Assault rifles for self defense

Meanwhile, check out my newest Zombie killer!!!! Removes whole heads with one shot!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPcy-J61lo]MOSSBERG 930 SLUG DESTRUCTION - YouTube[/ame]

Mossberg 930 12G semi-auto tactical.

winning

shitbag...hitting a target is easier with an assault rifle than with a handgun. It is clear you have never fired a gun, asswipe.

I knew people in the military that would fail to qualify shooting the M9 but would qualify easily with the M16. The longer barrel and more surface space to control makes hitting the target easier. Uh....that is why the average soldier uses a RIFLE in battle not a handgun with lesser range and accuracy.

Also, a criminal like YOU will shit his pants faster if staring at a women pointing a AK47 back in your face compared to her holding a little handgun that might give you the balls to rush her.

Oh, go fuck yourself.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

Try this one.
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home (2010) | Guns Save Lives

You did just ask for one, right? Question answered.

Really good ONE example. Now find 11,999 more examples to match the number of gun homocides in this country per year and you MIGHT have an argument.

Except there aren't 12,000 homicides using "assault rifles" each year. And that was what was asked.

There are far more than 12k instances of a firearm being used to defend an innocent person or to stop a crime.
Really? Then let's hear about them. But you don't have to show "far more" than 12k....just 12k will do. And I'm presuming you mean per year of course.

Really good ONE example. Now find 11,999 more examples to match the number of gun homocides in this country per year and you MIGHT have an argument.

Except there aren't 12,000 homicides using "assault rifles" each year. And that was what was asked.

There are far more than 12k instances of a firearm being used to defend an innocent person or to stop a crime.
Really? Then let's hear about them. But you don't have to show "far more" than 12k....just 12k will do. And I'm presuming you mean per year of course.
Truth is, you will likely not find an example of an assault rifle used by a private citizen to stop a crime.

An 'assault weapon'? That's another story.

Of course, only a few hundred murders each year are committed with a rifle of any type, so any argument that 'assault weapons' are a danger to society immeduiately falls flat on its face.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

To at least try to be intellectually honest here you should change the term assault rifle to semi automatic rifle because any assault rifle that can be purchased by the general public is nothing but a semiautomatic rifle with some extra doodads on it.

If you were trying to gin up some fervor over cars used as weapons would you care if the car had chrome rims or pinstripes?

Assault rifles are not a good choice for home defense. Likely engagement distance makes a long gun unwieldy and easier to deflect. Pistol's best in the home. Plus the penetration power of any rifle round makes it more likely after going completely through the target, it's gonna go through the walls and into a neighbor's home.

Since the stats are more subjective with crime preventions, perhaps these will do?

"Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year"

"A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year"

from: Estimating intruder-related firearm retrievals... [Violence Vict. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI

Merruccans need assault weapons because they never know when the urge to kill lots of people will strike them. Best to be prepared.

i would like to invite ALL board members to read this, some of us already know what an ASSAULT RIFLE is, but the majority do NOT !!

The Truth About Assault Weapons

can this be made any clearer ??

I think it has been established that the term "assault rifle" is about cosmetics rather than actual firearms.

I think it has also been established that the previous bans did nothing.

More importantly, it has been established that those who favor bans on "assault weapons" don't care whether it is about cosmetics or whether it actually accomplishes anything.

Merruccans need assault weapons because they never know when the urge to kill lots of people will strike them. Best to be prepared.

Come back when you have something intelligent to add to the discussion. So far you have not hit that mark.

Assault rifles are not a good choice for home defense. Likely engagement distance makes a long gun unwieldy and easier to deflect. Pistol's best in the home. Plus the penetration power of any rifle round makes it more likely after going completely through the target, it's gonna go through the walls and into a neighbor's home.

No, they are not the best choice for home defense. Unless you have some really BIG rooms or long hallways. lol

from GSLs
----------------
Sounds almost tyrannical that a government would use one of their databases of citizens to track down and arrest those citizens because they aren’t in their new database of citizens. Well, that’s what might happen in CT.

As you may or may not be aware, a very large portion of firearms that are required, by law, to be registered with the state of Connecticut, were not, in fact, registered with the state of Connecticut.

Some people say it’s a massive act of civil disobedience, others say it’s ignorance of a new law and deadlines. Whatever the reason, The Hartford Courant wants all of those people punished.

By some estimates, 20,000 – 100,000 residents may have failed to register their firearms with the state. Here is what the Courant has to say about that in a recent editorial,

Although willful noncompliance with the law is doubtless a major issue, it’s possible that many gun owners are unaware of their obligation to register military-style assault weapons and would do so if given another chance.

Hartford Courant Wants CT Police to Arrest Tens of Thousands for Failing to Register Their Guns

Come back when you have something intelligent to add to the discussion. So far you have not hit that mark.

Oh I forgot, they also need assault rifles because you never know when a whole herd of deer might cross your path...

My previous comment still applies.

Oh I forgot, they also need assault rifles because you never know when a whole herd of deer might cross your path...

Anyways, the government keeps all the really badass weapons for themselves and don't let ordinary citizens have them. The 2nd Amendment be damned!!

Anyways, the government keeps all the really badass weapons for themselves and don't let ordinary citizens have them. The 2nd Amendment be damned!!

The so called "badass" weapons are usually not small arms. And if they are it is just a matter of being fully automatic. That lets you spray a lot of rounds, but is not conducive to accuracy.

Forum List

Back