Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Have you ever seen a Bigfoot?

If you did, would you believe the reality of a Bigfoot?

Have you ever seen a "religious" person?..................

The evidence to religion, is the religious people you see all around you, every day, multiple times.

Now that's some serious indoctrination going on. I only have the strength to address your post in small doses.

First, to answer your first two questions...

1. No, I have never seen Bigfoot

2. If I were to see Bigfoot, yes, I would believe in Bigfoot, but only if I knew for certain that my mind was in tact. For example, If I had been drinking wine, I would question my sobriety. If I dropped a hit of acid, I would probably blame it on the acid. See what I'm saying?

I think both of us know I'm never going to actually see Bigfoot, and just because others say it's so, doesn't make it so.

Now your next question and statement is totally mind boggling to me. It appears that you base your religious beliefs on mob mentality.

3. Yes, I've seen religious people, and yes, I do believe religious people do exist.

That doesn't automatically mean that I have to believe in their religion.

There are over one billion people in this world who believe in Allah. Does that make you a Muslim? Does that mean they are correct, just because they are out there, with billions of examples?

Wait, you just wrote "Allah". That makes you "bound to Islam".
According to the same logic...

I guess we all are! LOL!

Apparently you didn't get the logic, at all :)

Oh my, you most certainly can reject religion.

You can not reject the reality of something, that has billions of examples all around the world.

That would be silly, innit?

More mob mentality...

As they used to tell me in elementary school, "if everybody else jumped in the lake would you jump in too?" -- always in response to a kid that explained his reasoning that he did something "because everybody else did it".

I have to thank the for teaching that fallacy early on. In a Catholic school. :coffee:

Well, I gotta say, I really, really, like the new Pope! :biggrin:

Which Popes didn't you like? And why did you stay with the church through those times? So it really doesn't matter if you like the pope or not, right?

There were some really evil Popes. The Catholic church lost its way a long time ago. Anyone who knows history knows we had corrupt popes. So, knowing this to be true, why would anyone follow a church that sometimes is corrupt and has lost its way and sometimes is good? If I'm going to put my faith into something, I want to believe it is always good and right. Unfortunately if you are born at the wrong time you have to wait for an evil pope to die before you MIGHT get a good one.

The 6 Most Awful Popes

I'm not Catholic, although I did hang out with a group of Catholics in high school. (boy, they really knew how to party...wowza!)

I've attended a Catholic Church one time throughout my lifetime, so my knowledge of the Catholic religion is limited. I do know that Mary being a virgin is serious business to Catholics.

I just like the new Pope because of his liberal views.

I was raised in a Church of Christ....the one without the piano.

You can not reject the reality of something, that has billions of examples all around the world.

More mob mentality...

As they used to tell me in elementary school, "if everybody else jumped in the lake would you jump in too?" -- always in response to a kid that explained his reasoning that he did something "because everybody else did it".

I have to thank the for teaching that fallacy early on. In a Catholic school. :coffee:

Change "religion" with "love", you will see how your arguments not make sense at all.

Religion is a feeling, a very real one. Claiming otherwise is 1. would be silly, 2. against science and human evolutional psychology as we know it today...

I am just saying, you don;t have to believe me. You can go check it out and come back.

That doesn't make any sense. I didn't even use the word "religion" there.

"You can not reject the reality of something, that has billions of examples all around the world."

This is what you quoted.

And claimed a lot of people feeling religion don't prove religion, right? Yes you did.

And I said religion and love, you can interchange, ad you will get a different conclusion.

A lot of people feeling love, well, magically proves it to be a reality, because, ah, right, it is not called religion..... Maybe even love is not real to you, you could be a hopeless one after all :)

But anyways, anything human beings experience, is real, because it has a projection in the brain itself. It is very physical, it is very real, just like any other emotions, thoughts, ideas you have.

Number 17

1. God is the universe/love/laws of physics.
    We already have names for these things. Redefining something as ‘god’ tells us nothing. To use the word ‘god’ implies a host of other attributes and if you don’t intend to apply those attributes, using the word is intentionally misleading
So are you saying that Love came and talked to Adam & Eve, or Moses, or Noah? Love sent Jesus to be crucified? Love talked to Joseph Smith and told him all those crazy things? Love visited Mohammad and told him to kill all non believers?

Love built heaven and hell?

