Assad is an enemy of Isil, but not the West’s ally

I looked through the list on the wiki page a little. One protest was directly after 40 people were killed from a Syrian airstrike. Seems most all news coming out of Syria came from one man, Wissam Tarif. Who was for a time part of an organization to replace Assad. Tarif was clearly bias. I am sure there were certain parties who were more than willing to print Tarif's reports, even if they were not exactly accurate.

Meet Wissam Tarif the Man Updating Us on Syria - The Wire

He has contacts like I do via twitter from syria. Witnesses constantly reporting from the heart of the conflict, local reporters, officials, NGO personnel, embassy employees, RC workers, doctors, teachers, fighters, children, global news agencies, armature and professional photographers, even syrian government reports. Everyone each with their own perspectives give a broader picture of what is really happening. A more honest understanding of what is happening when you have so many diverse views of events. You get information before the major news agencies report on them. Information that can be used as a basis for further research. An aid to begin from in gathering the facts, to verify the claims.
Often is takes hours or even days for the main stream news to report what those using twitter are witnessing and writing (and sharing photos) about.
Yes, I read that article. The question remains, is he trustworthy. From his background the answer would seem to be 'sometimes', at best.
From the article:
On Twitter, Tarif is a one-man wire service, issuing a frenetic stream of updates in English collected from what appears to be a vast network of contacts in Syria​

A lot of the twitter that I get out of syria is not in english. It has to be translated for the english read. Web sites with news and other information also might not be in english. You thought everyone tweeting from syria does so in english? That the audience is english speaking?
Tarif and I are hardly the only ones following the syrian events via twitter, or that can translate what is tweeted. Some is in french, some aramaic as well. I expect that a few news agencies follow Tarif and other twitter accounts to pick on news before the wire services.
Text, fax, e-mail, e-groups, usenet, blogs, facebook, message boards, youtube, instagram, skype and IMs are also used. Every faction, group, subgroup and opinion share what is happening via computer or smart phone.
There are even apps that warn where there is conflict and road blocks in real time. What areas and roads are in which hands. Same basic principle as traffic reports in most cities, and which routes can be used as detours.
There is a whole community of people that follow the events in syria and the middle east.
Yes, yes, got it. You and Al Gore invented the Internet. Thanks. :doubt: I am sure your uncle gave you lots of toys to play with. The issue was that the news agencies were only using Tarif, just like our 'inside' guy from Iraq. Most people hear what they are listening for. You seem to be no exception.

Computers were part of my work before the internet but I was not involved in the invention. I know people that worked with Paterson, that helped to wrote dos. I was busy with aviation systems on some particular planes back then.
So you invented flight. Even better. :doubt:

Tim Patterson and the people that worked with him wrote nothing. IBM simply bought 86-DOS from Seattle Computer Products (SCP) and renamed it MS-DOS. SCP's 86-DOS was a clone of Digital Research's CP/M operating system (designed for Intel's 8080 and Zilog's Z80 microprocessors) adapted to the Intel 8086, which IBM used in its first PC. I hope you know a little more about the Syrian situation than you know about computers.

You seem to have an issue with coherent thought. Let me walk you through this exchange. I state that it is a false argument to blame Assad for starting the civil war. You respond with four cut-n-paste links with no summary or reasons for their reference. One link was from Daily Mail Online and another was a video. The titles were pretty consistent however so I ask you if you think the U.S. had any role because if you say the U.S. did not you either do not know anything or are lying. You went for the third option, no less ignoble. You reference Obama's foreign policy and refer to some countries, left unnamed. So I ask you to name the countries, still hoping a conversation with you was worth the hassle. And there my hopes were dashed. You once again provided a link with no summary or reason for referencing it. I glanced at the article. I would ask why but what's the point. You should be promoted to running U.S. foreign policy, if you haven't been already.

If I give information and evidence, you want opinion. If I were to give opinion, you want evidence and links.
You don't like my opinions or evidence, not matter how much I present. You don't like the facts so you call me a liar.
Talk about fallacious argument............

US foreign policy? Long ago a small cog in a very complex system of gears, I worked with embassy personnel for a time. I did not set policy, but when asked I gave my opinion and provided information that helped those who did.
When you grow up in a world of military and politics, those are the people that you tend to count among your friends.
I did not grow up in midwest farm country or rural america. I did not spend much time in america till I was married.
Life just sort of happened, very little was ever planned. Certainly not what I would have dreamed about as a child.

