UK to suspend all weapons to Israel

Why does that law about Jews getting citizenship just because they are Jews, exist? why is it there? what purpose does it serve? what would happen if it were (as it should be) abolished? who benefits from it?
Here's where I am coming from on this. I think it is a good thing for people belonging to a ethnic/cultural group to celebrate, preserve, and protect that culture (especially as minorities). I think it benefits the world. It is fundamentally an anti-Imperialist, anti-colonial stance. And it is the foundation of self-determination. I apply this equally to everyone: the Irish, the Catalan, the Mi'kaq, the Palestinians. Everyone.

I think one of the issues people have in understanding this is that they see self-determination as a zero sum game - that the granting of rights to one group must mean the denial of the same rights to the other group. It is not a zero sum game.

Edited to add: It is also NOT a supremacist stance. It gives equal standing to ALL peoples to the same rights to self-determination and celebration of their cultures.

Last edited:
Here's where I am coming from on this. I think it is a good thing for people belonging to a ethnic/cultural group to celebrate, preserve, and protect that culture (especially as minorities). I think it benefits the world. It is fundamentally an anti-Imperialist, anti-colonial stance.
European culture propagated to colonies in Australia, Canada and the US. The problem is that culture was the culture of the colonizer and it was devastating for the indigenous culture, that's clearly not anti-colonial.
And it is the foundation of self-determination. I apply this equally to everyone: the Irish, the Catalan, the Mi'kaq, the Palestinians. Everyone.
Yes, self determination for the chosen, favored race.
I think one of the issues people have in understanding this is that they see self-determination as a zero sum game - that the granting of rights to one group must mean the denial of the same rights to the other group. It is not a zero sum game.
It certainly isn't a game.
Edited to add: It is also NOT a supremacist stance. It gives equal standing to ALL peoples to the same rights to self-determination and celebration of their cultures.
We have a law that specifically grants unconditional citizenship to anyone who's a Jew and you have the audacity to post here and say that it benefits ALL people? it benefits a Jew and a gentile equally? What are you smoking?

European culture propagated to colonies in Australia, Canada and the US. The problem is that culture was the culture of the colonizer and it was devastating for the indigenous culture, that's clearly not anti-colonial.

It certainly isn't a game.

We have a law that specifically grants unconditional citizenship to anyone who's a Jew and you have the audacity to post here and say that it benefits ALL people? it benefits a Jew and a gentile equally? What are you smoking?
Wow. You have completely misunderstood and misstated my position. Deliberate?

Not race. Cultural collective.

Irish self-determination in Eire. German self-determination in Germany. Mi'kmaq self-determination in Mi'kmaq sovereign territory. Ukrainian self-determination in Ukraine. Scottish self-determination in Scotland. Jewish self-determination in Israel. See how this works? It is not self-determination for a single, "favored" cultural collective. It's self-determination for EACH cultural collective.
We have many nations who provide a streamlined process of citizenship for those with the cultural ancestry or background of that nation. It is not a benefit afforded to one nation or to one cultural collective.

Not race. Cultural collective.

Irish self-determination in Eire. German self-determination in Germany. Mi'kmaq self-determination in Mi'kmaq sovereign territory. Ukrainian self-determination in Ukraine. Scottish self-determination in Scotland. Jewish self-determination in Israel. See how this works? It is not self-determination for a single, "favored" cultural collective. It's self-determination for EACH cultural collective.
Any country that upholds the right to self determination of the population does not codify laws that favor some specific ethnicity; countries that uphold the right to self determination have no need of such laws, they are not needed.
We have many nations who provide a streamlined process of citizenship for those with the cultural ancestry or background of that nation. It is not a benefit afforded to one nation or to one cultural collective.
If it is easier for some group to gain citizenship then by definition the laws benefit that group and it is not egalitarian.

Why do you think Israel has the law of return? Why not make the rules and processes for gaining citizenship, neutral from the point of view of race or ethnicity? how could that harm any group more than any other?

