Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

That's not why I came to faith in God, and that's not the reason any Christian I know came to faith. :dunno:
Sorry, I am not buying this nonsense.

If not for the promised magical reward of the forever festival, Christianity would not even exist. No messiah. You would all be Jewish mystics or would subscribe to a religion that offered better rewards.

Yep. I have no respect for your silly superstitions. But quote something where I've advocated that government suppress them. That's what you accused me of. Back it up, or shut the fuck up.
Still waiting.

You say that a lot, in an attempt to disparage faith.

I've no issue with anyone's faith.

In fact, I highly doubt that you could ever find a single instance of me belittling anyone for their faith.

...the source of a claim has nothing to do with the validity of the claim itself.

Exactly! Thank You! That's why I''m not interested in chasing ding's links around just to placate his self-confirmation routine.

And btw, I can't speak for other religions, but in Christianity, man is not central. God is.

Have you ever read the obituaries? I do all of the time. I dunno why. But something I've always observed is that everybody who dies is always said to be lookiing down on everyone from Heaven..and they're all smiling at us.

Nobody ever says, hey, you know that cat's burning in the flames of Hell.

I don't know what an "atheist nation" is. I wouldn't want to live in any country where the government presumed to steer religion. Or vice versa.
I don't believe you, and I'm not going to "help" you by pretending that statement is honest

The claim of the thread is that "atheism has no basis for the idea of good or evil just or unjust". That's true, in a literal sense, but the implication is that morality can't exist without belief in gods. I've posted links showing how morality can and has occurred independent of your sky fairies. But, despite your supposed interest in learning new things, I doubt you even clicked on them.
Atheism is predicated on materialism. So to an atheist all there is is the satisfaction of material needs and primitive impulses. That doesn't mean that atheists can't be moral. It only means that their morality is aimed at satisfying their material needs and primitive instincts. Which means they have no absolute morals. Their morals are fluid; relative.

And no, I never saw those links. So how could I click on them? Will they tell me anything different than what I just wrote?

Atheism is predicated on materialism
Idiotic and ass backwards wrong, obviously.

Atheism is lack of belief in magical sky daddies. Materialism is then incidental, and only so IFF the individual doesn't then believe in some other magical horseshit, e.g. Wicca or Astrology.

Go for it. Just back of your unsupported accusations. They're annoying.
Do you believe that success is random? That it's based on luck? Or do you believe you live in a logical universe where cause and effect apply?

Atheism is predicated on materialism. So to an atheist all there is is the satisfaction of material needs and primitive impulses.
Prove that? Can you? Can you even construct an argument in that direction?

No, you can't. And you still haven't clicked on my links. Or addressed any of the points made. Are you nothing but a fraud?
That doesn't mean that atheists can't be moral. It only means that their morality is aimed at satisfying their material needs and primitive instincts.
Again. You are making empty claims. Prove it.
And no, I never saw those links. So how could I click on them? Will they tell me anything different than what I just wrote?
Yes.

Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust​

I am not an atheist, but have seen them use the greater good as a basis.

The good of the many outweigh the good of the few.

I see atheists walking their talk, statistically, as where there are more of them and less religious, they produce a more peaceful and law abiding people.

Now if we could just get the religious to be more atheistic.

That would really help out the world.

Right?
Who decides what the 'good of the many' is?

Prove that? Can you? Can you even construct an argument in that direction?

No, you can't. And you still haven't clicked on my links. Or addressed any of the points made. Are you nothing but a fraud?

Again. You are making empty claims. Prove it.

Yes.
Sure, but how about a book that explains it instead?

But do you really need a book to tell you that a people who only believe in material existence are only concerned with the satisfaction of their material needs and primitive impulses? Isn't that self evident?

Forum List

Back