Assad is an enemy of Isil, but not the West’s ally

Because of a conflict. Why is there a conflict?

That's not what we're discussing. Assad is massacring his own people, over 200,000 dead so far. Which is why ISIS stepped in.
That is exactly what we are discussing. One would pretty much have to admit that the U.S.'s credibility in denying its involvement in overthrowing countries is about nil. So to say Syria is the only country in conflict that the U.S. hasn't tried to overthrow is just a tad naive. Especially since it was second on the list of the seven countries we were going to "take out". One might argue that Assad is a terrible guy who should be overthrown but to blame him for starting the war is a false argument indeed.

Understanding Syria From Pre-Civil War to Post-Assad - The Atlantic

The Assad Regime From Counterinsurgency To Civil War Institute for the Study of War

Syrian president Assad attacks rebels as rats during New Year stunt Daily Mail Online

Syria Dictator Goons Attack Peaceful Protesters July Assad Attacks Al Swaida Rally Video - Mp3 Lyrics Albums Video
Did you read any of those or just copy and paste URL's? And I do not watch videos.

That's not what we're discussing. Assad is massacring his own people, over 200,000 dead so far. Which is why ISIS stepped in.
That is exactly what we are discussing. One would pretty much have to admit that the U.S.'s credibility in denying its involvement in overthrowing countries is about nil. So to say Syria is the only country in conflict that the U.S. hasn't tried to overthrow is just a tad naive. Especially since it was second on the list of the seven countries we were going to "take out". One might argue that Assad is a terrible guy who should be overthrown but to blame him for starting the war is a false argument indeed.

The Assad Regime From Counterinsurgency To Civil War Institute for the Study of War

Syrian president Assad attacks rebels as rats during New Year stunt Daily Mail Online

Syria Dictator Goons Attack Peaceful Protesters July Assad Attacks Al Swaida Rally Video - Mp3 Lyrics Albums Video
Let me ask you this, Do you think the U.S. had any role in starting the civil war in Syria?

that's strange----I never met a Syrian in the USA who supported Assad----
I met lots who were afraid to say ANYTHING at all about him

"the great president assad" I never heard a Syrian in the USA say
"the great president assad"
n_54373_1.jpg

1208847.jpg

1208851.jpg

But also the Americans that are not of Syrian origin protest:
154_230411_siriya_1.jpg

article-2100367-11B875B4000005DC-125_634x476.jpg

stock-photo-washington-dc-sep-protest-against-assad-of-syria-in-front-of-the-white-house-in-115828240.jpg

stock-photo-washington-dc-sep-protest-against-assad-of-syria-in-front-of-the-white-house-in-116620015.jpg

n-SYRIA-PROTEST-large570.jpg

stock-photo-geneva-switzerland-june-unidentified-protesters-holding-the-syrian-flag-during-a-protest-116709895.jpg

wpid-article-1330704309344-1200724c000005dc-76979_466x310.jpg

syria_protest012_16x9.jpg

CARTOONS Dozens of Artist Depictions of Syria s Assad

Oh, such heart felt love and support there is for Assad
They know they have been fooled and don´t demonstrate anymore.

But what do you say to this:

International demonstrations and protests relating to the Syrian Civil War - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Photo Gallery Anadolu Agency

Syrian Revolution Anniversary 2015

Ridiculous. I never have seen westerners who celebrate Islamist terrorists. Until I came here were I face a bunch of unscrupulous liars, scum that has no moral and would kill its own family if the regime tell it to do.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

n_54373_1.jpg

1208847.jpg

1208851.jpg

154_230411_siriya_1.jpg

article-2100367-11B875B4000005DC-125_634x476.jpg

stock-photo-washington-dc-sep-protest-against-assad-of-syria-in-front-of-the-white-house-in-115828240.jpg

stock-photo-washington-dc-sep-protest-against-assad-of-syria-in-front-of-the-white-house-in-116620015.jpg

n-SYRIA-PROTEST-large570.jpg

stock-photo-geneva-switzerland-june-unidentified-protesters-holding-the-syrian-flag-during-a-protest-116709895.jpg

wpid-article-1330704309344-1200724c000005dc-76979_466x310.jpg

syria_protest012_16x9.jpg

CARTOONS Dozens of Artist Depictions of Syria s Assad

Oh, such heart felt love and support there is for Assad
They know they have been fooled and don´t demonstrate anymore.

