As expected, unions behind fast food protests

The $13.00 "big mac" sounds great...a family could eat for just under $90.00 a meal.

From the link...

"In practice, they organize paid pickets who protest and advocate in lockstep with their labor union parents for policies like living wage laws, mandatory paid leave, and more," Berman wrote, calling their efforts "nuisance strikes."

Democrats/Unions and their phony bastard smoke and mirrors...

Here in San Francisco, the minimum wage is $11.00 an hour, and a Big Mac is still $4.
NO its not.

The minimum wage is still 7.25

If you're off from work today, thank the Labor Movement
No.

I can thank My employer however. No one is FORCED to acknowledge labor day.

Are they?

Its like having a bonus.. Its nice, but the company is NOT required to give you one.

Please think before sloganeering.

The same for work place safety. Yeah, UNIONS ( I refuse to call a bunch of thieving bosses Labor) managed to CODIFY workplace safety.

Thank you.

But I WILL NOT be thanking you forever, nor allowing you to use that as a cudgel to beat the life blood of this country into obsolescence.

Workers and Business are a synergy. Without one, the other starves.

The $13.00 "big mac" sounds great...a family could eat for just under $90.00 a meal.

From the link...

"In practice, they organize paid pickets who protest and advocate in lockstep with their labor union parents for policies like living wage laws, mandatory paid leave, and more," Berman wrote, calling their efforts "nuisance strikes."

Democrats/Unions and their phony bastard smoke and mirrors...

Here in San Francisco, the minimum wage is $11.00 an hour, and a Big Mac is still $4.
NO its not.

The Federal minimum wage is $7.25.
The State of California's minimum wage is $8.00.
The City of San Francisco's minimum wage is $10.55.

NO its not.

When you speak minimum wage, the Federal Minimum wage is what is being discussed.

You wish to talk about others legislation, then identify it.

The SF minimum wage has not driven up the price of a burger because the Company sets prices based upon national averages.

You can thank McDonald's for that. Or you can thank the Franchise owner who is keeping labor to a minimum to meet a ridiculous wage requirement.

Who gets paid 10.55 to push a button that is nothing more than a picture and then take someones money?

How does that skill equate to anything other than 3 or 4 dollars an hour?

A monkey can do it.

So, a fast food worker wants 15 bucks an hour to flip hamburgers, whilst our soldiers plead for nothing but appreciation and recognition for putting their lives on the line for our country day in and day out. Some of these brats don't understand that some of our brave men and women struggle to get by, pay their bills and support their families. These spoiled rotten good for nothings have no idea. Union's fight for greed, out soldiers fight for freedom. Biiiig difference.

Yeah..An E-1 in a combat zone makes less than $1,600 per month. Of course the libs are not concerned.
So while some kid with less than high school education can yank down $600 per week for 40 hours, we have High School grads (min education requirement to join US Military) over seas making less than $2k per month being shot at, IED's and being subject to idiotic rules set up by asshole politicians who are more interested in political correctness.

NO its not.

When you speak minimum wage, the Federal Minimum wage is what is being discussed.

It's still called the "minimum wage", even if it's based on local law rather than Federal - and I did identify it, by prefacing my statement with "In San Francisco..."

The SF minimum wage has not driven up the price of a burger because the Company sets prices based upon national averages.

Prices are set by the franchise owner, not by Corporate. See the McDonalds in Times Square for reference. That's where you'll find those $13 Big Macs.

You can thank McDonald's for that. Or you can thank the Franchise owner who is keeping labor to a minimum to meet a ridiculous wage requirement.

Or I can "thank" the fact that McDonald's has a proven track record of still making a decent profit, even after paying their employees a decent wage.

Who gets paid 10.55 to push a button that is nothing more than a picture and then take someones money?

A monkey can do it.

Comments like this are always a good indicator of never having worked in fast food, but it's still entirely beside the point. I'm not making a moral argument about wages, I'm making the economic argument that your claims of $13 Big Macs and poor, pitiful franchise owners is nonsense.

It's still called the "minimum wage", even if it's based on local law rather than Federal - and I did identify it, by prefacing my statement with "In San Francisco..."

