As expected, unions behind fast food protests

of course they are...and probably most of the strikers were union members they bused in for it

look what the union did for the people of hostess...told them to strike and they all lost their JOBS...

people need to run their own lives, they took the job knowing what the wage was...these jobs were meant for high school kids to get experience and a resume for when they get out school..I worked at one my junior year of school...my pay rate was $1.85 hr....

the fast food jobs are paying the NATIONAL minimum wage...they want higher pay go look for another job

all the unions care about is taking over these places so they can unionize them then they get these people for members, it pay's for bosses lavish lifestyles....

Last edited:
Cmon now. Did all y'all really think that America's middle class would go down without a whimper? We're Americans, ffs. We'll never wind up a nation of us v them.

Not without a fight.

They're not "protests", they're strikes. Of course a union is behind it, that's the whole point - the fast food workers want to join a union.

The $13.00 "big mac" sounds great...a family could eat for just under $90.00 a meal.

From the link...

"In practice, they organize paid pickets who protest and advocate in lockstep with their labor union parents for policies like living wage laws, mandatory paid leave, and more," Berman wrote, calling their efforts "nuisance strikes."

Democrats/Unions and their phony bastard smoke and mirrors...:lol:

Last edited:
The $13.00 "big mac" sounds great...a family could eat for just under $90.00 a meal.

From the link...

"In practice, they organize paid pickets who protest and advocate in lockstep with their labor union parents for policies like living wage laws, mandatory paid leave, and more," Berman wrote, calling their efforts "nuisance strikes."

Democrats/Unions and their phony bastard smoke and mirrors...

Here in San Francisco, the minimum wage is $11.00 an hour, and a Big Mac is still $4.

And look at how Twinkies are now smaller, and cost more than they did before! Who's getting all that money, honey?

Good times.

Bet the new people get their 401k wiped out as well.

Or do they even have 401k's now.

They're not "protests", they're strikes. Of course a union is behind it, that's the whole point - the fast food workers want to join a union.

maybe some, but knowing the union and their tricks, I'd bet a lot of them were union members they brought in...

Well of course! If they don't organize, they can't get anywhere.

Unions with their archaic "us against them" thinking combined with an ineffective business model have killed themselves.
The once accepted untouchable status of public worker unions is now under attack from pissed off taxpayers and the removal from office union sympathetic politicians.
Unionism had its uses. Unions are no longer needed.
This idea that we should all kneel at the Bog Labor altar is crap.
Unions are done.
BTW, because most fast food restaurants are small independent businesses, union organizers would have to wade through a quagmire of companies in order to get their foot in the door.
Remember this, business owners are under no obligation to so much as acknowledge union reps.
The union rep can walk in and introduce himself. The owner can say, "have a nice day"...
For every fast food worker that is willing to take a walk in support of union organization, there are ten people waiting to take their job...

Cmon now. Did all y'all really think that America's middle class would go down without a whimper? We're Americans, ffs. We'll never wind up a nation of us v them.

Not without a fight.

Would you care to post that in English?

From the link...

Here in San Francisco, the minimum wage is $11.00 an hour, and a Big Mac is still $4.

link...?

From the link...

Well the last thing we need is for them to be $4.25.

From the link...

Yeah yeah yeah....How about the prices of the other stuff on the menu?
I would be pretty accurate in saying there are lots of items that are priced much higher than in other markets.
Such as drinks. One way or another the ownership of the restaurant is going to make a profit. If not, the place closes and then what? No jobs.
And I don't believe that a Big mac is the same price in SFO as it is here.
In NJ, Big Mac typically goes for $4.50. A meal is $7 and up...So please, let's not be silly.
Early in August I was driving through NJ on my way back home. We stopped in a Burger King. A Whopper meal ( medium) was $8...It's $5.50 here in the Carolinas.

If you're off from work today, thank the Labor Movement

If you're a child and not working 12 hours a day, thank the Labor Movement.

If you get weekends off or get pay for working more than 40 hours a week, if you accrue sick leave and/or vacation time, thank the Labor Movement.

If you're unemployed, never get more than full time hours, if your employer has hired more workers at lower pay instead of giving the hours or raise to you, if you were forced to retire so you would lose the pension you've worked for most of your adult life, thank the Republicans. They're just getting started though so, if you vote them into power, say goodbye to every benefit you've worked for your entire life.

If you work for poverty level wages and your employer actually gives classes on how to scam the US government for food stamps, ADC or any other kind of welfare, you work for WalMart.

I honestly and truly don't understand how Republicans wound up foursquare behind Snidely Whiplash and Ebenezer Scrooge.

Forum List

Back