But what do you say to this:

International demonstrations and protests relating to the Syrian Civil War - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Photo Gallery Anadolu Agency

Syrian Revolution Anniversary 2015

I looked through the list on the wiki page a little. One protest was directly after 40 people were killed from a Syrian airstrike. Seems most all news coming out of Syria came from one man, Wissam Tarif. Who was for a time part of an organization to replace Assad. Tarif was clearly bias. I am sure there were certain parties who were more than willing to print Tarif's reports, even if they were not exactly accurate.

Meet Wissam Tarif the Man Updating Us on Syria - The Wire

He has contacts like I do via twitter from syria. Witnesses constantly reporting from the heart of the conflict, local reporters, officials, NGO personnel, embassy employees, RC workers, doctors, teachers, fighters, children, global news agencies, armature and professional photographers, even syrian government reports. Everyone each with their own perspectives give a broader picture of what is really happening. A more honest understanding of what is happening when you have so many diverse views of events. You get information before the major news agencies report on them. Information that can be used as a basis for further research. An aid to begin from in gathering the facts, to verify the claims.
Often is takes hours or even days for the main stream news to report what those using twitter are witnessing and writing (and sharing photos) about.

Aris is shedding crocodile tears for the civilians killed in the Syrian civil war by the Government, but is not at all concerned about the killing of the Christians, Alawites and other minorities on the part of the rebels. And, when Israel was pounding (and killing thousands) the civilians in Gaza she actually cheered.

I looked through the list on the wiki page a little. One protest was directly after 40 people were killed from a Syrian airstrike. Seems most all news coming out of Syria came from one man, Wissam Tarif. Who was for a time part of an organization to replace Assad. Tarif was clearly bias. I am sure there were certain parties who were more than willing to print Tarif's reports, even if they were not exactly accurate.

Meet Wissam Tarif the Man Updating Us on Syria - The Wire

He has contacts like I do via twitter from syria. Witnesses constantly reporting from the heart of the conflict, local reporters, officials, NGO personnel, embassy employees, RC workers, doctors, teachers, fighters, children, global news agencies, armature and professional photographers, even syrian government reports. Everyone each with their own perspectives give a broader picture of what is really happening. A more honest understanding of what is happening when you have so many diverse views of events. You get information before the major news agencies report on them. Information that can be used as a basis for further research. An aid to begin from in gathering the facts, to verify the claims.
Often is takes hours or even days for the main stream news to report what those using twitter are witnessing and writing (and sharing photos) about.

Yes, I read that article. The question remains, is he trustworthy. From his background the answer would seem to be 'sometimes', at best.
From the article:
On Twitter, Tarif is a one-man wire service, issuing a frenetic stream of updates in English collected from what appears to be a vast network of contacts in Syria​

I hope this is not off topic, might be the first thing on-topic in some time. Has the U.S. just completely gone and totally lost their minds???
US Turkey Sign Deal to Train Syrian Rebels Sputnik International
The US military has said it is sending over 400 troops to train so-called "moderate" rebels just outside of the country's borders. Saudi Arabia and Qatar also might host training sites alongside with Turkey. According to the plan, some 5,000 Syrian fighters should be trained each year for three years.

The Wall Street Journal reported that under the plan the US considers not only supplying Syrian opposition fighters with machine gun-equipped pick-up trucks, but also might grant them powers to call in US-led coalition airstrikes.

Several US officials have expressed concern over arming the Syrian rebels, including former Syrian ambassador Robert Ford. He cites the fact that the US can't be sure that the Syrian opposition is entirely opposed to al-Qaeda associates in the area, and that the rebels lack cohesiveness and may be quickly moving toward losing the Syrian civil war.
Has there been a single fighter or piece of hardware the U.S. has sent into the Middle East lately that has not ended up in some terrorist's hands, if not handed directly to the terrorists. Good thing America has no other needs for that money.

death toll exceeds 210,000 (some estimates 295,000)
3.73 million fled
1.5 injured
6.5 displaced

Did you read any of those or just copy and paste URL's? And I do not watch videos.

even if you don't watch the videos, you can see the pictures and titles of what they are about.

