Assault rifles for self defense

Again, in an emergency situation most people have a hard time keeping a handgun on its target thus miss the target. Missing a criminal in your house or on the street isn't a good thing if they have a weapon or are crazy enough to charge you.

An assault weapon can fire more rounds, more lethal rounds and hit the target with greater ease, thus protecting the shooter better than a handgun.

In the end it is clear liberals want criminals to kill innocent people when they want to ensure law abiding citizens can't properly protect themselves with the gun of their choice.

The weapon of choice for the police is the AR, it's the perfect offensive and defensive weapon to have in any firefight.

Why would anyone not choose the same weapon for their own defensive needs?

Again, in an emergency situation most people have a hard time keeping a handgun on its target thus miss the target. Missing a criminal in your house or on the street isn't a good thing if they have a weapon or are crazy enough to charge you.

An assault weapon can fire more rounds, more lethal rounds and hit the target with greater ease, thus protecting the shooter better than a handgun.

In the end it is clear liberals want criminals to kill innocent people when they want to ensure law abiding citizens can't properly protect themselves with the gun of their choice.

Of all the weapons available to the police they choose the AR, that should tell you something right there. It's the best weapon to be armed with in multiple situations. No cop want's a damn six shooter in a firefight but these left wing idiots don't think you should even get that.

First liberals will ban assault weapons, then they will move on to hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns, bb guns, etc until only criminals own guns....

First liberals will ban assault weapons, then they will move on to hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns, bb guns, etc until only criminals own guns....

The first problem is they actually have us calling them assault weapons when we shouldn't even be using that term. I'm guilty of it as well in a previous post.

They are not assault weapons they are simply arms.

Yup Liberals can not even describe state or show what makes a weapon an "assault" rifle. They resort to , I know one when I see it. Then pictures of what the law does not call assault rifles have them agreeing it is one.

Further almost no crime is committed with the supposed assault rifle. Only 400 murders a year due to ANY rifle occur. Criminals prefer the handgun. Gangs use rifles in drive bys sometimes or in gang fights but most crime with a firearm is not by any type of rifle.

Further the 39 Supreme Court ruling established that a weapon in use by the military is, if a civilian version, protected under the 2nd Amendment.

It has always amazed me that the anti-gun crowd focuses on handguns and "assault rifles". If someone were to decide to go after mass murderer records, a scoped hunting rifle would be a scary weapon. I don't think the libs realize who far away most hunters can use their rifles for lethal results.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

looks like deadly assault weapons aren't really all that deadly

3-160214183651.png

The guvmint already restricts your 2nd amendment rights by not allowing you to own ANY kind of arms you want. Which is not what the 2nd says.

Assault rifles are not a good choice for home defense. Likely engagement distance makes a long gun unwieldy and easier to deflect. Pistol's best in the home. Plus the penetration power of any rifle round makes it more likely after going completely through the target, it's gonna go through the walls and into a neighbor's home.

Detroit

FEBRUARY 19

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpv9tJwjmAk#t=75]Mom fights back against home invaders on Detroit's west side - YouTube[/ame]

Small hole, high velocity.

That's the point. It's a .22 caliber slug at very high velocity. The piercing power is extreme.

Unless you have atypical ammo the bullet broke apart.

It very well might have, but not before it went through a quarter inch plate of steel. I shoot FMJ exclusively in the Mini-14's. No hollow points.

We were discussing home defense though, not many people have 1/4" thick steel walls. Box of Truth or something like that, did the test with multiple sheets of drywall. The AR round was the worst for penetrating down the line.

Dry wall is soft, it doesn't take much to go through it.

My point is a 9mm is a fairly large slug, with not a lot of grains of powder - about half of what is in a .223 load. So a slug less than half the mass, propelled by over twice the powder; the velocity is exponentially greater.

