As always whites and asians sweep Math Olympiad

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Has a black or mestizo ever even competed at this.? I'm sure some latins have since many of them are of spanish ( white european) descent. But mestizos i doubt.

bilde

August 13, 2013 2:00 AM
EXETER — Phillips Exeter Academy graduate Ray Y. Li, Class of 2013, of Cranberry Township, Pa.; Zhuo Qun "Alex" Song '15, of Sunnyvale, Calif; and Kevin C. Sun '16, of Naperville, Ill., earned individual silver, gold and bronze medals, respectively, when they competed at the 54th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), held in Santa Marta, Colombia, July 18-28.

The U.S. team placed third overall. Li, who was the only Exonian on the team, was selected from a pool of 18 top scorers who attended the Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program (MOSP); the MOSP is a three-week, invitation-only training camp for participants trying to qualify for a seat on the U.S. team.

Song, who earned Exeter's only gold medal from this year's IMO, competed on Team Canada; this is his third IMO medal in three consecutive years. Sun also competed on Team Canada and earned an individual bronze medal. Team Canada placed 11th overall.

Li and Song were named as part of this year's top PEA champions at the United States of America Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO), which also included: Ravi Jagadeesan '14, from Naperville, Ill.; Pakawut Jiradilok '13, from Bangkok, Thailand; and David H. Yang '13, from Corona, Calif, who received an honorable mention. The top 12 USAMO winners were honored at an awards ceremony on June 3, in Washington, D.C.

The USAMO is a six-question, two-day, nine-hour essay/proof examination with problems requiring pre-calculus methods to be solved.

• Banned
Apparently they don't use affirmative action grading here like all our high schools and colleges do. HAHA

These tests are culturally biased that is the only acceptable PC answer to the 'other' minorities non-performance.

Funny how Americans of Asian Origins don't have a NAAAP (National Assocication for the Advancement of Asian People), 比赛 Bǐsài ("The Race" in Chinese), Asian Caucus, Asian Tigers (or Panthers if you care) and Asian this group and Asian that group; are EXEMPT from preferial treatment in college applications (unlike Latinos and Blacks); have been victims of racist pograms in the US (in fact much worse than anything against the the Blacks and Hispanics); yet they always excel as a whole and succeed as a whole greater than everyother group (in fact in second place is another victim of past discrimination in this country - the JJJOOOSS). In fact, as a whole they out-perform whites, have higher literacy rates then whites, lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and they do better in education, math and science.

I mean how does this minority group, that was previously a victim of US government pograms, do so well without the racist support groups like the NAAACP?

Maybe these apologist groups are the cause (or a major cause or at least a huge barrier) of the continued destruction of the Black and Latino communities and not the solution methink!

• Banned
These tests are culturally biased that is the only acceptable PC answer to the 'other' minorities non-performance.

Funny how Americans of Asian Origins don't have a NAAAP (National Assocication for the Advancement of Asian People), 比赛 Bǐsài ("The Race" in Chinese), Asian Caucus, Asian Tigers (or Panthers if you care) and Asian this group and Asian that group; are EXEMPT from preferial treatment in college applications (unlike Latinos and Blacks); have been victims of racist pograms in the US (in fact much worse than anything against the the Blacks and Hispanics); yet they always excel as a whole and succeed as a whole greater than everyother group (in fact in second place is another victim of past discrimination in this country - the JJJOOOSS). In fact, as a whole they out-perform whites, have higher literacy rates then whites, lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and they do better in education, math and science.

!

Asians do well on all tests which shows the dismal black performance on all standardized tests is NOT due to culture bias. Blacks are just mentally inferior.

As I struggled with Calculus I and II in college I would sometimes ask my J-Wife for help. She could look at a problem and tell me the answer without having to work it out on paper!

SIDENOTE: My Dad is a National Board Certified Dentist, meaning he can practice in all 57 states. Well he went to a National Certified Dentist Convention a few years back and was the ONLY White guy there! He said everyone else was either Asian or Indian.

PAMO-Official.org | News

In 2012 several African countries received bronze medals and Tunisia got a silver. None got a gold but they certainly were in the running!

BTW, I don't see any women winners. in your picture...Whats up with that?

Last edited:
Has a black or mestizo ever even competed at this.? I'm sure some latins have since many of them are of spanish ( white european) descent. But mestizos i doubt.

"As always whites and asians sweep Math Olympiad"

How did YOU do, idiot?
Lol. Probably not too well if they were not using flash cards that said "1+1" =2

Forum List

Back