Assault rifles for self defense

We will see. He's been asked to appoint a special investigator to investigate the special prosecutor he specially assigned.

:thup:

Florida Gov. Rick Scott had a blunt message to protesters who set up camp at the Capitol building and refused to budge unless the governor called a special session on “stand-your-ground” laws: No.

Read more: Fla. Gov. Rick Scott tells Trayvon Martin supporters: Keeping self-defense gun law - Washington Times

Here's the token gun bill supported by NRA (and me as a gun owner) for the rigamarole stirred up recently:

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill to close a loophole in firearm sales to some mentally ill people
Gov. Rick Scott signs bill to close loophole in firearm sales to mentally ill | Tampa Bay Times

Not going to happen and that makes them bat shit crazy.

I'm glad you are down there. My dad in law is out of the coast, Space coast the old man is.

I have been there...Cocoa Beach, June 2012.

But does that make your dad a, well, space shot?

*ducks and runs* :cool:

The assault rifle is the gunnuts religious icon and phallic symbol all in one silly peice. They have no reasonable civilian use, designed for the sole purpose of killing other human beings. But the "Conservatives", in their bed wetting paroxyms of fear of everything that is not them, consider the killing of fellow human beings to be the ultimate test of manhood.

Oh bull.

Guns are FUN.

And useful.

I am so glad you walked in this door.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott had a blunt message to protesters who set up camp at the Capitol building and refused to budge unless the governor called a special session on “stand-your-ground” laws: No.

Read more: Fla. Gov. Rick Scott tells Trayvon Martin supporters: Keeping self-defense gun law - Washington Times

Here's the token gun bill supported by NRA (and me as a gun owner) for the rigamarole stirred up recently:

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill to close a loophole in firearm sales to some mentally ill people
Gov. Rick Scott signs bill to close loophole in firearm sales to mentally ill | Tampa Bay Times

I'm glad you are down there. My dad in law is out of the coast, Space coast the old man is.

:lol:

whoa geeze you have no idea how it can go from there. dad in law by the way.

He's German, Dude's amazing He really did work on most of the buildings. VA was his.

From the article above:"and it pains our heart that we do live in a state where a child can be killed just for the way he looks.”

It's a testament to just how badly the Dumbicrats have been defeated that they have to lie about everything. Trayvon Martin was not shot because of "the way he looks". Trayvon Martin was shot because he wanted to play ghetto gangsta-thug and it backfired on him.

He could've have gone home, he decided to go back and confront Geroge Zimmerman. He could've called 911 (like George Zimmerman did) - he chose instead to play ghetto gangsta-thug. He could've called his dad - he chose instead to play ghetto gangsta-thug.

He wanted to play ghetto gangsta-thug "tough guy" while his girlfriend was on the phone and, as it always does, it ended badly for him.

From the article above:"and it pains our heart that we do live in a state where a child can be killed just for the way he looks.”

It's a testament to just how badly the Dumbicrats have been defeated that they have to lie about everything. Trayvon Martin was not shot because of "the way he looks". Trayvon Martin was shot because he wanted to play ghetto gangsta-thug and it backfired on him.

He could've have gone home, he decided to go back and confront Geroge Zimmerman. He could've called 911 (like George Zimmerman did) - he chose instead to play ghetto gangsta-thug. He could've called his dad - he chose instead to play ghetto gangsta-thug.

He wanted to play ghetto gangsta-thug "tough guy" while his girlfriend was on the phone and, as it always does, it ended badly for him.

It's never about the truth, it's about *gasp* guns.

Typical communist anti-gunners they are. They want everyone to do what they do, despite the Constitution

If you don't like guns fine.

I do

And so do more than your lame ass President can handle

Stick to what you like, and we'll stick to what we like. We don't force you to own guns no more than you can force us not too.

Just don't come crying to my front door when SHTF and your family is in peril and your belongings are pilfered.

-Geaux

He's German, Dude's amazing He really did work on most of the buildings. VA was his.

Best BBQ I ever had was the Slow-N-Low in Cocoa Beach. :)

I was with a big group...it was the kickoff (the cruise ship terminal at Port Canaveral) for the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour. :D

Best BBQ I ever had was the Slow-N-Low in Cocoa Beach. :)

I was with a big group...it was the kickoff (the cruise ship terminal at Port Canaveral) for the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour. :D

Turkey Rod Run. Daytona Beach.

Light em up!

Never heard of it. Next year's Power Tour is Charlotte, NC to Wisconsin Dells.

Long Haul Gang, 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012! :)

Never heard of it. Next year's Power Tour is Charlotte, NC to Wisconsin Dells.

Long Haul Gang, 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012! :)

I only get up there for bikes.

Rod Run and Gatornationals and some other sneaking in track days is as far as I get.

data.png

So based on the CHANCE of someone using a weapon for criminal activites, I have to lose my right to own said weapon, even with no prior bad acts and no current indication of any potential malicous activities?

So I guess because I MAY use fighting words on someone, I have to be gagged and prevented from speaking entirely.
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

It has been established that the 2nd amendment is an individual right. But please show us where that amendment says anything about hunting or about needing to serve the public good.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

What the fuck is an assault rifle? I was in the Navy for years, and know quite a few people that own guns, and I have never seen one. I bet I could walk into any gun store in this country and not find a single assault rifle for sale, yet people keep complaining about them. Can you provide some type of definition? Are you aware that the Bushmaster that everyone is currently whinging about was not covered by the Public Safety and Recreational use Firearms Protection Act?
actually the Bushmaster AR-15 would have met the assault weapons ban of the 90's

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
Detachable magazine.

And that decade long ban accomplished what??

Only about 1% of violent crimes prior to that ban used weapons that fit that description.

Guess what? During the ban only about 1% of violent crimes used weapons that fit that description.

Until gun ban proponents can even come up with a definition for assault weapon besides that of the arbitrarily, and hilarious 1994 ban, we're going to be talking about this for many years to come.

In the meantime, if there are items you may want from the firearms category, i would get them now.
whats wrong with Assault Weapons ban legislation definition? you asked for a definition and I provided it. now explain why it unacceptable.

You mean the one that makes it illegal to have guns that have a method for affixing a bayonet to them? I'm sorry, but is there a big problem with people being killed with bayonets? Do we have a lot of driveby bayonetings?

Many gun owners are kooks. And that concerns the rest of us that aren't kooks. I don't think that we need to make certain that kooks are armed and dangerous to others.

That's about as anti-liberty a post as it gets.

"I don't like those people who think differently than me. We should do something about them..."

It's not simply that they "think differently." They are kooks, and should not be trusted with guns of any kind.

Care to define "kook"?

Try this one.
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home (2010) | Guns Save Lives

You did just ask for one, right? Question answered.

Really good ONE example. Now find 11,999 more examples to match the number of gun homocides in this country per year and you MIGHT have an argument.

Except there aren't 12,000 homicides using "assault rifles" each year. And that was what was asked.

There are far more than 12k instances of a firearm being used to defend an innocent person or to stop a crime.

So based on the CHANCE of someone using a weapon for criminal activites, I have to lose my right to own said weapon, even with no prior bad acts and no current indication of any potential malicous activities?

So I guess because I MAY use fighting words on someone, I have to be gagged and prevented from speaking entirely.
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

It has been established that the 2nd amendment is an individual right. But please show us where that amendment says anything about hunting or about needing to serve the public good.

"The right to keep and bear arms"....That lacks any semblance of ambiguity.
Deal with it!

Forum List

Back