At First You Think It's An Onion Article...

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
But no, the daughter of Newt Gingrich wrote this:

Why are the dually disgraced Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner running for office after engaging in public peccadilloes that would have doubtless persuaded many a lesser man to stay home? Only they know for sure -- their reasoning is probably a bit different than their public pronouncements.

The Arena of Politics

Did she forget that her father cheated on her mother and then cheated on that woman...and still ran for President? (after being the only speaker to step down for ethics violations)

oh boy, that is some haten Seawitch

gingrich didn't RESIGN in a scandal...

Did you forget Bill Clinton cheated on Hillary? so I bet you say the same when Chelsea goes around getting involved in politics

Last edited:

Why are the dually disgraced Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner running for office after engaging in public peccadilloes that would have doubtless persuaded many a lesser man to stay home? Only they know for sure -- their reasoning is probably a bit different than their public pronouncements.

The Arena of Politics

Did she forget that her father cheated on her mother and then cheated on that woman...and still ran for President? (after being the only speaker to step down for ethics violations)

Spitzer resigned in a scandal. He was not just cheating. He was a patron of those that he prosecuted for breaking the law.

Weiner did not just "sext". He falsely accused his political opponents of hacking into his account and planting those photos. In other words, he claimed his political opponents were committing felonies...when, in fact, he knew it was his own wrong doing.

The Arena of Politics

Oh man.

Really?

He left a woman with cancer on her sick bed to get with a newer model.

Gotta love it.

The Arena of Politics

Spitzer resigned in a scandal. He was not just cheating. He was a patron of those that he prosecuted for breaking the law.

Weiner did not just "sext". He falsely accused his political opponents of hacking into his account and planting those photos. In other words, he claimed his political opponents were committing felonies...when, in fact, he knew it was his own wrong doing.

And?

Both men resigned.

They are entering politics again.

If the public doesn't want them..they shouldn't vote for them.

The Arena of Politics

Oh man.

Really?

Gotta love it.

yeah, him and Johnny Edwards have a lot in common..gingrich didn't father a baby out of his and still ran for President...oh and lets not forget Teddy boy Kennedy...the SLEAZBAG who left women to drown that you all admired as a hero

Last edited:

The Arena of Politics

Oh man.

Really?

Gotta love it.

yeah, him and Johnny Edwards have a lot in common..oh and lets not forget Teddy boy Kennedy...the SLEAZBAG who left women to drown that you all admired as a hero

Didn't you "admire" Romney?

Daily Kos: Mitt Romney's Driving Killed Leola Anderson. His Cover-Up Tale is Proved Dishonest

The Arena of Politics

And?

Both men resigned.

Pay attention Sallow.

Nowhere did I say they shouldn't run.

The article cited in the thread simply discussed the irony of how they are viewed by the voting public...it is an opinion piece.

Seawytch tried to compare those two with Newt. And whereas I personally would not vote for Newt as I feel his infidelity is an indication of a man lacking appropriate judgment.....I can not compare his actions with the actions of the other two.

Spitzer broke the law. True, a rarely enforced law....but a law that he, himself, was instrumental in prosecuting.

Weiner "sort of" broke the law. He, in theory, filed a false police report. He told the world that his political opponents hacked into his text account and planted the pictures. He accused them of a felony. And he knew it was a lie.

Newt did not break the law. He acted like an ass....but he did not break the law.

Oh man.

Really?

Gotta love it.

yeah, him and Johnny Edwards have a lot in common..oh and lets not forget Teddy boy Kennedy...the SLEAZBAG who left women to drown that you all admired as a hero

Daily Kos: Mitt Romney's Driving Killed Leola Anderson. His Cover-Up Tale is Proved Dishonest

the daily kos...you are desperate...
now how FUNNY this is the FIRST time we have ever heard about this
they are the same ones who probably wrote on Laura Bush's accident as if she was RUNNING FOR SOMETHING

Last edited:

The Arena of Politics

Gingrich...only speaker to resign for ethics violations.

Gingrich needs to get his kids on a irony diet. At least one of them is irony deficient.

Oh man.

Really?

Gotta love it.

you are better than this Sallow.

And?

Both men resigned.

Pay attention Sallow.

The article cited in the thread simply discussed the irony of how they are viewed by the voting public...it is an opinion piece.

