Ask a cop a question...

My brother is a cop he had to shoot and kill a man that tried to run him down with his vehicle is that justified..Of course it is. That man deserved to be tased he's lucky that’s all he got in my opinion

I have a concealed pistol license.

This is my plan for what to do when getting stopped when carrying.

My hands are on the wheel with dome lights on if dark.

Officer before we start I just want to say I have a concealed pistol license and I am carrying.

My wallet is in my left pants pocket and my firearm is on my right hip.

What do you want me to do?

You will get a gun in your face, backup will be called, and you will be put on the ground. If you are in the wrong jurisdiction, or get the wrong cop, you will be tased as part of that process. You can also face arrest, and having your weapon confiscated. Some police departments have openly said they will ignore any laws that allow people to carry guns.

Tactical-Life.com » Milwaukee Police Ordered to Arrest, Take Guns Away Despite Legal Open Carry Laws

Feel free to blame the violation of your rights on the people that challenge the police.

Officer before we start I just want to say I have a concealed pistol license and I am carrying.

You will get a gun in your face, backup will be called, and you will be put on the ground. If you are in the wrong jurisdiction, or get the wrong cop, you will be tased as part of that process. You can also face arrest, and having your weapon confiscated. Some police departments have openly said they will ignore any laws that allow people to carry guns.

Tactical-Life.com » Milwaukee Police Ordered to Arrest, Take Guns Away Despite Legal Open Carry Laws

Feel free to blame the violation of your rights on the people that challenge the police.

Humm.. We are normally on the same side on things, but this happened to my buddy just as Cmike said, in Detroit, the cop had no problem, he even commented that he liked his firearm, imagine that. People are human and everybody reacts differently, but to say that cops would arrest someone and confiscate his weapon in most case this would not happen.

Humm.. We are normally on the same side on things, but this happened to my buddy just as Cmike said, in Detroit, the cop had no problem, he even commented that he liked his firearm, imagine that. People are human and everybody reacts differently, but to say that cops would arrest someone and confiscate his weapon in most case this would not happen.

I know there are good police out there who respect the rights of people the interact with. If all of them were like that I wouldn't have a problem. the problem comes when the ones who think everyone who is obeying the law deserves to be put on the ground with safety of themselves, or the public, as an excuse.

I know there are good police out there who respect the rights of people the interact with. If all of them were like that I wouldn't have a problem. the problem comes when the ones who think everyone who is obeying the law deserves to be put on the ground with safety of themselves, or the public, as an excuse.

You can't be confrontational with police, the minute they let their guard down something might happen, better safe then sorry. The guy on the video was out of line and confrontational. and shouldn't have gotten a pennie.

[...]

He didn't prevail in court. They settled out of court. Let's see what happens in his suit against the county before you claim the driver has been vindicated. It's not relevant because you obviously don't understand basic civil procedure. I don't claim that the police always act properly. I just don't think they erred on this one.
I understand civil (and criminal) procedure a lot better than you might think. And what I'm telling you here and now is the City of Bountiful, which administers the police who tasered and arrested Bruce Harper, would not have settled a civil suit predicated on excessive force if there were valid criminal charges pending against Harper. Because to do so would be a tacit admission of Harper's innocence.

You may rest assured that any criminal charges against Bruce Harper have been dismissed.

What category of law does your wife practice?

Then I suppose you are backing off the claim that the "federal court agreed" with Harper? That is not the case.

how many times are cops murdered in traffic stops?
There is no question that policework is dangerous. So is fishing and logging, etc. There is no way to eliminate the inherent risk in policework other than imposing paramilitary police state methods, such as having S.W.A.T. teams with machine guns and vicious dogs pulling cars over for the kind of minor traffic violations cops now pull them over for.

