Associated Press Headline Casts Official House Hearing On Benghazi as 'GOP Hearing'

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Mark Finkelstein

The Associated Press could not very well ignore today's hearing at which whistleblowers are testifying as to the events surrounding the Benghazi attack and the Obama administration's failed response thereto. So AP did the next best thing from its liberal perspective: it downplayed the hearing's significance, casting it as a purely partisan event in its headline as a "GOP hearing." That is not mere MSM spin: it is blatant journalistic malpractice. This is not some unofficial hearing held under Republican auspices. It is an entirely official hearing before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Yes, there has in recent been a faux House "hearing" held by a political party for partisan purposes. That would be the "hearing" held by Democrats in February 2012, featuring Sandra Fluke. More after the jump.

Read more: Associated Press Headline Casts Official House Hearing On Benghazi as 'GOP Hearing' | NewsBusters

Now why would a leader of the Fourth Estate like the AP print an article of this sort. I would state that based upon their reporting the AP is biased and is not reporting fairly.

By Mark Finkelstein

The Associated Press could not very well ignore today's hearing at which whistleblowers are testifying as to the events surrounding the Benghazi attack and the Obama administration's failed response thereto. So AP did the next best thing from its liberal perspective: it downplayed the hearing's significance, casting it as a purely partisan event in its headline as a "GOP hearing." That is not mere MSM spin: it is blatant journalistic malpractice. This is not some unofficial hearing held under Republican auspices. It is an entirely official hearing before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Yes, there has in recent been a faux House "hearing" held by a political party for partisan purposes. That would be the "hearing" held by Democrats in February 2012, featuring Sandra Fluke. More after the jump.

Read more: Associated Press Headline Casts Official House Hearing On Benghazi as 'GOP Hearing' | NewsBusters

Now why would a leader of the Fourth Estate like the AP print an article of this sort. I would state that based upon their reporting the AP is biased and is not reporting fairly.

Who called the Hearings?

That actually makes the Democrats look even worse.

Our consulate was attacked, invaded, and burned. Four people including the Ambassador were killed. Such events are normally regarded internationally as Acts of War.

And the Democrats don't want to look into them???

Only the GOP is holding hearings, according to AP?

The Associated Press is trying to smear Republicans, of course. But how long will it be before they realize their headline is actually accusing Democrats of gross negligence and dereliction of duty?

Last edited:
GOP Hearing is kind of tame

GOP Witch Hunt is more appropriate

Our consulate was attacked, invaded, and burned. Four people including the Ambassador were killed. Such events are normally regarded internationally as Acts of War.

The Associated Press is trying to smear Republicans, of course. But how long will it be before they realize their headline is actually accusing Democrats of gross negligence and dereliction of duty?

Are you aware that the House is held by............? And that all committee chairs are held by...............?

And on the same day the House votes for the thritysomethingth time to repeal obamacare, because the freshman gopers haven't been able to cast a vote yet.

Who knows. I was astounded how far guns for hostages went and the Monica thing ....

How many hearings were held for all the embassy attacks during the Bush administration? Where was all the Republican concern over the 60 deaths? You have more Republican concern over Benghazi than there was over 9/11.

Bush_embassies-350x186.png

Lets hope that the administration deliberately lied to the American people about what happened in Benghasi. The only other alternative is that they are too damn stupid to see what is clearly before their eyes. The latter is the really scary concept for American safety.

Four Americans dead, attacked in our consulate.

And all rightwinger is concerned with, is what names he can call Republicans as a result.

:cuckoo:

I have seen consulates attacked my whole lifetime

I saw Reagan lose over 200 Marines in Beirut

First Congressional Witch Hunt I have seen though

Last edited:

Four Americans dead, attacked in our consulate.

And all rightwinger is concerned with, is what names he can call Republicans as a result.

:cuckoo:

I have seen consulates attacked my whole lifetime

I saw Reagan lose over 200 Marines in Beirut

First Congressional Witch Hunt I have seen though

Well, there was all the Issa panels, the Clinton blowjob witch hunt, and of course the McCarthy red scare.

ya, all the hearings they held when Bush was President you all called a WITCH HUNT too..

We know you all would let this administration accuse a innocent American citizen and get away with it..you are all so pathetic

The democrats and their lackeys in the press have lost touch with reality. The only thing stopping this debacle from being a musical comedy is a lack of musical talent.

ya, all the hearings they held when Bush was President you all called a WITCH HUNT too..

We know you all would let this administration accuse a innocent American citizen and get away with it..you are all so pathetic

I kind of missed those TORTURE hearings.......can you fill me in?

this administration BLAMED a innocent AMERCIAN CITIZEN for all this..

and you want to talk about TORTURE

By Mark Finkelstein

Finally, a hearing by the GOP on an embassy attack. After how many did they ignore during the Bushtarded Era?

There were ten attacks on embassies when that moron Bush was oafing his way through the White House, and there was no conservative outrage then.

This whole Benghazi fever is a joke, that's already failed to keep Obama from easy victory, and won't convince anyone now.

By Mark Finkelstein

Finally, a hearing by the GOP on an embassy attack. After how many did they ignore during the Bushtarded Era?

There were ten attacks on embassies when that moron Bush was oafing his way through the White House, and there was no conservative outrage then.

This whole Benghazi fever is a joke, that's already failed to keep Obama from easy victory, and won't convince anyone now.

Yeah tell that to families of the dead it's all just a joke
but hey as long as Obama WON, that is all that matters

Last edited:

First American President to officially condone torture and we don't have a hearing?

Much of the world would try him if they could

First American President to officially condone torture and we don't have a hearing?

Much of the world would try him if they could

Torture was a disgrace to the nation. To his credit, though, Bush didn't tell us it was caused by someone posting clips from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Youtube and send out cabinet members to misinform the public about it.

What Bush did does not justify wrongdoing by Obama.

Obama should resign his office or face impeachment by the House of Representatives. It would not surprise me if we could find enough democrats with a sense of honor in the Senate to convict him.

Plainly, our president is guilty as sin.

Forum List

Back