Meet Wissam Tarif the Man Updating Us on Syria - The Wire

He has contacts like I do via twitter from syria. Witnesses constantly reporting from the heart of the conflict, local reporters, officials, NGO personnel, embassy employees, RC workers, doctors, teachers, fighters, children, global news agencies, armature and professional photographers, even syrian government reports. Everyone each with their own perspectives give a broader picture of what is really happening. A more honest understanding of what is happening when you have so many diverse views of events. You get information before the major news agencies report on them. Information that can be used as a basis for further research. An aid to begin from in gathering the facts, to verify the claims.
Often is takes hours or even days for the main stream news to report what those using twitter are witnessing and writing (and sharing photos) about.
Yes, I read that article. The question remains, is he trustworthy. From his background the answer would seem to be 'sometimes', at best.
From the article:
On Twitter, Tarif is a one-man wire service, issuing a frenetic stream of updates in English collected from what appears to be a vast network of contacts in Syria​

A lot of the twitter that I get out of syria is not in english. It has to be translated for the english read. Web sites with news and other information also might not be in english. You thought everyone tweeting from syria does so in english? That the audience is english speaking?
Tarif and I are hardly the only ones following the syrian events via twitter, or that can translate what is tweeted. Some is in french, some aramaic as well. I expect that a few news agencies follow Tarif and other twitter accounts to pick on news before the wire services.
Text, fax, e-mail, e-groups, usenet, blogs, facebook, message boards, youtube, instagram, skype and IMs are also used. Every faction, group, subgroup and opinion share what is happening via computer or smart phone.
There are even apps that warn where there is conflict and road blocks in real time. What areas and roads are in which hands. Same basic principle as traffic reports in most cities, and which routes can be used as detours.
There is a whole community of people that follow the events in syria and the middle east.
Yes, yes, got it. You and Al Gore invented the Internet. Thanks. :doubt: I am sure your uncle gave you lots of toys to play with. The issue was that the news agencies were only using Tarif, just like our 'inside' guy from Iraq. Most people hear what they are listening for. You seem to be no exception.

Computers were part of my work before the internet but I was not involved in the invention. I know people that worked with Paterson, that helped to wrote dos. I was busy with aviation systems on some particular planes back then.
So you invented flight. Even better. :doubt:

Quite a jump of logic from working on aviation systems to inventing flight. Even a patent on a sensor modification or relay bus is not an invention in itself, just an improvement.
Invented flight? You better go outside and take several deep breaths of fresh air, maybe try some exercise as well.

I am curious about this overwhelming support for Baathist Assad. Were you
guys----Monte and Captain blei fans of sadaam too?

He could be German shiite immigrant from Syria. Who knows.

He isn't such a bad guy if he can control his Assad fetish and the whack job conspiracy theories.
From which kibbutz did you emigrate?

Born and raised in a Muslim country in Middle East. I'm not professing to know more than everybody who posts here, but probably more than most when it comes to my background and firsthand knowledge.

Stop being an idiot.
Than you should know that Assad is the great benefactor of the modern society in the ME and mot a murderer or even mass murderer.

No I know that Assad is no different than other brutal Arab Madmen that have come before him. He inherited his crown from his dad, and is now trying to outdo his father when it comes to how many of his countrymen he can kill and torture. You are delusional.
There is no sense in repeating over and over again what has been refuted, Roudy.

Hasn't been refuted, Mr. Assad fetish Euroman.

that's strange----I never met a Syrian in the USA who supported Assad----
I met lots who were afraid to say ANYTHING at all about him

"the great president assad" I never heard a Syrian in the USA say
"the great president assad"
n_54373_1.jpg

1208847.jpg

1208851.jpg

But also the Americans that are not of Syrian origin protest:
154_230411_siriya_1.jpg

Never seen a "German" be so in love with a mass murdering Arab dictator. Something is wrong with this picture. LOL
You still claim stupid things?

Admit it, you're in love with Assad the genocidal mass murderer. People are still in love with Hitler.

Worse than a dog humping every leg, pillow or towel. He must have orgasms every time Assad is mentioned. The constant panting adoration from ironcross is sickening.
He really needs a new shade of glasses, or to have his computer privileges limited a bit.

And I bet the "German" has a big picture of Assad in his bedroom that he prays to.

Assad the benevolent messiah. Ha ha ha.

Tim Patterson and the people that worked with him wrote nothing. IBM simply bought 86-DOS from Seattle Computer Products (SCP) and renamed it MS-DOS. SCP's 86-DOS was a clone of Digital Research's CP/M operating system (designed for Intel's 8080 and Zilog's Z80 microprocessors) adapted to the Intel 8086, which IBM used in its first PC. I hope you know a little more about the Syrian situation than you know about computers.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I know one thing, in the first year to six months of the Syrian uprisings, THERE WAS NO ISIS. It was a purely secular movement.

ISIS is simply a by product of the following:

- Assad's relentless butchery and genocide of his people
- Lack of by proper action by the US, Arab neighbors, and international community towards Assad's genocide.
- Our idiot president's premature withdrawal from Iraq.

Anyone? what makes Monte and Captain blei ---BAATHIST nuts?

The reasons are different but they intersect when it comes to support for Assad. Monte loves Assad because he is an enemy of Israel., while Błah blah probably has Syrian pro Assad ties.

I know one thing, in the first year to six months of the Syrian uprisings, THERE WAS NO ISIS. It was a purely secular movement.

