🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AT&T Announces Bonuses!!!!!!!

Nominal figure-wise, $9.3t is a bigger number than $4.9t. But in reality, it’s not the size of the debt which matters, it’s the size of the service on the debt which does. Interest rates were lower under Obama than they were under Bush. Then you have to calculate using real figures on that debt service and also factor in the percentage of GDP.

You’re also ignoring the reality that Bush inherited an economy with a federal annual deficit of about $133b while Obama inherited an economy in a deep recession with federal annual deficit far exceeding a trillion dollars. And you’re ignoring that Bush inherited a projected 10 year surplus of $6 trillion, but instead, increased the debt by $5 trillion AND left office with a ten year projection of increasing the debt another $8 trillion.

Nominal figure-wise, $9.3t is a bigger number than $4.9t.

Yes. Much, much bigger. Even real dollar wise.

But in reality, it’s not the size of the debt which matters,

Really? I want to pat off Bush's debt and Obama's debt, right now.
In reality, how large a check do I write for each, in reality?

it’s the size of the service on the debt which does. Interest rates were lower under Obama than they were under Bush.

You're right, low interest rates (and Federal Reserve profits) stopped Obama's addition to the debt from breaking $10 trillion.

And you’re ignoring that Bush inherited a projected 10 year surplus of $6 trillion,

If the real estate bubble continued thru March 2009, what would the Bush "projected 10 year surplus" have been?
Paying off the debt is not the issue. If you borrow money at 0% interest, paying it back costs you nothing. It’s the interest on the debt that matters. Debt service was lower under Obama than it was Bush, so you can’t simply compare nominal figures of $4.9t debt versus $9.3t.

9sxeu8.jpg

If you borrow money at 0% interest, paying it back costs you nothing.

Paying back Obama's added debt would cost us $9.3 trillion........
How does paying back what you borrow at zero percent interest cost you anything?

$9.3 trillion doesn't grow on trees.
Even if the monthly interest charge is zero.
It does when it’s given to you.

And it costs you nothing to pay back money given to you. If I lend you $100, you’re not out one red cent when you pay back the $100.

it’s the size of the service on the debt which does. Interest rates were lower under Obama than they were under Bush.

You're right, low interest rates (and Federal Reserve profits) stopped Obama's addition to the debt from breaking $10 trillion.

And you’re ignoring that Bush inherited a projected 10 year surplus of $6 trillion,

If the real estate bubble continued thru March 2009, what would the Bush "projected 10 year surplus" have been?
Paying off the debt is not the issue. If you borrow money at 0% interest, paying it back costs you nothing. It’s the interest on the debt that matters. Debt service was lower under Obama than it was Bush, so you can’t simply compare nominal figures of $4.9t debt versus $9.3t.

9sxeu8.jpg

How does paying back what you borrow at zero percent interest cost you anything?

And it costs you nothing to pay back money given to you. If I lend you $100, you’re not out one red cent when you pay back the $100.

If Obama had added $9.3 trillion to the debt, without actually spending it.....you'd have a point.

9sxeu8.jpg

If Obama had added $9.3 trillion to the debt, without actually spending it.....you'd have a point.
Doesn’t matter if it’s spent or not. It’s still doesn’t cost you anything to pay back money lent to you if there’s no interest.

If I lend you $100 and you spend it on dinner, you’re not out one red cent when you pay back the $100.

Doesn’t matter if it’s spent or not. It’s still doesn’t cost you anything to pay back money lent to you if there’s no interest.

If I lend you $100 and you spend it on dinner, you’re not out one red cent when you pay back the $100.

It’s still doesn’t cost you anything to pay back money lent to you if there’s no interest.

Awesome!

Pay back all the debt Obama added.
Let me know when it's done.

It increased about 85%. About the same percentage of increase as Bush and less than Reagan.

It increased about 85%. About the same percentage of increase as Bush and less than Reagan.

Bush added $4.9 trillion. Obama added $9.3 trillion.
Which one is worse?
Nominal figure-wise, $9.3t is a bigger number than $4.9t. But in reality, it’s not the size of the debt which matters, it’s the size of the service on the debt which does. Interest rates were lower under Obama than they were under Bush. Then you have to calculate using real figures on that debt service and also factor in the percentage of GDP.

You’re also ignoring the reality that Bush inherited an economy with a federal annual deficit of about $133b while Obama inherited an economy in a deep recession with federal annual deficit far exceeding a trillion dollars. And you’re ignoring that Bush inherited a projected 10 year surplus of $6 trillion, but instead, increased the debt by $5 trillion AND left office with a ten year projection of increasing the debt another $8 trillion.

9sxeu8.jpg

Over his presidency Obama paid about 2 and a half trillion in interest on other presidents' debt.

It’s still doesn’t cost you anything to pay back money lent to you if there’s no interest.

Awesome!

Why would I pay back $9.3t that was never given to me? Looks like your argument is done.

Bush added $4.9 trillion. Obama added $9.3 trillion.
Which one is worse?

9sxeu8.jpg

Over his presidency Obama paid about 2 and a half trillion in interest on other presidents' debt.

That's awful! Poor guy.

Awesome!

Why would I pay back $9.3t that was never given to me? Looks like your argument is done.

Why would I pay back $9.3t that was never given to me?

You said paying back zero interest debt don't cost nuthin'.

I guess you were wrong.

Awesome!

Paying off the debt is not the issue. If you borrow money at 0% interest, paying it back costs you nothing. It’s the interest on the debt that matters.

So pay it back.

Awesome!

I guess you were wrong.
Nope, not wrong. No one lent me $9.3t. Your argument is done.

Awesome!

Paying off the debt is not the issue. If you borrow money at 0% interest, paying it back costs you nothing. It’s the interest on the debt that matters.

So pay it back.
Pay what back?

Awesome!

I guess you were wrong.

They lent money to the government. You said only the interest matters.
You pay back the principal that doesn't matter, I'll pay the interest.

9sxeu8.jpg

That's awful! Poor guy.

About par for you.

Awesome!

So pay it back.
Pay what back?

The $9.3 trillion that Obama added to the debt.

9sxeu8.jpg

That's awful! Poor guy.

About par for you.

Poor powerless Obama. Din' do nuffin.

Awesome!

I guess you were wrong.

They lent money to the government. You said only the interest matters.
You pay back the principal that doesn't matter, I'll pay the interest.
Why would I pay back a loan I was never given? And I’m certain you don’t have the money to pay the interest.

Awesome!

So pay it back.
Pay what back?

The $9.3 trillion that Obama added to the debt.
What does that have to do with AT&T’s bonuses?

Evidently, last year after making 2.4 BILLION in profits, AT&T could not afford bonuses.

But hey, now that Republicans gave them this huge gift, they announce $1000 bonuses to its employees.

I am sure all the feeble minded Trumpettes think this means their party leaders & their Orange Exalted One did not lie.

1) This is a reward to help Republicans not look like the corp dick suckers they are.

2) Giving that bonus this years means they can deduct it thusly saving 35% (top rate). If they wait until next year, they can deduct it & only save 21%.
SO the fuck what?

It's none of your business what any company gives out in bonuses
It is when I am paying for it.
You're not. Unless you own At&T

Since the tax cut is being financed by public debt, taxpayers are in fact paying for it.

And why is that such a problem now?

No one cared about the Obama debt and by all accounts this is much less that is if the predictions for the next 10 years are reliable which we all know they aren't

This is just whining and more whining

Forum List

Back