Assault rifles for self defense

This assault rifle crap is just that, crap. A weapon is a weapon it doesn't change it's function in any way. My 30-06 is no different than the AR-15, the .40 pistol or the 12 guage. They are just there to be used as I need them. So far all of my weapons no matter what they look like is the same, they are defensive weapons. Until I go hunting then they become offensive weapons.

Offense or defense only comes down to what you the individual are using it for. There is no such thing as an assault or defensive weapon in the design of that weapon. It's how you choose to use it.

It's also a great hobby. Shooting, collecting, reloading, rebuilding etc etc.

This assault rifle crap is just that, crap. A weapon is a weapon it doesn't change it's function in any way. My 30-06 is no different than the AR-15, the .40 pistol or the 12 guage. They are just there to be used as I need them. So far all of my weapons no matter what they look like is the same, they are defensive weapons. Until I go hunting then they become offensive weapons.

Offense or defense only comes down to what you the individual are using it for. There is no such thing as an assault or defensive weapon in the design of that weapon. It's how you choose to use it.

It's a battle the gun grabbers think they can win, so they continue to feed their mindless minions a steady diet of B.S.

They've gotten their collective asses handed to them for 25 years, one loss after another, and NONE of their dire end of the world predictions have come to fruition.

Crime is down.

Violent crime is down.

Homicides are down.

Millions of Americans carry concealed weapons and it ISN'T the "wild west".

Assault weapon ownership is at an ALL TIME HIGH, thanks to the gun grabbers.

Soon they will fall under the "in common use" protection of U.S. v. Miller...if we haven't reached that threshold already.

Fear of black guns...misinformation...and zealotry are the only arrows in their quiver, and they fall far short of the firepower necessary.

Last edited:
How, exactly, does an assault rifle differ from any other rifle?

an "assault rifle" is a full auto weapon, commonly referred to as a "machine gun", they are heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934, also quite cost prohibitive, a Colt M16 costs about $16,000.00, back around 1980 an M16 cost around $1,500.00 :eek:

Absolutely. The wife and I went to the range this morning.

She has been meticulously refurbishing a rust coat basket case SKS she bought at the pawn shop for $70...just as a learning experience.

She shot it for the first time today, and couldn't have been happier! :thup:

Absolutely, good entertainment for sure. Nothing like getting your first 25/25 on the trap range. Also doesn't hurt your relationship with your father in law in my case.

WHY ?? is it when a "gun nut" says "come and take it".., a bed wetter/liberal usually pops up accusing the "gun nut" of being an i-net commando, rather than back up his/her loud mouth claims of "ban guns" and show up at the gun owners door and take the gun away from the legal owner ?

sooooooo, bed wetter come/go take that gun rather than hide behind "you are an internet commando", show off your i-net commandoism by taking that gun !! ::up

WHY ?? is it when a "gun nut" says "come and take it".., a bed wetter/liberal usually pops up accusing the "gun nut" of being an i-net commando, rather than back up his/her loud mouth claims of "ban guns" and show up at the gun owners door and take the gun away from the legal owner ?

sooooooo, bed wetter come/go take that gun rather than hide behind "you are an internet commando", show off your i-net commandoism by taking that gun !! ::up

Cowards is why

Years ago I took an oath to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic

Hope I don't have to face a domestic enemy, but I sure as hell wont run or willingly surrender to one either

-Geaux

How, exactly, does an assault rifle differ from any other rifle?

an "assault rifle" is a full auto weapon, commonly referred to as a "machine gun", they are heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934, also quite cost prohibitive, a Colt M16 costs about $16,000.00, back around 1980 an M16 cost around $1,500.00 :eek:

Then assault weapons are already banned and there is no need to continue this discussion.

She has been meticulously refurbishing a rust coat basket case SKS she bought at the pawn shop for $70...just as a learning experience.

How'd she do? :D

Also note: if you modified your motorcycle to carry a rifle case...you might be a redneck.

I don't get the term "assault rifle". Not being a smart ass here. Just a gun lover from way back (I'm a big black powder girl) but I really don't like that term bandied about.

Cowards is why (i agree 101%)

Years ago I took an oath to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic

Hope I don't have to face a domestic enemy, but I sure as hell wont run or willingly surrender to one either

-Geaux

i also took that oath..., 5 times and never once UN-took it.., therefore i believe i am still under oath, there is no mention in my discharge or retirement papers that my oath was rescinded. :up:

lighter, accessory friendly, semi-automatic, not as accurate, more rounds

My AR is more accurate than the vast majority of hunting rifles out there.

Never heard of anyone managing to make the Thousand Yard Club with an AR!

you have not ?? better do a search on thousand yard shots with an AR..., thousand yard shots with an AR - Google Search

since "AR's" are now produced in many different calibers, you need to do some research, start with the above URL :up:

I don't get the term "assault rifle". Not being a smart ass here. Just a gun lover from way back (I'm a big black powder girl) but I really don't like that term bandied about.

TD, my dear young lady, "assault rife" came into existence mostly by the media..,
According to Kobayashi and Olson in the Stanford Law and Policy Review, “Prior to 1989, the term 'assault weapon' did not exist in the lexicon of firearms. It is a political term, developed by anti-gun publicists to expand the category of 'assault rifles' so as to allow an attack on as many additional firearms as possible on the basis of undefined 'evil' appearance.”
What is An Assault Weapon? Nothing More Than a Scary Term Created By Politicians and the Media

do a search on this topic: 1986 automatic gun ban

The assault rifle is the gunnuts religious icon and phallic symbol all in one silly peice. They have no reasonable civilian use, designed for the sole purpose of killing other human beings. But the "Conservatives", in their bed wetting paroxyms of fear of everything that is not them, consider the killing of fellow human beings to be the ultimate test of manhood.
It's always amusing when someone who's incapable of thinking for himself believes he can dictate what other people think. :lol:

Indeed. You can kill someone with a Lexan riot shield.

No such thing as a defensive weapon.

How'd she do? :D

Also note: if you modified your motorcycle to carry a rifle case...you might be a redneck.

She can shoot, but the LOP on the SKS isn't right for her, though it is much shorter than a standard LOP on American rifles...but she still did ok with it.

We took the 9mm's too, and she gave me a run for my money on accuracy @ 25 yards, even though I have 10 years handgun experience on her AND military training.

TD, my dear young lady, "assault rife" came into existence mostly by the media..,
According to Kobayashi and Olson in the Stanford Law and Policy Review, “Prior to 1989, the term 'assault weapon' did not exist in the lexicon of firearms. It is a political term, developed by anti-gun publicists to expand the category of 'assault rifles' so as to allow an attack on as many additional firearms as possible on the basis of undefined 'evil' appearance.”
What is An Assault Weapon? Nothing More Than a Scary Term Created By Politicians and the Media

do a search on this topic: 1986 automatic gun ban

I have to give you rep just for calling me "dear young lady"

Be still my heart. :eusa_angel:

Thanks for the link though by the way because I always wanted to know the basis for the term. Always knew it was a media link but this puts it absolutely where it should be.

Over bullshit up here they managed to combine females (had to be a sexist), gun deaths omitting the fact that the shooter was muslim, hated women, and got a long gun registry to die over across the nation for over decades.

You won't believe what they did up here.

Forum List

Back