Seems the gig is up on the old lies about god visiting us and so now people are going to re define what god is. Good luck.

More mob mentality...

Which Popes didn't you like? And why did you stay with the church through those times? So it really doesn't matter if you like the pope or not, right?

There were some really evil Popes. The Catholic church lost its way a long time ago. Anyone who knows history knows we had corrupt popes. So, knowing this to be true, why would anyone follow a church that sometimes is corrupt and has lost its way and sometimes is good? If I'm going to put my faith into something, I want to believe it is always good and right. Unfortunately if you are born at the wrong time you have to wait for an evil pope to die before you MIGHT get a good one.

The 6 Most Awful Popes

I'm not Catholic, although I did hang out with a group of Catholics in high school. (boy, they really knew how to party...wowza!)

I've attended a Catholic Church one time throughout my lifetime, so my knowledge of the Catholic religion is limited. I do know that Mary being a virgin is serious business to Catholics.

I like the new pope too to be honest with you. Maybe he's the start of a new beginning for Catholics. Stop worrying and focusing on birth control and abortion and start helping the poor.

My favorite thing he said was:

Just as the commandment “Thou shalt not kill” sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say “thou shalt not” to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills. How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points? This is a case of exclusion. Can we continue to stand by when food is thrown away while people are starving? This is a case of inequality. Today everything comes under the laws of competition and the survival of the fittest, where the powerful feed upon the powerless. As a consequence, masses of people find themselves excluded and marginalized: without work, without possibilities, without any means of escape.

Why not instead I should just call that preacher on my tv and give him my credit card so he can bless me after 10 easy payments of $77.

If you don't like the preacher on TV don't watch him, I don't.

Do you argue with boss? He believes in a generic god. Oh,and so do you if you don't believe in hell.

Does he really believe in a generic god? I seriously doubt it, and I see no reason to argue with him even if he does. You, on the other hand, have an obsessive need to argue with anyone who proclaims a belief in any god whatever, despite your claim that you only have a problem with people who believe in a generic god no one believes in but you.

Now I'm confused. Are you a christian? Which sect? Presby, Luteran, Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Jehova, Born again, non denom, greek orthodox, etc?

What difference does that make? This thread is not about my beliefs, it is about the claim that atheism is not a religion. The fact that you need to define other people proves that, for you, it is a religion because only religious fanatics need to define other people.

Now you have to tell us if you take the Adam, Moses & Noah stories literally or are they just allegories? And if they are, maybe the Jesus miracles didn't happen either. I mean those stories were all written 80 years or more after the fact.

Actually, I don't.

Truth? I don't think so.

You are right, you don't think.

Beavers build dams instinctively. Men learned to build dams from seeing the results of what beavers did naturally (by instinct). Concrete dams do not exist in nature. They are man made after a learning process.

I learned to build dams by throwing rocks into the path of the rain water than ran down the hill behind the house I grew up in, I have never actually seen a beaver build a dam. I guess that makes you wrong, not to mention incredibly stupid.

How do you explain the existence of dams in places that have no beavers to teach humans about them, like China? Did they learn through ESP?

Huts and houses did not occur until man learned to build them. The first humans had no houses. Many lived in caves. Many learned that getting under a tree of a pile of leaves gave them some shelter. Man's building of homes was a learned practice, not a natural instinct.

Seriously? How do you know that? After all, apes are known to build shelters, and we have a common ancestor. Is this another example of your incredible stupidity?
Most of what I write here is my opinion, Mr. Asshole! Given a loaded paint brush, an elephant can produce "modern art".

More mob mentality...

The 6 Most Awful Popes

I like the new pope too to be honest with you. Maybe he's the start of a new beginning for Catholics. Stop worrying and focusing on birth control and abortion and start helping the poor.

My favorite thing he said was:

Just as the commandment “Thou shalt not kill” sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say “thou shalt not” to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills. How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points? This is a case of exclusion. Can we continue to stand by when food is thrown away while people are starving? This is a case of inequality. Today everything comes under the laws of competition and the survival of the fittest, where the powerful feed upon the powerless. As a consequence, masses of people find themselves excluded and marginalized: without work, without possibilities, without any means of escape.

See...this new Pope rocks! :biggrin:

Beavers build dams instinctively. Men learned to build dams from seeing the results of what beavers did naturally (by instinct). Concrete dams do not exist in nature. They are man made after a learning process.