So the obvious bottom line to that issue is every cop on every police force in America had a choice between that occupation and something safer. Nobody is drafted into policework -- or smoke-jumping, ironworking, etc. Keep in mind that policework is not the most dangerous job of all. Not even close.

getting tased for acting in a threatening manner toward a police officer does not make someone a victim.
What do you consider to be a threatening manner? At what stage in a confrontation should an able-bodied male with a 9mm automatic on his hip feel threatened?

Last edited:

You can't be confrontational with police, the minute they let their guard down something might happen, better safe then sorry. The guy on the video was out of line and confrontational. and shouldn't have gotten a pennie.

By that logic, if I wanted to kill a cop I would be nice and cooperative, and get him when he thinks he is safe.

If the choice is between your freedom and a police officer being a little less safe, your freedom wins.

Failure to obey a police order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Failure to obey a police officer, or failure to obey a police order, is typically a misdemeanor. In Washington, DC, this law is utilized primarily for purposes of ensuring that officers tasked with directing traffic have the authority to direct motorists and pedestrians in a proper and safe manner.[1]
Failure to obey a police officer's lawful order is a misdemeanor -- and in some cases a felony (e.g., resisting arrest).

Do you know for certain that a police officer can lawfully order you to stay in your car, or get out of your car, or to do anything else, when he has no cause to believe you have broken any law -- or when he has absolutely no legal right to detain you? Or are you just assuming that?

How does the police officer know that the driver is unarmed?

How does driver know the police officer is really a police officer? Have you ever heard of impersonations?

It's really very simple.

The driver failed to obey a lawful order after numerous commands to do so.

The police officer even said he would taz him if he didn't comply.

The cop was completely justified.

He doesn't know if the driver is armed or not. He doesn't know what the driver will do.
If you're so sure of all this why do you suppose the driver has been awarded a $45k settlement from the City of Bountiful, UT, and is in line to win a similar award from the County, and has not been prosecuted for any offense? Can it possibly be that a long-held belief of yours is simply wrong?

Let's not forget the ones who really enjoy ordering people to get on their knees, or lie face down in a road, or slam them to the ground, or kneel on their face when they're down. If I seem somewhat embittered in this regard it's because I watch the tv documentary, COPS, quite often (I have an academic interest in this topic) and I urge anyone who disagrees with my perceptions to do the same. It is an extremely revealing program which affords clear insights into the police mentality.

Then I suppose you are backing off the claim that the "federal court agreed" with Harper? That is not the case.
Yes. That was an error I made earlier on in the thread when I misread someone else's interpretation of the report. An embarrassing error on my part, which I hope is forgiven.

If you're so sure of all this why do you suppose the driver has been awarded a $45k settlement from the City of Bountiful, UT, and is in line to win a similar award from the County, and has not been prosecuted for any offense? Can it possibly be that a long-held belief of yours is simply wrong?
O.J. was found innocent too.

And in those days "conceal carry" wasn't the norm. Especially not in Brooklyn. Things are a bit different in Utah.
I will agree that things are different from the 50s today all over America, not only in Utah.

The bottom line, it doesn't matter how good of a boxer you are if the other guy has a weapon.
Having your hand on your own weapon, or having your weapon in your hand, and not seeing a weapon in a subject's hand is about all the advantage one can reasonably want -- provided one is a capable, competent and confident adversary. Which, unfortunately, too many of today's cops are anything but. Thus my comparative reference to the NYC cops of yesterday, all of whom were big badasses.

You last statement is absurd. So police officers shouldn't pull anyone over on behalf of the Bruce Harper's of the world?
You've omitted an important component of my statement. What I said is it isn't likely that any cops in the region of Bountiful, UT, will be pulling anyone over on quiet roads at night for bullshit reasons like a crooked license plate.

Do you disagree?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKN0XNKnDJc&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Cops out of Control‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUDxnSSt3rE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Protect yourself FROM corrupt Cops POLICE BACON pigs (ALEX JONES LIVE FREE OR DIE)‬‏[/ame]

Watch an learn
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters‬‏[/ame]

Great way to live your life huh? Land of the free huh?

Forum List

Back