Articles too long for you? Do you need someone to quote or paraphrase the key points? Would you prefer a different language?

I hope this is not off topic, might be the first thing on-topic in some time. Has the U.S. just completely gone and totally lost their minds???
The US military has said it is sending over 400 troops to train so-called "moderate" rebels just outside of the country's borders. Saudi Arabia and Qatar also might host training sites alongside with Turkey. According to the plan, some 5,000 Syrian fighters should be trained each year for three years.

The Wall Street Journal reported that under the plan the US considers not only supplying Syrian opposition fighters with machine gun-equipped pick-up trucks, but also might grant them powers to call in US-led coalition airstrikes.

Several US officials have expressed concern over arming the Syrian rebels, including former Syrian ambassador Robert Ford. He cites the fact that the US can't be sure that the Syrian opposition is entirely opposed to al-Qaeda associates in the area, and that the rebels lack cohesiveness and may be quickly moving toward losing the Syrian civil war.
Has there been a single fighter or piece of hardware the U.S. has sent into the Middle East lately that has not ended up in some terrorist's hands, if not handed directly to the terrorists. Good thing America has no other needs for that money.
Does the right hand and any clue whatsoever what the left is doing?
Obama calls on world to focus on roots of ISIS al Qaeda extremism - CNN.com
President Barack Obama called for a global effort to combat violent extremism and urged countries around the world to address the root causes that fuel groups like ISIS and al Qaeda during a speech Thursday before hundreds of foreign officials gathered for a summit on countering violent extremism.

As he recalled recent terror attacks around the world, Obama urged countries to "break the cycles of conflict, especially sectarian conflict" and called on governments to "address the grievances that terrorists exploit," both political and economic.​

They went through extensive vetting to pick who could be involved in the training.

even if you don't watch the videos, you can see the pictures and titles of what they are about.

Articles too long for you? Do you need someone to quote or paraphrase the key points? Would you prefer a different language?
You've been on the board long enough to know copy-n-past of URL's is in bad form.

They went through extensive vetting to pick who could be involved in the training.
:lmao: No, seriously. :disbelief::lmao:

How long before one of these 'moderates' who have had 'extensive vetting' shots his trainer.

Gravity ---PUHLEEEEZE-----nasty, brutish, dictators are a problem------
no matter what happens------falafel and shish kebob etc etc ---will never die----
we have the recipes
King David was a dictator.

Actually----he demanded very little------he was busy with his family matters
We are referring to two different King David's apparently. And that does not negate the fact he was indeed a dictator.

All kings, queens, popes, have ruled with absolute power. Did you just learn this? What grade are you in? Have you graduated from elementary school?

:rofl:

And that is not even the point. When is the U.S. going to face the fact our attempt to overthrow Assad was a miserable failure. At this point whether or not it was justified is water under the bridge. The fighting needs to stop and the only way for that to happen is at a minimum let Assad get rid of the terrorists in his country. We could actually try and help get rid of the terrorist but as Cameron said, "No regrets."

death toll exceeds 210,000 (some estimates 295,000)
3.73 million fled
1.5 injured
6.5 displaced

Let me ask you this, Do you think the U.S. had any role in starting the civil war in Syria?

Obama's lack of action gave assad a green light to attack the protesters.

their contradictory policy and weak commitment to previous countries empowered assad

their contradictory policy and weak commitment to previous countries empowered assad
Which countries exactly are you referring to?

Which countries exactly are you referring to?

BBC News - Arab uprising Country by country - Egypt

confirmed dead now is oer 210,000
this article is from 6 mos ago
More Syrians have died in 3 years of war than Americans in every war since WW2 - Vox

captain Blei likes him anyway

There's more to captain błah blah liking Assad and whitewashing his genocidal behavior than being just a "conscientious German". It goes without saying.

Captain blei is german? I did not know.

He could be German shiite immigrant from Syria. Who knows.

He isn't such a bad guy if he can control his Assad fetish and the whack job conspiracy theories.
From which kibbutz did you emigrate?

Born and raised in a Muslim country in Middle East. I'm not professing to know more than everybody who posts here, but probably more than most when it comes to my background and firsthand knowledge.

