Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

If he agreed with me I'd understand him. Since he doesn't it would be arrogant of me to put my words in his mouth.
I didn't ask you to put words in his mouth. I asked you to tell me what you thought Eddington meant when he wrote, "“the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff ... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time...."

Clearly he is saying what I have been saying, that the material world is made up of mind stuff. Which would be information. It's actually mind blowing stuff.

So what you’re saying is that you need imaginery beings and a story book in order to behave?
Actually you just need to experience the consequences of actions. The beatings will continue until the morale improves.

I didn't ask you to put words in his mouth. I asked you to tell me what you thought Eddington meant when he wrote, "“the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff ... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time
Why should anyone care? Anyone can say anything. You need to get it through your head that none of the posters. Here are your assistants. Give someone a reason why they should respond and they will.

Ah, the arrogance of the faithful thinking they win every argument because they see a greater reality.
That's not what I said. What I said is that I see undeserved intellectual superiority from atheists who think that just because they don't believe in anything more than a material existence, they must be more intelligent than those that don't. What I see is an intellectual dead end for not engaging in working through the origin questions.

Why should anyone care? Anyone can say anything. You need to get it through your head that none of the posters. Here are your assistants. Give someone a reason why they should respond and they will.
I wouldn't have expected you to care.

Your logic is flawed. You don't know the universe was caused. It may have always existed in some form. You also know nothing about your "first cause" so you arbitrarily give it intelligence.
That would require you to dismiss a lot of data and evidence. You don't think it takes incredible intelligence to create a universe that through the laws of nature becomes self aware?

That would require you to dismiss a lot of data and evidence. You don't think it takes incredible intelligence to create a universe that through the laws of nature becomes self aware?
Well see, this is where your argument breaks down. What data and evidence are you referring to?

Where does your unevidenced and unargued claim fall?

You religious nutters think you can just claim anything, and the world has to do work to prove it wrong.

It's a mental handicap, as we can see here.
There's tons of evidence for my beliefs. You just dismiss it all.

Well see, this is where your argument breaks down. What data and evidence are you referring to?
Short answer: The universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce intelligence that is so improbable that it could only have been intentional.

Last edited:
Short answer: The universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce intelligence that is is so improbable that it could only have been intentional.
That's not evidence that's a conclusion that you haven't even have begun to support.

Your magical, iron aged horseshit?

Uh no, there is zero.
If you consider the universe popping into existence - in an improbable way - with the only structure of matter that could produce a life filled universe to be nothing, I probably can't help you see it.

Last edited:
That's not evidence that's a conclusion that you haven't even have begun to support.
If the charge between electrons and protons were not exactly opposite, the universe could have been created in exactly the same way yet would be devoid of life.

Forum List

Back