Why does Ireland have a law of return?
I asked first. Tell me why this Zionist law was necessary:

1. Every Jew has the right to come to this country as an oleh**.

Why? why mention "Jew" at all? why not say "Jew or Arab" at least?

Last edited:
I asked first.
Don't be childish.
Why? why mention "Jew" at all? why not say "Jew or Arab" at least?
Because Ireland is for the self-determination of the Irish people (people of Irish ancestry; people of Irish collective culture). Ireland is not for the self-determination of the Japanese people. Just so, Israel is the for the self-determination of the Jewish people (people of Jewish ancestry). What place is for the self-determination of the Arab people? (And I'd be real, real careful of the term "Arab" here, as it touches much closer to imperialism and colonialism than other terms you might have chosen.)

Don't be childish.

Because Ireland is for the self-determination of the Irish people (people of Irish ancestry; people of Irish collective culture). Ireland is not for the self-determination of the Japanese people.
Ireland's law is based on nationality not ethnicity. If your mother or father was born in Ireland then you are granted a right to Irish citizenship. You parents might be Eskimo or Polynesians, doesn't matter. The laws also make no mention of concepts like "self determination of the Irish people" which is nothing to do with race or ethnicity but government, a governmental system.
Just so, Israel is the for the self-determination of the Jewish people (people of Jewish ancestry). What place is for the self-determination of the Arab people? (And I'd be real, real careful of the term "Arab" here, as it touches much closer to imperialism and colonialism than other terms you might have chosen.)
So self determination within Israel is a privilege given only to Jews, I get it, I know, this is why people call Israel racist and apartheid. You've normalized in your mind just as white South Africans did once, actually many still do.

The truly shocking thing to me is that Israelis, Zionists seem intellectually incapable of comprehending that the Nazis thought very much the same way. In a rational world Jews would want nothing to do with such racial supremacy, but most embrace it, don't care that they have become the very thing that once persecuted them and go on to repeat the same crimes and eventually suffer the same fate, the blind leading the blind.

Last edited:
Why do our governments support and arm these neo-Nazi monsters

1723066217216.png

Our governments are no better, we share the same colonial ideology.

So self determination within Israel is a privilege given only to Jews,
No. This is where you have made an unreasoned leap. Israel is a place for ALL her citizens. There are many ways to become a citizen of Israel. ONE of those ways is to have Jewish ancestry or to belong to the cultural collective of the Jewish people. Israel is the place where the Jewish people hold a collective right known as self-determination. All other peoples also hold a right to self-determination based on the collective rights of their ancestry, especially (!) in their homeland.

Elections have consequences ?
If Kamala Harris live-streamed herself torturing a puppy to death she'd lose the support of everyone, but openly backing the torture and murder of an entire enclave full of Palestinians is being overlooked by self-declared progressives as a forgivable little foible.

No. This is where you have made an unreasoned leap. Israel is a place for ALL her citizens. There are many ways to become a citizen of Israel. ONE of those ways is to have Jewish ancestry or to belong to the cultural collective of the Jewish people. Israel is the place where the Jewish people hold a collective right known as self-determination. All other peoples also hold a right to self-determination based on the collective rights of their ancestry, especially (!) in their homeland.

Listen to a Jew

Listen to the story he tells at 3:38 about a professional Arab couple who wanted to buy a home in a Jewish settlement.

So do not pretend, you are not a Jew, you are a Zionist, a racist, a xenophobe and deserve everything that's coming your way.

Last edited:
1723067873635.png

And some people are seriously perplexed about an increase in antisemitism recently!

Read Animal Farm, it has an important observation "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others”.
Like nearly all of your posts, this one is entirely irrelevant to what is happening and what has happened in Israel.

It is curious that you call yourself Sherlock Holames since Holmes dealt with facts and logic and your post contain neither.

Forum List

Back