Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

Mkay. If "God" told me to kill my son, I'm gonna pass. In that case, I'm going to assume I've got the wrong "God". Everything my soul tells me is right, tells me that's wrong.
That’s called discernment.
God will never ask you do something you think is evil.

And don’t try to draw parallels. You had no idea of thoughts of others.

Lol... I'm locked into the central morality of the "god of Abraham". Deal with it.

Would you killed your son if God commanded it?
Consider Jeremiah 7:30-31

The people of Judah have done what is evil in my eyes says the LORD. They have set up their detestable things in the house which bears my name, thereby defiling it. In the Valley of Ben-hinnom they go on building the high places of Topheth to sacrifice their sons and daughters by fire, something I never commanded or had in mind.

People were putting their own children to death by fire as an offering to idols, and this greatly disturbed God.

So CS Louis was a religious nut. Only a total idiot would say atheism has no basis for good and evil.
He was no nut, religious or otherwise. Atheism is predicated on the belief that all that exists is satisfaction of material needs and primitive urges. Nothing exists beyond the material. All that matters is the satisfaction of material needs. It's literally the basis of Karl Marx's beliefs and the basis of communism.

It’s something that is inherent in your words because of your lack of an unshakable foundation. Your morals will be controlled by the mob. This means you are easily brainwashed and controlled.
Whatever you say Bubba. Nice tinfoil hat you got there.

While religion has often been used to promote specific visions of morality, it is not the source.
Correct. The law of nature aka the moral law aka the law of right and wrong is innate. It's the basis for inalienable rights. That there are natural rights that exist that are beyond man's authority to redefine them as he wishes. It's literally the basis of the Declaration of Independence.

You believe in things God says is evil.
Your opinions vs God.

You do not believe in things Hitler believed good.
Your opinions vs Hitler.

But yours are mere opinions. Opinions that can and will change.
Really? How about naming those things you think I believe?

He was no nut, religious or otherwise. Atheism is predicated on the belief that all that exists is satisfaction of material needs and primitive urges. Nothing exists beyond the material. All that matters is the satisfaction of material needs. It's literally the basis of Karl Marx's beliefs and the basis of communism.
Not a single atheist I know believes the silly things you seem to think they believe. I guess it's easy for you to make up shit while in your cult bubble.

Not a single atheist I know believes the silly things you seem to think they believe. I guess it's easy for you to make up shit while in your cult bubble.
Maybe you just don't realize you believe it but it most certainly is the logical conclusion of an existence that is solely predicated upon a material existence. You can't claim spirituality when it is convenient to do so and reject it when it isn't. So literally all you are left with is a material existence and consumption of material goods. Just like Karl Marx said.

Maybe you just don't realize you believe it but it most certainly is the logical conclusion of an existence that is solely predicated upon a material existence. You can't claim spirituality when it is convenient to do so and reject it when it isn't. So literally all you are left with is a material existence and consumption of material goods. Just like Karl Marx said.
As usual, that's some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Correct. The law of nature aka the moral law aka the law of right and wrong is innate. It's the basis for inalienable rights. That there are natural rights that exist that are beyond man's authority to redefine them as he wishes. It's literally the basis of the Declaration of Independence.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
The unalienable rights are a gift (endow) from God (Creator). Life, liberty, property (original words). God, not nature, gives us these rights.

The God of Jacob has specifically documented what is good and evil.
So the OP was not accurate. It is not atheism alone that Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust, it is anyone who is not Christian. Or do you include Jews and Muslims with Christians? They both profess to follow the God of Jacob even though their Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust differs from Christians. What about Mormons? The Hindu religion documents what is Good or Evil, Just or Unjust, do you include them too?

Good and evil are human constructs.

When you name the good you create the evil because the one cannot exist without the other.

Everything that exists does so because of the mutual existence of its opposite. it can be no other way.

As thinking beings we can create our own ideas of good and evil.

We have the ability to imagine ourselves in a situation we have not directly experienced. In that way secular humanism is an even more meaningful avenue to ethics and morality than religion.

I can know that if I set a person of fire that it would be agony for that person therefore I can reason that setting a person on fire is "wrong" or "evil"

Religious zealots didn't care if they were being evil when they set "heretics" or "witches" on fire did they? So it seems to me secular humanism is far superior to religious "morality".

Last edited:
As usual, that's some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.
1708086513972.png

Forum List

Back