Seawytch tried to compare those two with Newt. And whereas I personally would not vote for Newt as I feel his infidelity is an indication of a man lacking appropriate judgment.....I can not compare his actions with the actions of the other two.

Spitzer broke the law. True, a rarely enforced law....but a law that he, himself, was instrumental in prosecuting.

Weiner "sort of" broke the law. He, in theory, filed a false police report. He told the world that his political opponents hacked into his text account and planted the pictures. He accused them of a felony. And he knew it was a lie.

Newt did not break the law. He acted like an ass....but he did not break the law.

Really?

Ethics charges and reprimand
Vice President Al Gore, House Speaker Newt Gingrich and President Bill Clinton at the 1997 State of the Union Address

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed by Democrats against Gingrich during his term as Speaker. All were eventually dropped except for one: claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes.[75] The House officially reprimanded Gingrich (in a vote of 395 in favor, 28 opposed) and "ordered [him] to reimburse the House for some of the costs of the investigation in the amount of $300,000".[76][77] It was the first time a Speaker was disciplined for an ethics violation.[78][79]

Additionally, the House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[80] The Ethics Committee's Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich had violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated and left that issue up to the IRS.[80] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[81]

Regarding the situation, Gingrich said in January 1997, "I did not manage the effort intensely enough to thoroughly direct or review information being submitted to the committee on my behalf. In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee, but I did not intend to mislead the committee.... I brought down on the people's house a controversy which could weaken the faith people have in their government."[82]
Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In any case..I think it's too soon for Weiner. However if he wins the Democratic Primary, I'd vote for him.

And I thought Spitzer never should have resigned. He's a brilliant guy and New York needs him.

The Arena of Politics

Gingrich needs to get his kids on a irony diet. At least one of them is irony deficient.

but you ignore the crux of my point.

Ethics violations are not good. I agree.

Breaking the law is worse.

Accusing your political opponents of committing felonies you know they did not commit to cover up your own wrong doing is even worse.

The Arena of Politics

really? then the Clintons need to put a muzzle on chelsea...He was IMPEACHED over a scandal with a woman the same age she was at the time
give us a break

And?

Both men resigned.

Pay attention Sallow.

Really?

Vice President Al Gore, House Speaker Newt Gingrich and President Bill Clinton at the 1997 State of the Union Address

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed by Democrats against Gingrich during his term as Speaker. All were eventually dropped except for one: claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes.[75] The House officially reprimanded Gingrich (in a vote of 395 in favor, 28 opposed) and "ordered [him] to reimburse the House for some of the costs of the investigation in the amount of $300,000".[76][77] It was the first time a Speaker was disciplined for an ethics violation.[78][79]

Additionally, the House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[80] The Ethics Committee's Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich had violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated and left that issue up to the IRS.[80] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[81]

Regarding the situation, Gingrich said in January 1997, "I did not manage the effort intensely enough to thoroughly direct or review information being submitted to the committee on my behalf. In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee, but I did not intend to mislead the committee.... I brought down on the people's house a controversy which could weaken the faith people have in their government."[82]

In any case..I think it's too soon for Weiner. However if he wins the Democratic Primary, I'd vote for him.

And I thought Spitzer never should have resigned. He's a brilliant guy and New York needs him.

Really?

You would vote for a guy who has proven that if he makes a mistake, he will not own up to it...but instead blame it on someone else?

You think that is a good thing for NYC?

you are better than this Sallow.

Better than what?

Romney got into a head on collision with a Catholic Priest..killing his passenger.

Any conservative care about that?

Nope.

Pay attention Sallow.

Really?

Really?

You would vote for a guy who has proven that if he makes a mistake, he will not own up to it...but instead blame it on someone else?

You think that is a good thing for NYC?

I've voted for several republicans in the past in local elections.

I won't do that again, until they purge themselves of the nuts.

There should be more Jack Kemps and Bob Doles instead of Ted Cruzes and Michelle Bachmanns.

Better than what?

Romney got into a head on collision with a Catholic Priest..killing his passenger.

Any conservative care about that?

Nope.
Jeez Sallow.

Give me a break.

I am sure Romney planned on that head on collision.

Did Romney walk away and let the people die without seeing if they can be saved?

Or is that just used by the Kennedys?

Forum List

Back