Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

And every religion is as valid as yours, including ones that have committed acts of violence against the innocent.
We aren't debating what is valid. We are debating whether atheists have a basis or foundation to have a firm conviction of what is good and what is evil.

Opinions are all equal.
No, they're not.

Getting back to the kool-aid thing, the members of the Jim Jones cult thought they were Christians. They thought they were doing God's will when they gave their children poison koolaid that killed them. They were able to override their innate urges to love and protect their children and replace it with what someone told them was "God's will". That's far more dangerous than an atheist trusting their inner convictions.

You are saying I’m right. You have nothing and cannot answer because you have no basis or foundation for your current beliefs.
That might be what you heard, but not what I said. Your brain washing is complete.

That might be what you heard, but not what I said. Your brain washing is complete.
It’s something that is inherent in your words because of your lack of an unshakable foundation. Your morals will be controlled by the mob. This means you are easily brainwashed and controlled.

No, they're not.

Getting back to the kool-aid thing, the members of the Jim Jones cult thought they were Christians. They thought they were doing God's will when they gave their children poison koolaid that killed them. They were able to override their innate urges to love and protect their children and replace it with what someone told them was "God's will". That's far more dangerous than an atheist trusting their inner convictions.
They believed they were all doing good.

So did Pol Pot.

The fact you can’t grasp that self evident truth is most telling

They believed they were all doing good.

So did Pol Pot.
Of course. We can believe in things that are utterly false. You can believe that the "God of Abraham" is the source of all morality. But if you kill you children in service of that belief, you're not moral.

Of course. We can believe in things that are utterly false. You can believe that the "God of Abraham" is the source of all morality. But if you kill you children in service of that belief, you're not moral.
Who says?
Baal worshipping involved putting your babies on red hot metal. They believed they were doing good.

You’re locked into a hypothetical irrelevant to the topic that good and evil prove God.
Lol... I'm locked into the central morality of the "god of Abraham". Deal with it.

Would you killed your son if God commanded it?

Forum List

Back