🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing and we're all going nowhere

I already explained how energy can pop into existence. Were you too lazy to read it or too ignorant to understand it?
Now you are just trying to parrot me. Energy can't "pop into existence" FROM NOTHING.
In post # 268 (actually this was the third time) I just gave you the explanation how it is possible for energy to pop into existence, showed that no laws of nature were violated for energy to pop into existence and provided expert testimony. Well, Einstein... what do you have to say now?
Actually if you read your own link, it talks about 2 (TWO) energies, positive and negative. Positive energy is SOMETHING and negative energy is also SOMETHING, neither is nothing. There are equal amounts of both THINGS fluctuating for eternity.
You are a moron. Those two forces are the positive energy of matter and the negative energy of gravitational energy. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. Furthermore, there is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Additionally, Professor Vilenkin explains that the problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state. A cyclical universe cannot avoid this problem.

Tell me... were you born a dumbass or did you have to train for it.
So you admit positive energy and negative energy are something and not nothing.
Vilenkin is entitled to his unproven OPINION, and you repeatedly pontificating it does not prove it.

Others have other opinions, and some are actually based on repeatable experiments!

"Throughout the universe, particles and antiparticles spontaneously form and quickly annihilate each other without violating the law of energy conservation. These spontaneous births and deaths of so-called 'virtual particle' pairs are known as 'quantum fluctuations.' Indeed, laboratory experiments have proven that quantum fluctuations occur everywhere, all the time."

Cosmologists have constructed a theory called inflation that accounts for the way in which a small volume of space occupied by a virtual particle pair could have ballooned to become the vast universe we see today. Alan Guth, one of the main brains behind inflationary cosmology, thus described the universe as "the ultimate free lunch."
Without the matter - which popped into existence through the laws of quantum mechanic - there would have been no gravitational force to balance the force of the matter. The net force of the universe is always and will always be zero. It was zero before matter popped into existence and it was zero after matter popped into existence. Is this beyond your ability to comprehend? Yes. Yes it is.

Apparently you do NOT realize that Alexander Vilenkin was an early pioneer of the theory of inflation. It is the model I have been explaining to you for three days. It is the model you have been arguing against for three days. You are literally an idiot.

Eternal inflation - Wikipedia

Phys. Rev. D 27, 2848 (1983) - Birth of inflationary universes

Last edited:
Without the matter - which popped into existence through the laws of quantum mechanic - there would have been no gravitational force to balance the force of the matter.
And matter is NOT nothing. And balanced forces are NOT nothing.
You got nothing.

Ding, the reasons why we don't understand the nature of dark matter and dark energy yet, does not make your religion true.

Your religion is only true, because your parents or caregivers, sold you on it.

There's so much more to learn from very intelligent people here.

It will blow your mind...
I see. What is it that you do again for a living that would make me want to follow your advice?
I'm a priest.

And there's no point, really, to any of it, so life has no meaning or purpose.

A creator god isn't necessary for there to be a purpose to life. Buddhists for instance believe that this earthly rebirth is the perfect opportunity to advance towards enlightenment.

Ding, the reasons why we don't understand the nature of dark matter and dark energy yet, does not make your religion true.

I see. What is it that you do again for a living that would make me want to follow your advice?
I'm a priest.
To embarrassed to say? That's cool. It explains a lot.

Without the matter - which popped into existence through the laws of quantum mechanic - there would have been no gravitational force to balance the force of the matter.
You got nothing.
Are you still arguing against the theory of inflation? You would have been better off staying down.

And there's no point, really, to any of it, so life has no meaning or purpose.

A creator god isn't necessary for there to be a purpose to life. Buddhists for instance believe that this earthly rebirth is the perfect opportunity to advance towards enlightenment.
It is if that creator god were existence itself. I don't believe you have thought through these things at all. Your own beliefs are such that you believe there is more than the material world.

The laws of nature were in place BEFORE space and time were created. Mathematicians don't invent the theorems they write, physicists don't invent the laws of nature they write and musicians don't invent the music they write. They just discover it. It existed in time before they discovered it. It was waiting in time for them to discover it. Buddha understood this. Why can't you?

I'm a priest.
No, I'm not embarrassed. I'm one of the good ones.

Are you starting to understand?

I'm a priest.
No, I'm not embarrassed. I'm one of the good ones.

Are you starting to understand?
I understand that you rationalize things because your brain cannot live in conflict.

You got nothing.
Are you still arguing against the theory of inflation? You would have been better off staying down.
Nope, I am arguing, as I have been all along, that there is no such thing as nothing.

My point is that we don't need people like you regurgitating that stuff anymore. We need people promoting the values of peace, virtue, and honor.