ISIS is simply a by product of the following:

- Assad's relentless butchery and genocide of his people
- Lack of by proper action by the US, Arab neighbors, and international community towards Assad's genocide.
- Our idiot president's premature withdrawal from Iraq.

seems to me that you are saying that ISIS is a sunni reaction to a
somewhat SHIITE threat-----to wit an IRANIAN threat. It is arabs pitted
against Iran---------a rejection of ----HEZBOLLAH?

and not a peep about Assad's forces of the 82 brigade at daraa falling apart. This is overwhelming support by syrian officers and soldiers for Assad?
Good grief! Don't these pro-assad people read the news, or just state issued propaganda about how amazing assad is?

Captain blei is german? I did not know.

He could be German shiite immigrant from Syria. Who knows.

He isn't such a bad guy if he can control his Assad fetish and the whack job conspiracy theories.

Born and raised in a Muslim country in Middle East. I'm not professing to know more than everybody who posts here, but probably more than most when it comes to my background and firsthand knowledge.

Stop being an idiot.
Than you should know that Assad is the great benefactor of the modern society in the ME and mot a murderer or even mass murderer.

:puke:
You prefer those :death:

that's strange----I never met a Syrian in the USA who supported Assad----
I met lots who were afraid to say ANYTHING at all about him

"the great president assad" I never heard a Syrian in the USA say
"the great president assad"
n_54373_1.jpg

1208847.jpg

1208851.jpg

But also the Americans that are not of Syrian origin protest:
154_230411_siriya_1.jpg

Never seen a "German" be so in love with a mass murdering Arab dictator. Something is wrong with this picture. LOL
You still claim stupid things?

Admit it, you're in love with Assad the genocidal mass murderer. People are still in love with Hitler.

Worse than a dog humping every leg, pillow or towel. He must have orgasms every time Assad is mentioned. The constant panting adoration from ironcross is sickening.
He really needs a new shade of glasses, or to have his computer privileges limited a bit.
Why don´t you shut up and celebrate your terror anniversary 2015 :death:

Stop being an idiot.

No I know that Assad is no different than other brutal Arab Madmen that have come before him. He inherited his crown from his dad, and is now trying to outdo his father when it comes to how many of his countrymen he can kill and torture. You are delusional.

Unless you can come up with DNA samples of each person papa and baby Assad
murdered----Captain Blei will insist that they killed no one
Civilians are protected by the Syrian government. The terrorists are the threat, not the government. Luckily, government, army and people are a unity strong in will and brave in battle, so that the terrorists will loose the war.

The civilians need protection from Assad. Most of the deaths were at the hands of Assad forces.
Any more of Assad's protection and there will be no more syrias in syria.
:Boom2::death:

"The data, relayed to NATO over the last month, asserted that 70 percent
of Syrians support the Assad regime. Another 20 percent were deemed neutral and the remaining 10 percent expressed support for the rebels."
NATO data Assad winning the war for Syrians hearts and minds - World Tribune World Tribune

Stop being an idiot.

There is no sense in repeating over and over again what has been refuted, Roudy.

Hasn't been refuted, Mr. Assad fetish Euroman.
Yes, it has. Anti-Assad propaganda on the USMB started suddenly some months ago, despite all the agitators have been here before.

Syria s Assad an American hero One Virginia politician thinks so. video - CSMonitor.com
Life in Assad s Syria is great tweets far-right British politician - The Washington Post

and not a peep about Assad's forces of the 82 brigade at daraa falling apart. This is overwhelming support by syrian officers and soldiers for Assad?
Good grief! Don't these pro-assad people read the news, or just state issued propaganda about how amazing assad is?
You cannot even tell the truth when it is about the situation on the battlefields.
Special Report Implications of the Syrian Army s Southern Offensive The Tower

You cannot even tell the truth when it is about the situation on the battlefields.
Special Report Implications of the Syrian Army s Southern Offensive The Tower

Just because you don't like the news does not mean I lie. I don't have to

After the collapse of his forces .. Assad accused soldiers of treason
January 29, 2015 12:13 PM Syria

(paraphrased translation)
....accused the General Command of the Syria army and a number of soldiers of treason for events that caused the the rebels to take control of Daraa from the 82 Brigade last few days.
Assad regime is trying to hide the moral state of collapse suffered by him and his army troops and justify the military failures cascading at the front as rebel brigades progress in many areas

you can read the arabic article at eldorar.com

Anyone? what makes Monte and Captain blei ---BAATHIST nuts?

The reasons are different but they intersect when it comes to support for Assad. Monte loves Assad because he is an enemy of Israel., while Błah blah probably has Syrian pro Assad ties.

I support the Government because it is the most secular government in the Middle East, and defends my fellow Christians in Syria. You support the rebels because though they would murder the Christians and other minorities if they succeeded in overthrowing the Government, it will help Israel. You are so transparent.

Forum List

Back