

I'll do some more in a bit. Some were so complex and involved, that I have to wonder if the people who made them just spent the entire year working on the one quilt. I wouldn't have been able to finish one in 10 years.
Some people spend a lot time on those quilts. One that caught my eye had a simple color schema, but the work on her border gave it the overall look of a well-done piece of lace. All of the quilts you took were amazing, including the wonky wild color one next to one you liked. I know I've never seen as wonky a schema that looked so intentional. :)

I'm on the tail end of this quilt, I just have to join the 3 pieces into one, then do a border for the Storm at Sea Tall Ships Quilt done to honor Mr. and Mrs. [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION], she having fibromyalgia, and Mr. so supportive of those of us who have the same nemesis by active encouragement for sticking with the quilt program and the help it gives me to ignore pain while I am happily at work on the next quilt. :)

Might as well save a frame and show the progress this morning. First, all squares were completed. Then all horizontal rows were completed, and all four rows on the yin-yang sea waves were joined, and three of the upper sail rows were joined as was the sky row. What is left is to join the two horizontal areas needing to make the 3 pieces 1 and do the border. That could dig into the lunch hour, we'll see. :)

Scan 10 is of the sky row which awaits joining to the topsail row.

Scan 11 is of the topsail row

Scan 12 is of the middle sail row

And it's time to sign off and finish this lil seafaring project! :)

Attachments

• $10 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Sky, Top Row 1.jpg
    $10 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Sky, Top Row 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 39
  • $11 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Sky, Topsail Row 2.jpg
    $11 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Sky, Topsail Row 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 39
  • $12 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Middle Row Sails 5.jpg
    $12 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Middle Row Sails 5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 36
Some people spend a lot time on those quilts. One that caught my eye had a simple color schema, but the work on her border gave it the overall look of a well-done piece of lace. All of the quilts you took were amazing, including the wonky wild color one next to one you liked. I know I've never seen as wonky a schema that looked so intentional. :)

I'm on the tail end of this quilt, I just have to join the 3 pieces into one, then do a border for the Storm at Sea Tall Ships Quilt done to honor Mr. and Mrs. [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION], she having fibromyalgia, and Mr. so supportive of those of us who have the same nemesis by active encouragement for sticking with the quilt program and the help it gives me to ignore pain while I am happily at work on the next quilt. :)

Might as well save a frame and show the progress this morning. First, all squares were completed. Then all horizontal rows were completed, and all four rows on the yin-yang sea waves were joined, and three of the upper sail rows were joined as was the sky row. What is left is to join the two horizontal areas needing to make the 3 pieces 1 and do the border. That could dig into the lunch hour, we'll see. :)

Scan 10 is of the sky row which awaits joining to the topsail row.

Scan 11 is of the topsail row

Scan 12 is of the middle sail row

And it's time to sign off and finish this lil seafaring project! :)

Here come a few more.

This one is a waterfall. Not sure that I really 'get' a quilt being a waterfall, though.

There's more. I'll do more in a bit.

I put lace curtains over the triple pane sliding door in my bedroom today. They arrived yesterday, but I didn't get them up. I had put up some faux slik drapes that make me feel like I was smothering. These preserve my view. I think I need 2 more panels but the 4 swags are just right. I used the gold and sorry this pic isn't very big. But you can get a larger one from Touch of Class. I just can't post the bigger one because it is set to let you zoom in.

I111-001_2.jpg

I wasn't sure how they would look over that glass door, but I really love it. My view is back and they are really pretty. When I paint that room the walls are going to be Valspar Sunset Nude. A nice light color but warm and I expect the room will feel luminous. I thought the faux silk drapes would facilitate that, but they were just too much FAUX. I'm taking them back. I really love these lace ones.

Last edited:
Here come a few more:

This one had sparklies on it.

I have a pic of the one next to it. Will post it in a bit.

Last edited:
I have a few more left. Will try to get them before day is over. And I will try to go back through and see if I missed any of what I got pics of.

Last edited:

All those teenie weenie little blocks make me dizzy!

The half one showing was cool too. I had to pick and choose because my camera batteries were about to crap out on me.
I love the postage stamp chain quilt with floral applique on it. It's someone's master work. Thanks for sharing, Sunshine! I'm so glad you went anyway even though you weren't sure you were up to it the day you talked about going or not. You saw and shared some great quilts. :)

Last edited:
<you must spread some reputation around before giving some to Sunshine again>

Wonderful pictures, Sunshine. I love the quilts you're sharing!

All 8 rows are joined. Then, I mowed some more. The grass is growing. It's hard to push a push mower in waist-high grass and weeds. <huff, puff, huff, puff> I can't move yet. :wtf:

Before going out, however, that quilt did get joined but not bordered. Hasta manana!

Edit: Thanks for your support, Sunshine. On May 1, this quilt was finished in honor of your support of the quilting thread, your tireless work on your family heirloom quilt top, and winning precious years against a disease that is seldom challenged so successfully by one who has it. All our prayers go for your continued successful fight and comfort in place of pain. :thup:

Credits page for Sunshine's Yellow Brick Quilt Top designated for a child with another kind of pain in a shelter for abused families in the Friendship State. It is my 32nd quilt top for 2013 Tall Pines Quilt Guild Charity Bees, and imagine my cheerfulness when Sunshine said she liked the quilt in her childhood favorite color for which she takes as her moniker name--Sunshine. :)

Attachments

• $Sunshine Yellow Brick and Mortar Credit Quilt Top 32.jpg
    $Sunshine Yellow Brick and Mortar Credit Quilt Top 32.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The Storm at Sea Tall Ship Quilt Top is now done. It is being dedicated to Mr. and Mrs. @Spoonman for his consistent support of both this quilting project that has produced as of this morning 33 quilt tops for local charities of the Tall Pines Quilt Guild and sharing Mrs. Spoonman's mutual remedies for fibromyalgia. The sharing has meant a lot to me, and every trick you learn about what helps someone else who has the disease brings one more symptom under control sometimes. And you can hope that what you share that has calmed a couple of demons inside yourself helps them, too.

I still owe dedicating several tops to USMB friends who've either dropped a line here or in my pm box about this work or been supportive in other ways that bring comfort and peace to me and others. So please be patient if your name hasn't been called yet. Don't forget to tell me your favorite color or liking, or artistic license may take over.

One of my friends in the guild also does Veterans' needs quilts from time to time, and occasionally, she will expropriate a red, white, and blue quilt for one of our nation's wounded veterans who may never have known anyone cared, so if you don't tell me, the quilt is likely to be red, white and blue, and expropriated by sweet friend, Helen, all for a wounded vet. :D

OH, yes, here are the pictures of the 33rd quilt for the year, completed this morning by me with a blue metallic border and measuring ~47x63:

Attachments

• $13 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Corner by waves.jpg
    $13 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Corner by waves.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 33
  • $14 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Along side.jpg
    $14 Storm At Sea Tall Ships Along side.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 46
  • $16 Storm At Sea Tall Ship Credit corner Upper left.jpg
    $16 Storm At Sea Tall Ship Credit corner Upper left.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Forum List