Assault rifles for self defense

What are "assault rifles"? Does the sissie left even understand the difference between full automatic and semi automatic or bolt action and lever action? Liberal politicians created the phrase "assault rifles" to demonize the ugly things that their body guards are allowed to carry but not law abiding citizens.

Absolutely. The wife and I went to the range this morning.

She has been meticulously refurbishing a rust coat basket case SKS she bought at the pawn shop for $70...just as a learning experience.

She shot it for the first time today, and couldn't have been happier! :thup:

How'd she do? :D

Also note: if you modified your motorcycle to carry a rifle case...you might be a redneck.

She can shoot, but the LOP on the SKS isn't right for her, though it is much shorter than a standard LOP on American rifles...but she still did ok with it.

We took the 9mm's too, and she gave me a run for my money on accuracy @ 25 yards, even though I have 10 years handgun experience on her AND military training.

You're blessed to have that great girl. And keep saying that no matter what .....

:lol:

Sometimes though and please ask your wife ;my great uncle told me (it's a sophia moment coming at you) that a woman who can hunt or shoot has the natural ability to do so.

I know my husband freaked out the first time I picked up a bow. I'd only been watching this Ted Nugent series waaaay back and never done archery before in my life. But when I picked it up, it was me.

Does that make any sense?

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

multiple Traythugs

How, exactly, does an assault rifle differ from any other rifle?

Firing the world's biggest caliber rifle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4-oAvm1TO8]Firing the world's biggest caliber rifle - YouTube[/ame]

My bro has a Beowulf.

Hole E. Giggle gun. The men giggle like little girls when that thing comes out.

Too much gun for me.

You want to see men go to heaven right before your very eyes?

Don't answer that......:eusa_angel: Let's keep it clean.

Well hell's bells I did too so I best confess.

Only place ever to dance next to apart from Graceland.

Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.

My bro has a Beowulf.

Hole E. Giggle gun. The men giggle like little girls when that thing comes out.

Too much gun for me.

You want to see men go to heaven right before your very eyes?

Don't answer that......:eusa_angel: Let's keep it clean.

Well hell's bells I did too so I best confess.

Only place ever to dance next to apart from Graceland.

Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.

The AR is as big as I go, I have to stop in between, shake it off and have my own giggle.

The assault rifle is the gunnuts religious icon and phallic symbol all in one silly peice. They have no reasonable civilian use, designed for the sole purpose of killing other human beings. But the "Conservatives", in their bed wetting paroxyms of fear of everything that is not them, consider the killing of fellow human beings to be the ultimate test of manhood.

Oh bull.

Guns are FUN.

And useful.

The assault rifle is the gunnuts religious icon and phallic symbol all in one silly peice. They have no reasonable civilian use, designed for the sole purpose of killing other human beings. But the "Conservatives", in their bed wetting paroxyms of fear of everything that is not them, consider the killing of fellow human beings to be the ultimate test of manhood.
It's always amusing when someone who's incapable of thinking for himself believes he can dictate what other people think. :lol:

That's the collectivist mantra.

What are "assault rifles"? Does the sissie left even understand the difference between full automatic and semi automatic or bolt action and lever action? Liberal politicians created the phrase "assault rifles" to demonize the ugly things that their body guards are allowed to carry but not law abiding citizens.

To the left, an "assault weapon" is any weapon not in the hands of their picked representatives. No one else should have weapons period because that interfere's with their objective of control.

How, exactly, does an assault rifle differ from any other rifle?

an "assault rifle" is a full auto weapon, commonly referred to as a "machine gun", they are heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934, also quite cost prohibitive, a Colt M16 costs about $16,000.00, back around 1980 an M16 cost around $1,500.00 :eek:

Then assault weapons are already banned and there is no need to continue this discussion.
This statement is so wrong, I don't know where to begin.

Last edited:
I have a couple of AR's but if really want to blow someones head off at a distance then I pull out the Nagant or the M-14 or M1A1 as it is called.

It just completely frost these anti- gun radicals, thus, Anti-Americans when they get all lathered up after a murder only to come across with 'sensible' gun legislation that main street America shoves up their arse.

Not going to happen here in the US. But please, keep getting worked up. It makes for great entertainment.

-Geaux

Florida Gov. Rick Scott had a blunt message to protesters who set up camp at the Capitol building and refused to budge unless the governor called a special session on “stand-your-ground” laws: No.

Read more: Fla. Gov. Rick Scott tells Trayvon Martin supporters: Keeping self-defense gun law - Washington Times

Here's the token gun bill supported by NRA (and me as a gun owner) for the rigamarole stirred up recently:

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill to close a loophole in firearm sales to some mentally ill people
Gov. Rick Scott signs bill to close loophole in firearm sales to mentally ill | Tampa Bay Times

Not going to happen and that makes them bat shit crazy.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott had a blunt message to protesters who set up camp at the Capitol building and refused to budge unless the governor called a special session on “stand-your-ground” laws: No.

Read more: Fla. Gov. Rick Scott tells Trayvon Martin supporters: Keeping self-defense gun law - Washington Times

Here's the token gun bill supported by NRA (and me as a gun owner) for the rigamarole stirred up recently:

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill to close a loophole in firearm sales to some mentally ill people
Gov. Rick Scott signs bill to close loophole in firearm sales to mentally ill | Tampa Bay Times

I'm glad you are down there. My dad in law is out of the coast, Space coast the old man is.

He's a good man with balls.

Forum List

Back