I learned to build dams by throwing rocks into the path of the rain water than ran down the hill behind the house I grew up in, I have never actually seen a beaver build a dam. I guess that makes you wrong, not to mention incredibly stupid.

How do you explain the existence of dams in places that have no beavers to teach humans about them, like China? Did they learn through ESP?

Huts and houses did not occur until man learned to build them. The first humans had no houses. Many lived in caves. Many learned that getting under a tree of a pile of leaves gave them some shelter. Man's building of homes was a learned practice, not a natural instinct.

Seriously? How do you know that? After all, apes are known to build shelters, and we have a common ancestor. Is this another example of your incredible stupidity?
Most of what I write here is my opinion, Mr. Asshole! Given a loaded paint brush, an elephant can produce "modern art".

A - you're wasting your time. :trolls:

Why not instead I should just call that preacher on my tv and give him my credit card so he can bless me after 10 easy payments of $77.

If you don't like the preacher on TV don't watch him, I don't.

Do you argue with boss? He believes in a generic god. Oh,and so do you if you don't believe in hell.

Does he really believe in a generic god? I seriously doubt it, and I see no reason to argue with him even if he does. You, on the other hand, have an obsessive need to argue with anyone who proclaims a belief in any god whatever, despite your claim that you only have a problem with people who believe in a generic god no one believes in but you.

Now I'm confused. Are you a christian? Which sect? Presby, Luteran, Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Jehova, Born again, non denom, greek orthodox, etc?

What difference does that make? This thread is not about my beliefs, it is about the claim that atheism is not a religion. The fact that you need to define other people proves that, for you, it is a religion because only religious fanatics need to define other people.

Now you have to tell us if you take the Adam, Moses & Noah stories literally or are they just allegories? And if they are, maybe the Jesus miracles didn't happen either. I mean those stories were all written 80 years or more after the fact.

Actually, I don't.

Truth? I don't think so.

You are right, you don't think.

I love watching the lying preacher on tv lying to fools in America. Its like being at the enemies meeting. I get to listen in and see the foolishness without having to get up and drive in and sit in on one of those services. What a riot.

If they don't want me watching, take it off free tv. LOL.

Anyways, if Christianity was real, they wouldn't have con artists and nuts like Billy Graham as their spokespeople.

And you misunderstood me. I said I don't believe in any god. Boss believes in generic god. He isn't a Christian or Muslim or Jew but he still believes in god. He believes because humans have always believed that that is proof a god must exist. Plus spiritual energy and all that. He uses all these reasons why he believes, even though he admits that all the organized religions are fos.

I don't hardly ever argue with people who are christians, especially the ones who believe that Noah built a boat and 2 of every animal came from all over the world.

And most so called "christians" that I talk to say they understand those are all just stories to teach right from wrong.

What they don't put together in their little brainwashed brains is that if noah, adam and moses are all stories, so too is the Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, 10 loaves into 1000, virgin mother, rising from the dead.

One day they will realize even the Jesus stories are all lies. So is the entire concept of god.

Do I believe in something greater than self? I sure do. It's called our society. We the People. Our constitution. Science and the Universe.

More mob mentality...

The 6 Most Awful Popes

I dunno... a church without a piano, that's ... that's apianoism. Doesn't sound good.

Posted from my piano

Have you ever seen a Bigfoot?

If you did, would you believe the reality of a Bigfoot?

Have you ever seen a "religious" person?..................

The evidence to religion, is the religious people you see all around you, every day, multiple times.

Now that's some serious indoctrination going on. I only have the strength to address your post in small doses.

First, to answer your first two questions...

1. No, I have never seen Bigfoot

2. If I were to see Bigfoot, yes, I would believe in Bigfoot, but only if I knew for certain that my mind was in tact. For example, If I had been drinking wine, I would question my sobriety. If I dropped a hit of acid, I would probably blame it on the acid. See what I'm saying?

I think both of us know I'm never going to actually see Bigfoot, and just because others say it's so, doesn't make it so.

Now your next question and statement is totally mind boggling to me. It appears that you base your religious beliefs on mob mentality.

3. Yes, I've seen religious people, and yes, I do believe religious people do exist.

That doesn't automatically mean that I have to believe in their religion.

There are over one billion people in this world who believe in Allah. Does that make you a Muslim? Does that mean they are correct, just because they are out there, with billions of examples?