Stop being an idiot.

Why so eager to falesly blame the Syrian President?

Stop being a shmuck and come down to earth.

U.N. Says Syria Deaths Near 200 000 - WSJ

WORLD NEWS
U.N. Says Syria Deaths Near 200,000

Syria Deaths Hits New High In 2014

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/02/world/middleeast/syrian-civil-war-2014-deadliest-so-far.html?_r=0

The figures from the monitoring group, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, put the total number of dead.

United Nations News Centre - More than 191 000 people killed in Syria with no end in sight UN

In a third report on Syria carried out on behalf of the UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR), data specialists identified 191,369 people killed between March 2011 and the end of April 2014.
You said Assad massacred 200.000 and I asked for evidence. Now you come up with UN estimations about the casualties in the Syrian "civil" war based on SOHR numbers. Where is even one of that sources saying that Assad massacred them?
Why are you warping the actualities?

Info:
What the heck is SOHR?
"The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) founded in May 2006 is an information office opposed to the Government of Syria. Rami Abdulrahman's UK based SOHR has been cited by virtually every western news outlet since the beginning of the uprising."
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

More Syrians have died in 3 years of war than Americans in every war since WW2 - Vox

There are no barrel bombs Assad s Syria facts - Channel 4 News

Syria rebels call for help against Assad as death toll rises - 12 News

Syrian government forces killing hundreds of civilians in air strikes as world watches Isis - Middle East - World - The Independent

Assad s government still kills way more civilians than ISIS - Business Insider
You are eager to earn the Nusra Medal of Mendacity and Hypocrisy, right?

let your mind expand, captain blei-----recognition of assad for the dog he is
does not magically transform anyone into a sunni dog
Stop being a shmuck and come down to earth.

U.N. Says Syria Deaths Near 200 000 - WSJ

WORLD NEWS
U.N. Says Syria Deaths Near 200,000

Syria Deaths Hits New High In 2014

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/02/world/middleeast/syrian-civil-war-2014-deadliest-so-far.html?_r=0

The figures from the monitoring group, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, put the total number of dead.

United Nations News Centre - More than 191 000 people killed in Syria with no end in sight UN

In a third report on Syria carried out on behalf of the UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR), data specialists identified 191,369 people killed between March 2011 and the end of April 2014.
You said Assad massacred 200.000 and I asked for evidence. Now you come up with UN estimations about the casualties in the Syrian "civil" war based on SOHR numbers. Where is even one of that sources saying that Assad massacred them?
Why are you warping the actualities?

Info:
What the heck is SOHR?
"The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) founded in May 2006 is an information office opposed to the Government of Syria. Rami Abdulrahman's UK based SOHR has been cited by virtually every western news outlet since the beginning of the uprising."
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There are no barrel bombs Assad s Syria facts - Channel 4 News

Syria rebels call for help against Assad as death toll rises - 12 News

Syrian government forces killing hundreds of civilians in air strikes as world watches Isis - Middle East - World - The Independent

Assad s government still kills way more civilians than ISIS - Business Insider
You are eager to earn the Nusra Medal of Mendacity and Hypocrisy, right?

let your mind expand, captain blei-----recognition of assad for the dog he is
does not magically transform anyone into a sunni dog
Lying about the great President Assad and hailing terrorists as democratic freedom fighters does.
captain Blei likes him anyway

There's more to captain błah blah liking Assad and whitewashing his genocidal behavior than being just a "conscientious German". It goes without saying.

Captain blei is german? I did not know.

He could be German shiite immigrant from Syria. Who knows.

He isn't such a bad guy if he can control his Assad fetish and the whack job conspiracy theories.
From which kibbutz did you emigrate?

Born and raised in a Muslim country in Middle East. I'm not professing to know more than everybody who posts here, but probably more than most when it comes to my background and firsthand knowledge.

Stop being an idiot.

Captain Blei, in what madrassa were you educated?

n_54373_1.jpg

1208847.jpg

1208851.jpg

154_230411_siriya_1.jpg

Never seen a "German" be so in love with a mass murdering Arab dictator. Something is wrong with this picture. LOL

Forum List

Back