Prices are set by the franchise owner, not by Corporate. See the McDonalds in Times Square for reference. That's where you'll find those $13 Big Macs.

Or I can "thank" the fact that McDonald's has a proven track record of still making a decent profit, even after paying their employees a decent wage.

A monkey can do it.
Comments like this are always a good indicator of never having worked in fast food, but it's still entirely beside the point. I'm not making a moral argument about wages, I'm making the economic argument that your claims of $13 Big Macs and poor, pitiful franchise owners is nonsense.
Its a quibble to shore up a poor argument. The minimum wage in a national conversation is considered the Federal Minimum wage. Yes you identified it as SF. But that SF, where laws are routinely ignored.

I HAVE worked in fast food. When I was 16 and worked for 2.30 an hour. That was the minimum wage back then.

I moved on to better paying jobs because I am intelligent and know that working at a fast food place is for high school kids and Doctorate candidates...

It does not take any kind of intelligence at all to do the job. The proof is the people doing the job more often than not, get it wrong.

A monkey can do it. They are already overpaid.

Get an education, find some ambition, and go find a real job that real adults do to support themselves.

Which is anything other than fast food.

A monkey can do it.
Its a quibble to shore up a poor argument. The minimum wage in a national conversation is considered the Federal Minimum wage. Yes you identified it as SF. But that SF, where laws are routinely ignored.

I HAVE worked in fast food. When I was 16 and worked for 2.30 an hour. That was the minimum wage back then.

I moved on to better paying jobs because I am intelligent and know that working at a fast food place is for high school kids and Doctorate candidates...

It does not take any kind of intelligence at all to do the job. The proof is the people doing the job more often than not, get it wrong.

A monkey can do it. They are already overpaid.

Get an education, find some ambition, and go find a real job that real adults do to support themselves.

Which is anything other than fast food.

Yes, you are "quibbling" in an attempt to shore up your argument.

I'm not saying anything about what McDonald's employees "should" be paid. You're arguing against a straw man.

The same crowd who is complaining about the fast food workers who want/need to make more than $7.50 to survive are the same crowd who complain about food stamps and the increase of poverty.
So how are these folks suppose to exist? Link?

What is your point?
Non one with the slightest bit of intelligence is going to make a career of fast food line work. Therefore the wages are irrelevant.

The same crowd who is complaining about the fast food workers who want/need to make more than $7.50 to survive are the same crowd who complain about food stamps and the increase of poverty.

they can work two jobs...that is how it used to be done when people had PRIDE and wouldn't go on welfare to save their lives......Pride seems to have vanished because people like you feed them how are these folks suppose to exist... so they say, why work two jobs, I can be lazy work one job and then go live off the backs of others by collecting food stamps and welfare

Last edited:
Oh bullshit. People weren't working two jobs to make ends meet. They were working two jobs to get ahead. If you are working forty hours, you SHOULD be fed, clothed and sheltered without needing government assistance.

They have nothing but hateful rhetoric.

right, saying that people should stand on their own two feet and find a way to exist without living off the backs of others, is hateful rhetoric...and for Kiwiman.....those of us WHO WORK pay federal taxes that goes into welfare and food stamps...so we can comment, complain and bitch if we want...

now stable the high horse both of you

Last edited:
Okay. I'm not going to repeat myself. You believe that there should be no work/life balance - that's completely irrational, but it's what you believe. You can't hear, so that ends that line of discussion.

Okay, Perhaps $13.00 was a slight embellishment..:lol:

I figure the cost of a big mac alone would be in the 7 dollar range in San Francisco...at present with taxes it is probably $5.09 including taxes

If I owned a McDonald's and the starting wage was $15.00. I'd probably go fully automated, lay-off 50% of the employees and cut the hours of the rest to absolute minimum..

Okay, Perhaps $13.00 was a slight embellishment..:lol:

I figure the cost of a big mac alone would be in the 7 dollar range in San Francisco...at present with taxes it is probably $5.09 including taxes

If I owned a McDonald's and the starting wage was $15.00. I'd probably go fully automated, lay-off 50% of the employees and cut the hours of the rest to absolute minimum..

And nobody would frequent your establishment, because the service sucks.

Forum List

Back