Wait, you just wrote "Allah". That makes you "bound to Islam".
According to the same logic...

I guess we all are! LOL!

Apparently you didn't get the logic, at all :)

Au contraire -- I followed it where it goes. That's how you know what a dead end is. :thup:

I love watching the lying preacher on tv lying to fools in America. Its like being at the enemies meeting. I get to listen in and see the foolishness without having to get up and drive in and sit in on one of those services. What a riot.

Anyways, if Christianity was real, they wouldn't have con artists and nuts like Billy Graham as their spokespeople.

And you misunderstood me. I said I don't believe in any god. Boss believes in generic god. He isn't a Christian or Muslim or Jew but he still believes in god. He believes because humans have always believed that that is proof a god must exist. Plus spiritual energy and all that. He uses all these reasons why he believes, even though he admits that all the organized religions are fos.

I don't hardly ever argue with people who are christians, especially the ones who believe that Noah built a boat and 2 of every animal came from all over the world.

And most so called "christians" that I talk to say they understand those are all just stories to teach right from wrong.

What they don't put together in their little brainwashed brains is that if noah, adam and moses are all stories, so too is the Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, 10 loaves into 1000, virgin mother, rising from the dead.

One day they will realize even the Jesus stories are all lies. So is the entire concept of god.

Do I believe in something greater than self? I sure do. It's called our society. We the People. Our constitution. Science and the Universe.

Are you saying that anything that any con artist uses to make money is fake?

I guess that means you believe in lots of things that aren't real.

Of course not. It is man made. Invented and constructed by man as opposed to occurring naturally. Iron ore is natural. Knives are not.

What is the intrinsic difference between a beaver dam and a dam made by man? What makes one natural, and the other unnatural? Defining natural in such a way that you exclude the works of human beings is, at best, simplistic.

]Wrong. That is their natural way of protecting and raising their young.

And a house is man's natural way of doing the exact same thing.

Just want to point something out. People like Boss brag that 95% of us believe in god. So what? If it weren't for the 5% of humans who invented huts, the rest of us would still be living in caves or under trees.

I bet it was the 5% that came up with god to manipulate the 95%. How else did King Tut get his slaves to build the pyramids. He lied and told them he was a god.

Would you know how to make a tv or gas engine? How about a dam? Would you know how to build a dam? Most people would not.

Hell, most people can't make fire, wouldn't know how to make rope, don't know what is edible, would not know how to find or make steel products.

Get where I'm going with this? We brad about man's accoplishments but really if everything went away tomorrow, how many of us would know how to re invent anything?

Are you saying that anything that any con artist uses to make money is fake?

I guess that means you believe in lots of things that aren't real.

Why do good/real Christians put up with it?

Your personal experience in dam building came after you knew what dams were and how they worked. You did not discover dams on your own. I built one in a sandbox once myself. That doesn't mean that I discovered dams.

Who knows where the Chinese learned the effects of damming a stream of water? It certainly is not an instinctive human trait....else we'd each have a dam somewhere.

The only non-beaver dams that I know of that occurred in nature were the glacial ice dams that occasionally broke and caused the erosion of the scablands in Washington state.

More mob mentality...

Change "religion" with "love", you will see how your arguments not make sense at all.

Religion is a feeling, a very real one. Claiming otherwise is 1. would be silly, 2. against science and human evolutional psychology as we know it today...

I am just saying, you don;t have to believe me. You can go check it out and come back.

That doesn't make any sense. I didn't even use the word "religion" there.

"You can not reject the reality of something, that has billions of examples all around the world."

This is what you quoted.

And claimed a lot of people feeling religion don't prove religion, right? Yes you did.

NO, I said no such thing. Ever.

On the contrary I've said repeatedly here that every culture everywhere in every time has ha some kind of religion. I don't know what orifice this is being fracked from. I really don't.

And I said religion and love, you can interchange, ad you will get a different conclusion.

A lot of people feeling love, well, magically proves it to be a reality, because, ah, right, it is not called religion..... Maybe even love is not real to you, you could be a hopeless one after all :)

Irrelevant. Has nothing to do with anything I've posted at all.

But anyways, anything human beings experience, is real, because it has a projection in the brain itself. It is very physical, it is very real, just like any other emotions, thoughts, ideas you have.

There's still no point expressed here. It's a head scratcher. :dunno:

Forum List

Back