When I was a teen in the 70's, "Guns and Ammo" did a series on the trend of police switching from .38 specials to 9mm. The main reason was that the .38 had a tendency to go through walls, car doors, bodies, etc. and hit what was on the other side. They wanted a firearm with similar stopping power due to slug mass, but less muzzle velocity. The 9mm fit the bill.

A 9mm has nowhere near the power of a .223

The weapon of choice for the police is the AR, it's the perfect offensive and defensive weapon to have in any firefight.

Why would anyone not choose the same weapon for their own defensive needs?

Because it's pretty hard to fit an AR15 in my sock drawer....

I keep a .38 revolver in my drawer for home defense. The first cylinder has a shotshell with rubber pellets. The next two have rubber slugs. The last three have inverse hollow points.

Why?

Well, I really don't want to kill anyone. Plus that off chance of an accident. The first round is utterly non-lethal. At close range it will hurt like hell and stun the person.

The hard rubber slugs are usually not lethal, but they are solid and hit hard. Studies show that a head shot is often lethal with the rubber slug.

The inverse hollow points are there because if the first three shots didn't make my point, I want the motherfucker dead. They'll rip a grapefruit size hole in a person.

The guvmint already restricts your 2nd amendment rights by not allowing you to own ANY kind of arms you want. Which is not what the 2nd says.
Please relieve yourself of your ignorance.
United States v. Miller | LII / Legal Information Institute

Still not what the 2nd says, you're just rolling over for a tyrannical guvmint. :clap2:
Thank you for continuing to help prove the premise than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

looks like deadly assault weapons aren't really all that deadly

3-160214183651.png

And don't forget what people call assault rifles are only a subset of all rifles.

So obviously you're still buying Shrub's "mission accomplished" schick. Here's a clue, Shrub installed a Shiite government in Iraq, which is best buds with Iran. Al Qaeda is stronger now than before his invasion of Afghanistan. And he wasted $3 trillion of our money doing it. You're looking at the moron in the mirror.

I opposed war in Iraq from day one.

Bush installed no government in Iraq, he allowed free elections. But guess what? The majority is Shiite, so what would anyone sane expect to happen? I never saw a good outcome in Iraq, and still don't. IF we needed to oust Saddam, which is open for debate, then the Shock and Awe phase should have been the ONLY phase to the war.

As far as your partisan bullshit on Al Qaeda, it is just that, bullshit. Obama claims to have destroyed Al Qaeda, which is obviously false - Obama lies, about everything. But Al Qaeda is a fraction of what they were on 9-11-2001. Obama installed Al Qaeda as the government of Egypt. A popularly backed military coup drove Obama's Al Qaeda allies from power, greatly diminishing their control.

Here's a clue, by overthrowing the Sunni government, the invasion gave the Shiite's the control of the government.

It's you that lies. Obama NEVER claimed to have destroyed Al Qaeda. If you're not lying show the link where he said it. You're also lying about the Egyptian military being a faction of Al Qaeda, and lying about Obama installing it.

Republican habitual lying only diminishes the GOP credibility. You can fool the ignorant, but they are the minority. Never gonna win that way.

Here's a clue, by overthrowing the Sunni government, the invasion gave the Shiite's the control of the government.

Popular elections in a country dominated by Shiites gave the Shiites control.

It's you that lies. Obama NEVER claimed to have destroyed Al Qaeda.

Another fucking liar for Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcCcR4tfGas&feature=player_embedded]On Veteran's Day Obama Again Says Al-Qaeda Is on "Path of Defeat" - YouTube[/ame]

If you're not lying show the link where he said it. You're also lying about the Egyptian military being a faction of Al Qaeda, and lying about Obama installing it.

The military defeated the Al Qaeda government of Mohamed Morsi, who Obama had installed as ruler of Egypt.

Do at least TRY to follow along, sparky.

Republican habitual lying only diminishes the GOP credibility. You can fool the ignorant, but they are the minority. Never gonna win that way.

The "truth" is that which serves Obama, eh Comrade?

Forum List

Back