Sure, you can donate all you want, but it means nothing if you don't understand the meaning.

And you are still stuck on Christianity because you were born into it.

You don't understand yet...You don't deserve based on birth. You have to earn it.

My point is that we don't need people like you regurgitating that stuff anymore. We need people promoting the values of peace, virtue, and honor.

Sure, you can donate all you want, but it means nothing if you don't understand the meaning.

And you are still stuck on Christianity because you were born into it.

You don't understand yet...You don't deserve based on birth. You have to earn it.
Really? Then why did I abandon my faith when I was 18?

You got nothing.
Nope, I am arguing, as I have been all along, that there is no such thing as nothing.
You keep believing that. Your prior posts say otherwise. The universe was literally created from nothing. Nothing was there, then something was there. Furthermore, the Laws of Nature were in place before something was created from nothing.

You got nothing.
You keep believing that. Your prior posts say otherwise. The universe was literally created from nothing. Nothing was there, then something was there. Furthermore, the Laws of Nature were in place before something was created from nothing.
Ex nihilo nihil fit.
Your own inflation theory, except the way you pervert it, says there is no such thing as nothing.

No such thing as nothing
If we look at the most absolute nothingness that we can find and we zoom in to the smallest scales, we can infer that the emptiness is a hotbed of quantum activity! Particles are popping in and out of existence so quickly that you or I wouldn’t even say they existed. There is energy in the vacuum and we can see it (check out the Casimir effect for more information).

Something from nothing
Now let’s roll back the clock to “before” the Big Bang, as people who pose this question would call it. We know that our proto-Universe must have been very small, and was thus in the quantum regime. If, by some mechanism, these quantum fluctuations were amplified so that they became very large, then they exit the quantum mechanical regime and can become physical particles (as we would think of them). We call this mechanism Inflation (which my group believes we may have detected).

So it’s not that there was nothing and then suddenly there was something, but that the Universe was in a state that was governed purely by quantum mechanics. Inflation then amplified quantum fluctuations in our proto-Universe onto large scales that then became our Universe as we know it.

Because of quantum mechanics, there is no such thing as nothing.

You got nothing.
Ex nihilo nihil fit.
Your own inflation theory, except the way you pervert it, says there is no such thing as nothing.

No such thing as nothing
If we look at the most absolute nothingness that we can find and we zoom in to the smallest scales, we can infer that the emptiness is a hotbed of quantum activity! Particles are popping in and out of existence so quickly that you or I wouldn’t even say they existed. There is energy in the vacuum and we can see it (check out the Casimir effect for more information).

Something from nothing
Now let’s roll back the clock to “before” the Big Bang, as people who pose this question would call it. We know that our proto-Universe must have been very small, and was thus in the quantum regime. If, by some mechanism, these quantum fluctuations were amplified so that they became very large, then they exit the quantum mechanical regime and can become physical particles (as we would think of them). We call this mechanism Inflation (which my group believes we may have detected).

So it’s not that there was nothing and then suddenly there was something, but that the Universe was in a state that was governed purely by quantum mechanics. Inflation then amplified quantum fluctuations in our proto-Universe onto large scales that then became our Universe as we know it.

It isn't my inflation theory, moron. And I have not perverted anything. I am directly quoting one of the pioneers. Even your own guitar playing / facial hair styling enthusiast says you are full of shit. You have been all over the map on this but then again that is nothing new from a flaming liberal and what we have come to expect.

You got nothing.
Ex nihilo nihil fit.

No such thing as nothing

Something from nothing

It isn't my inflation theory, moron. And I have not perverted anything. I am directly quoting one of the pioneers. Even your own guitar playing / facial hair styling enthusiast says you are full of shit. You have been all over the map on this but then again that is nothing new from a flaming liberal and what we have come to expect.
Insulting me is like trying to get something from nothing.

Ex nihilo nihil fit.

No such thing as nothing

Something from nothing

Dude, I insult you because you have proven to be an idiot. So it is not really an insult. It is a statement of fact. Others have already proven that it is possible for matter to be created. I have shown you their explanation. Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenkin both believe it as it is their theory and their equations.

Ex nihilo nihil fit.

No such thing as nothing

Something from nothing

Dude, I insult you because you have proven to be an idiot. So it is not really an insult. It is a statement of fact. Others have already proven that it is possible for matter to be created. I have shown you their explanation. Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenkin both believe it as it is their theory and their equations.
You have nothing but insults because you have been shown over and over that there is no such thing as nothing and even the inflation theory says there is no such thing as nothing, so you completely pervert it by pontification and then name drop, the fallacy of appeal to authority.
You act like Tramp and think no one can see through your BS.

Forum List

Back